ORAS NU Soon™ 2.0

Soon™ 1

Words and text that introduce stuff. I'm notoriously bad at introducing. Whatever.

So uhh after they tiered the megas separately or whatever, I built a bunch of teams. Actually I only built three, two of which were pretty much the same concept.

The third one, however, was very different from the other two. I ended up liking it more than the other two after playing a lot of games with it. And now, stuff. things. whatever. i present the team. why did i stop using capital letters.

Obligatory sentence that comes after the mons sprites but before the sets and stuff that's supposed to make my RMT seem longer than it really is.

Altaria @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest

So I started off with this Specs Altaria after I don't know... I guess just me wanting to try it out. Despite a relatively low Special Attack stat, Modest Draco Meteor is still pretty strong. Has the Special Attack drop, which is something I'd care a lot more about if I ever stayed in for more than one or two turns at a time with this mon. Fire Blast hits the Steel types that resist Draco, like Steelix, Klinklang, and Mawile, for pretty great damage. Dragon Pulse is just a decent Dragon-type STAB for when I want to attack something, but don't want to drop my Sp. Attk. And then Rest is that move you come in and click just to heal up and activate Natural Cure by switching out immediately after.

I actually didn't send this guy out that much in the many games I had with this team, but the select few times I did I was able to launch some pretty strong Dracos at stuff.

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 56 Def / 172 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Metang is a pretty cool Stealth Rock user and check to Normal, Ice, and Flying type attacks. I originally had a Golurk here but changed it up so I could have a bird resist. Meteor Mash and Earthquake for attacks; Steel + Ground is pretty decent coverage together. And then Toxic, because Metang is barely ever getting off much damage to bulkier mons.

Usually just gets off SR, Toxics a couple of things, gets off some Meteor Mash hits. Rarely ever uses Earthquake unless I correctly predict a switch.

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Roost

Scyther's pretty good at taking hits and can sweep late game with SD. Pivoting out with U-Turn earlier in the match is pretty good. Max HP and Speed for a combination of speed and bulk, I obtain the power when I set up with Swords Dance. Sometimes I SD on a switch just to get off pretty decent damage with a +2 U-Turn on the following turn. It's pretty cool. I like Scyther.

Sets up Swords Dance and after a boost hits pretty hard with +2 Technician Aerial Ace. Roost is pretty good recovery too.

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Roselia is a pretty decent answer to specially offensive Sceptile and other specially based Grass-Types. Loses to most physical ones though, but I always scout for that sort of thing beforehand. Spikes are cool because the Spike Stacking help Altaria's attacks, as well as Scyther's attempts at sweeps. Then I just threw on the dual STAB combination for attacking, and Synthesis for recovery. I actually don't really use Spikes much. I've forced a lot of switches with this thing but I guess I just use those turns to double switch on a prediction or something. Max Special Attack for power, along with max HP for some bulk.

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out
- Knock Off

At this point I'm lookin' kinda weak to Fire types. I was also lookin' for a secondary Ice check, because at this point, Metang is the only thing that doesn't just take an L to Ice Types. Dual priority is pretty nice for revenge killing. Close Combat is Hariyama's strongest Fighting move; while it does have the defense drops, I'm clicking the move to annihilate something, not really caring too much about the stat drops. Knock off is possibly the best move in the game, and almost every Fighting-type in the tier has it (LOL at Primeape).

Pelipper @ Charti Berry
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Charti Berry is the Rock Berry (hah, rock, shoutout to Dwayne Johnson). It lets me take Rhydon's Stone Edge and KO with Scald. It's also my hazard remover, getting rid of rocks for itself, Altaria and Scyther. Also clears Spikes and TSpikes. Although Hariyama is the only mon on the team affected by TSpikes, they still wear it down, so being able to get rid of 'em is pretty ideal. Only problem is that it also clears my hazards. Slow U-Turn is another nice thing because I can bring in another mon safely, which will actually usually be Scyther, just to U-Turn again. Pelipper is a cool Pokemon. Shoutout to Mr. Briney and Peeko.

Outro and stuff bold text cause i can.

REPLAYS WERE OFFLINE WHILE I WAS BATTLING. ITS HELLA UPSETTING, I HAD SOME GOOD BATTLES WITH THIS SQUAD.

Random unneeded coverage moves. I battled a Gurdurr that was using Rock Slide and Ice Punch, so my Scyther got rekt trying to set up an SD on a predicted Switch. His full set was Drain Punch / Knock Off / Ice Punch / Rock Slide. I bet it was AV too cause that's how the ladder be.

Normal Spam. Metang is my only Normal resist, however it doesn't have any recovery, so it's pretty easy to wear down after repeated switch-ins. Coverage moves like EQ also threaten it a bit. However I'm a genius and play around this by switching into Pelipper and burning with scald.

Volt-Turn. My team doesn't have anything immune to Volt Switch, so a Volt Switch can lead to a U-Turn, which ends in complete chaos and me losing pretty much every single bit of momentum I thought I had.

1) Me, myself, and I. Because this team is epic and I made it.

2) PEOPLE WHO DON'T FORGET TO TAG ME IN THEIR SHOUTOUTS.

3) user xrn476 for finally making a forums account. You got that FC tho?

i probably used this song in a previous epic battle music but it's just that great

Altaria @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 56 Def / 172 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Roost

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out
- Knock Off

Pelipper @ Charti Berry
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

making fun of characters in pokemon by comparing their looks to something

Gary Oak looks like Brad from My Life as a Teenage Robot.

This dude looks like Twister from Rocket Power.

This guy's 5-mon team looks like the Pokemon version of the NWA.

This man looks like Ronald McDonald.

This guy's got LeBron's hairline.

This dude looks like Paul Blart.

This guy looks like a Joker in playing cards.

Sam from Danny Phantom.

Wario on 4/20.

He look like the blonde Terminator.

This guy's going insane. He's got a Mega Sableye smile too. Don't believe me?

They're like twins!

lol.

Free +MARCU5theBAW5 in NU.

The team looks pretty good. I tested it a bit and i found one change which would be really good and that is steelix instead of metang. It does the same job while beeing able to beat elektrics and normal types better. It can hold leftovers too. Because of that it gets much more longvity. You have spikes stack with a defogger what doesnt fit well together. Because you are really slow i would change sceptile over roserade for revenge killing much better. I hope i could help.

Hey man, nice team with a really cool Pokemon that just dropped to PU, Altaria. There are also some very solid NU mons such as Scyther and Hariyama, and so it looks solid in general, without much to worry about. However, I do still see a few changes that are worth making that will improve your team.

/
>

Having Rhydon or Steelix over Metang will alleviate your problem with Electric types, and they are still able to provide a Flying resist, as well as be able to lay up Stealth Rock for your team. Steelix is a better option if you feel that the Steel + Ground coverage is too good to let up on, and it also has passive recovery every turn via Leftovers, but Rhydon is also a solid option, so give either a try and see how you feel.

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Roar

>

I personally feel that Spikes stacking + Defog is very counter-intuitive, and I can see SD Sceptile being a huge problem to this team, and so I feel that Vileplume will be a better option here. Vileplume is able to live a +2 Acrobatics from Sceptile, and is still able to do Roselia's job of checking Pokemon such as Lilligant, being able to take a +1 HP Fire and retaliate with a Sludge Bomb, and that is why I feel that Vileplume is a superior option in this case. Putting opposing Pokemon to sleep is also helpful to provide extra turns for either Scyther to set up or for Altaria to nuke something with a Specs move.

+1 252 SpA Life Orb Lilligant Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Vileplume: 247-291 (69.9 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
+2 252 Atk Sceptile Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Vileplume: 288-340 (81.5 - 96.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Moonlight
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

I hope that these suggestions prove useful, do let me know if there are any other concerns / issues to address, and I wish you all the best with this team :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)