ORAS NU Snow Warning Aurorus Offence (Peaked at #1 twice)

So, Snow warning on Aurorus is an ability that been overlooked, so i decided to give it a shot with choice specs and it turns out Aurorus is my new favorite NU Pokemon

(Aurorus) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

1st i choose Aurorus because of its wall breaking ability, its good special attack stat in combination with specs and hail makes it almost impossible to switch into. I have found the best way to play Aurorus is to be reckless with it because every specs blizzard you are able to fire off with it will put holes in your opponents team. Freeze dry and earth power are terrific coverage moves because they will hit most common aurorus counters and flash cannon is for other Aurorus'. Snow warning as an ability is amazing as it will give VERY important residual damage for sturdy/sash users, Snow warning will also not allow Musharna to heal effectively. Snow Warning will also basically give you a guaranteed win against weather teams

Sawk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide/Stone edge
- Earthquake

Sawk will provide late game sweep and benefits from Aurorus, pretty standard move set however i choose adamant scarf so i can OHKO important pokemon such as sceptile and archeops.

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
Kangaskhan provides some kind of speed control which the team can suffer from at times, can also work as a wallbreaker. EQ so kanga can some way to hit rock/steel types

Xatu @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Giga Drain
- Signal Beam
- Heat Wave
I saw someone awhile ago use life orb 3 attacks with roost however life orb 4 attacks provides amazing coverage. This pokemon can sweep entire teams if used properly, This move set is often unexpected and has a super effective move for almost every poke. Heat wave hits steelix, klinklang and ferroseed which are all big nu threats, also signal beam OHKO's most malamar sets. Xatu's speed is almost always not used to its advantage, if necessary can speed tie with other 95 base speed pokemon for example jynx,haunter, and electrivire. Xatu also provides as some sort of choiced fighting resist

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Clear Smog/Sludge bomb
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Weezing is great on this team because it provides a great check for fighting Pokemon in the tier. Clear smog can be used to stop the opposition setting up on weezing, flamethrower to check steel types and taunt to stop steelix from getting free rocks. Rocky helmet is a better choice for weezing because weezing item almost always gets knocked off so rocky helmet may as well be used to break sawk's sturdy also klinklang will take 1/3 health from attacking into weezing. Weezing is used to lure in psychics which you can then double into aurorus and get a kill helping Sawk's late game sweep.

Cradily @ Chople Berry
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Okay so i know this set looks like the worst thing you've ever seen in your life but this provides a electric resist, rocks, some sort of special wall. Chople berry and EQ are so i dont get 6-0'd by combusken and it can live any CC and get up rocks if really desperate.

Ultimately the trick to using this team is getting off as many specs blizzards as possible

Success with this team:
This team got me to number 1 one two accounts http://i.imgur.com/bnxKvFh.png
Also won me week 4 of the NU ladder tournament and the first round of Round Robin http://imgur.com/0fLkwTL

Threatlist:
Special Combusken can be a threat if Cradily has fainted and they hit their focus blasts
Piloswine can be annoying if not played correctly

Random scarf pokemon

Team:
no switch ins (Aurorus) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Warning
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Sawk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Cradily @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Xatu @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Giga Drain
- Signal Beam
- Heat Wave

Last edited:
Roost over giga drain on xatu, the reliable recovery is more important than hitting rhydon. And as for the rhydon problem, weezing is overloaded between checking nor als flyers fighters sceptile and rhydon. I suggest torterra>cradily or running physically defensive cradily. Also remove slash rock slide, scarf sawk is already weak in comparison to band, rock slide only makes it worse

Torterra @ leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 128 Hp / 252 Atk / 128 Def

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.
K,let me start. Aurorus is definitely my favourite wallbreaker in NU as well. That thing reks anything whenever it comes in, its nice ability to summon snow and reduce recovery from Moonlight/synthesis will help your kangaskhan/sawk deal with things like vileplume and stuff easyer , as wel as blizzard will 2KO musharna after Cm. Weezing is defensive pivot for your team and rocky helmet helps you weaken opponent+while snow weakens it even more. Sawk is a nice late game sweeper with added scarf, so predicting with it must be careful.One major weakness was Combusken, but Cradily with chople berry and EQ will somehow deal with it. Fun team to use,ngl.

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I have two things that might be worth trying out. First of all, I would suggest changing Cradily to a Steelix as it gives the team a better normal resist so that weezing can actually check fighting types without getting worn down too quickly. My second suggestion would be to drop taunt on weezing for toxic spikes. Between hard hitters like Sawk and Aurorus and mind games with Xatu you definitely have ways to play around Steelix in particular. The main reason for this suggestion however, is because it allows you to not only check Combusken a bit better, but the residual damage really helps to weaken things so that Sawk and Kanga have an easier time breaking the opponents team. If you decide to make that change, then I also recommend you switch Rocky Helmet for Black Sludge. Between Hail damage and toxic spikes damage racking up you will definitely be doing enough residual damage so the recovery every turn might be more beneficial.
Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Clear Smog
- Flamethrower

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic

Congrats on the peak and good luck in NLT bro

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Aurorus / Sawk / Kanga / Xatu / Weezing / Cradily

Hey BHP, congratulations on the peak, but there are a few change I would change
  • I am gong to suggest a few small move changes: Roost over Signal Beam on Xatu. I feel that you don't really need Signal Beam, as you already have a very solid Malamar answer in Taunt Weezing, and Roost gives you a bit more longevity so you aren't as easily worn down by things like Sludge Bomb, Rocks, and Scald which can all add up very quickly.
  • I would also give Weezing 120 Speed over Max Defense, as with that speed you outspeed Malamar and beat it every time with Taunt. Also I would recommend Black Sludge over Rocky Helmet, as without Pain Split Weezing is worn down very easily by chip damage and isn't a reliable answer to things like Steelix long term, which can be a problem to your team.
  • I also see a weakness to water types, specifically Special Samurott which can get a kill basically every time it comes it safely. While you might have Cradily, Cradily without a Grass move is not threatening to any water types. That is why I would also change Cradily with Giga Drain over Rock Slide, Earth Power over Earthquake, and Leftovers over Chople Berry. Without a Chople Berry you still live one Focus Blast and can retaliate back with a Earth Power, and Chople wasn't letting you switch in anyway since Cradily is still 2HKOd. Giga Drain actually allows you to hit Grass Types like Samurott, and Earth Power hits Steelix for more damage.
  • The final change I would make is making Sawk Safety Goggles over Choice Scarf and Sturdy over Mold Breaker. With this change you actually have a check to most things with Sturdy, and with Safety Goggles you can keep it intact through Hail and switch in on things like Lilligant as well. You already have a nice revenge killer in Kangaskhan, as mostly everything that resists the combination of Fake Out + Double-Edge is slower than Sawk anyway so you can still revenge kill whatever Kangaskhan can't.
Overall really cool team and good luck in the future rounds of NLT n_n

Xatu @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Giga Drain
- Roost
- Heat Wave

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Cradily @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Giga Drain

Sawk @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt

Updated Importable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)