so i changed my wife's listing in my phone from "Heather" to "Jamie"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Its still the same number, her phone, but it'll read Jamie. I wonder how long it'll take her to pick up my phone, snoop through it, and notice. And I wonder what her reaction will be.

:33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

So, welcome to the prank thread. What kind of pranks have you pulled off? What are the funniest pranks you've heard of? What kind of pranks have worked best for you? Which ones backfired? really badly...

Senior year, I got to school really early like usual. My buddy Cade was sitting at the table. I sat down. He pulled out two squeeze bottles of ketchup and said, "Come on." I knew exactly what he had in mind. We snuck in the far bathrooms, popped open the top of one of the solid black soap dispensers, scooped all the soap out, dumped it in the trash can, wiped it out, dried it up... and filled it with ketchup.

They changed the soap dispensers to lockable ones pretty soon after that.

Back in middle school my buddy Cade and I figured out that we could easily open those old paper towel machines that you had to push the lever down on with a simple paper clip. We also figured out that if you opened them, then aaaaaaaaalmost closed them, but not quite, when you pushed on the lever the cover would fly open and the paper towel roll would rocket out. The first time we set it up I swear to glob I thought we were toast. We had just set it back up and were walking out snickering as Principle Strobel walked in. Its funny how your mood can go from giddy, mischievous, glee to cold dread in an instant like that. As we were booking it back into the classroom to get away from the scene we heard a CLANK, THUD, thud, thud, thud and Mr. Strobel cussing away.

Oh, and then there was the time Cade and I guessed our Guidance Counselor's password. His username was already in the username box ("JohEst"). We went to New Haven High School. Take a wild, WILD, guess what his password was...

NHHS

T___T

the power

the beautiful, unbridled, limitless power of an admin's account

lol

We had a computer lab right next to the Business Tech/Keyboarding/Computer room. They were separated by a wall with a huge window between. I was in Business Tech 2, and my class was 1 day ahead of the other Business Tech 2 class. So I knew what the Business Tech the next day would be working on because we worked on it the day before. We had a friend, Brian, who was in that 2nd BT class, and we both happened to be in the adjacent Computer Lab during his class. We just had to screw with something so...

we logged onto the Guidance Counselor's account, opened up the document Brian was going to edit, typed over it with gibberish, and saved it.

The look on that guy's face when he opened that document AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! And we could watch it all from the other side of the glass.

There were so many more, and I'm 99.9999% sure Principle Strobel knew it was Cade and I, but for whatever reason we never really got nailed on anything. We still talk about the one with the watermelon in the office, but that story's for another day.

So what about you?

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Your admin account access reminds me of something I did with a few friends. One of my friends was in the principal's office, and the way the computer faces, you can see someone type. Everyone's username is the same, the first three letter of your last name followed by the first three letters of your first name. Apparently, our principal is a really slow typist, because he could see most of the keys that he hit fairly easily, and piece together the rest. His password was "drowssap." Smart guy, eh? Following that, there was a group of eight or nine of us that did various things with the account, like edit documents and other stuff like that. None of us ever got caught, either, which was awesome.

Worst thing that's ever been done to me, though... hoo boy. There were assigned dates that the drug dogs were brought into school. None of the staff told us, but the first Wednesday of every month really wasn't that hard to figure out. Anyway, one of my buds knew the combination to my locker, because he kept some stuff in there, it being too much time to go back to his between classes. On the first Wednesday of April (forget how far away that was from April Fool's) that the drug dogs were there, he put a bag filled with oregano in my locker as a joke. Thankfully, it didn't get sniffed out, because I would've been accused of having drugs in my locker. That son of a bitch almost got me expelled, haha. Still haven't done anything back to him that was quite as bad as what he did to me, but I'll get it sometime.

EDIT: @tik: brb, killing self.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I cut up an apple and hid the pieces in a friend of mine's pillow and mattress until he started to smell like rotten fruit

also

at my behest, my friend Teddy is buttering my sleeping friend Dan's face with shaving cream while wearing a scarecrow mask in an effort to make him think he is living in a nightmare for the briefest of moments when he wakes up. It worked, and I have never seen a look of fear so genuine in my life

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
my wife has an iPhone, so I changed some of the "keywords" she uses in text messages to mean other things. For example, every time she types "James" (my name) in a text, it changes it to "my handsome and manly stud", "husband" has become "master", and every time she says "lol" it reads "frank and beans". Lame I know, but she's gotten some hilarious responses from people.

To complete your wife contact prank you have to change the picture set to Jamie as some random woman from Google images or something.

I can't say I've ever been legitimately pranked (my roommate and suitemates either don't care about me or think I would stab them if I got scared) and I've helped people plan pranks but I've never actually carried one out either besides really simple spur of the moment stuff like hiding stuff or editing the names of files. If I had to pick something, it would be stealing which I guess counts as a prank? I stole the rug I'm using in my dorm room has my high school colors with the logo and it's about 6'x4'. Also there used to be a tradition on the volleyball team for someone to steal a school-colored ball from every school in the district (like 7 total) and I helped Will get the last ones secured
"husband" has become "master"
When she types "my husband" to someone other than you, they must get some strange ideas. "I don't know if my master can come to your party tomorrow"

One time in Junior High my friends and I took an empty box of Hot Tamales, filled it with french fries, and gave it to some kid known as 'Sweet Tooth'

Idk.. it was funny.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1) take three pigs (works best if your school has AG)
2) number them 1, 2, and 4
3) let them loose at school and watch administration try to find the third pig

Oh god, I always get pranked. >_>

The best one was during my freshman year at my first day of band camp. Our director was giving his intro speech when suddenly my phone goes off and starts playing Hot in Here by Nelly at full blast. My brother had changed my ring tone the night before and had called it. So for the rest of the day, people kept on coming up to me asking if I was hot and if I was going to take my clothes off. -____-

Shii

zap
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
the only prank I can think of involves this sign:

a horribly shot movie
and a mean girl/fun-ruiner

basically what happened was my hilarious friends found a slow child sign and stole it from it's rightful place in some random yard and proceeded to film a movie called Quest for the Slow Child with it
this girl found out about the movie on youtube and called our group out on it and said she would call the police on us (I think it was because she had a grudge against one of the guys who was involved since they had fooled around and he didn't call her back or something like that)
so since one of the guys knew her address, we drove there, dropped off the Slow Child sign in her yard, and then got someone to dress up as a cop to scare her
and it totally worked
I think someone got a video of it but it was never posted online for obvious reasons (cop impersonation is a crime I guess)

and one of the funniest pranks I knew of was for april fools on another forum I go to
this forum is a Nintendo forum, but isn't affiliated with nintendo officially, just a fansite
basically, the staff told everyone the entire forum was gonna be shut down because Nintendo doesn't approve of it and violating copyright and blah blah blah
and it blew up, everyone took it seriously and start petitioning on the forum and on other sites too to keep the forum around
some people even sent letters to Nintendo telling them to not shut it down
then when the staff was all like "lol april fools", everyone was so pissed that they lied that the staffers decided not to do any more april fools pranks ever

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I added a y to the end of my entry for Fish in my phone and it still contacts the same place fancy that

jk people who use usernames on their phones suck

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
this one time i went to the movies to see "Be Cool" a million years ago with a bunch of friends in middle school and i was the only one who showed up. pranked or forgotten? who can say

i dated a boy that exploited my gullibility to ridiculous extents, like faking a serious sickness/accident he had immediately succumbed to and getting friends and family to corroborate his story while i was at home without a car calling my mother at the hospital to ask if she had seen him admitted

i have been pranked/tricked so many times that it's actually difficult to recall individual events anymore - it all blurs into "god damnit"

Its my senior year this year, so i plan on fucking around so much. I've already got a couple things planned out, though I'd like to wait until after I get into college before I do them so that I don't get screwed over.

The first is change every single computer's screen settings to upside down landscape, and then remove the option to change the desktop when you right click. The background would be a troll photo.

Our school has bells, but they have a wire coming out of them, covered by a wall. We traced it, however, and found out it comes out at the end of the hall, and goes up to the roof. From there it goes to the roof of the office, via an easily accessible terrace we aren't allowed in. Next Tuesday, When I come to school early for practice, I'm planning on checking out the Terrace (I've been up there before, but wasn't exactly looking for the wire and never really made the connection had I saw it. If I can, I will try to cut part of the insulator off and run a current through during one of my free periods, letting the bell ring non-stop (the fire alarm for our school is that, btw).

The third is pretty simple. Superglue a coin on the ground, and video tape the spot discreetly as people try to pick it up and fail.

"sup girl. I brought you some ice cream, and here is my seed."

'nuff said

Pretty much, Waterbomb wrote my entry. Although if you want more, I used to dabble in the sacred prank art of plastic animals.

Opening a notebook to find a plastic lizard = fun :)

One good prank I did was this:

In my school, I got those mini ketchup packets, folded them, and put them under a toilet seat. Then when people said on them, them ketchup packet would burst and get all over their legs.

I convinced my brother that if he really believed he would be allowed enter cookieland when he was like 4 or 5. I spent like 10 minutes convincing him it was real before he jumped into the radiator head-first and had to get nine stitches. Apart from that just minor things like salt in cereal etc

At my school there are whole bunch of douchebag hockey players, and for God knows what reason, 10-15 of them will go into the bathroom at the same time and do who knows what.

I always take advantage of the situation and just turn the lights off and listen to the music.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I posted this a while back, but when I was still a boarding school student, one of my friends went on a biology field excursion. But this was in November 2011. So myself and others thought it would be a good idea to treat Tom to an early christmas for when he got back to his room.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
One of the better pranks I've seen involves an apartment, the owner away for the weekend, and several thousand plastic/paper cups covering every available square inch of horizontal surface. Oh, and the cups are filled with water.

For extra humorous effect, staple the cups together after filling them 4/5 full.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
i was at a band party and my friend got up to go to the bathroom

so i emptied the entire salt container into his water

the look on his face when he took a sip

In middle school I had a dickhead P.E. teacher that clotheslined my friend and got away with it so I put sugar in his motorcycle engine and fucked it up.

During a food fight in middle school I threw a popsicle in the dean's face.

I had a group of five skater friends that I constantly hung out with. On the last day of school, there was this kid Israel who was hanging out with us and he was cool and all, but he would lie a lot about his sexual experiences and say he cummed on or fingered all these girls we know wouldn't give the guy a second look. He went stepped outside of the classroom for a bit, so one of my friends had the idea that we should all piss in a 2-liter of Coke and tell him to chug it but not tell him we pissed in it. Which we did, and he did. Right after he took the last gulp and smiled at us, we were struggling to compose ourselves so we told him and he yakked on site. In hindsight it was a really dickish thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)