• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
~*~The Smogon Weekly Spriting Contest~*~
Because random symbols can make anything look better

Officially approved by Firestorm and Doomsday

Welcome one, welcome all to the one and only Smogon WSC! A Spiritng Contest (And Possibly an Art Contest if we can be bothered to make one) for all you aspiring digital artists to compete and improve your abilities.
Last week

The Rules

~ All Smogon Forum Rules Apply, this is a bit obvious.

~ Absolutely no stealing. If you are found stealing, you will be disqualified from the current WSC after one instance of stealing, and completely banned from the WSC after two instances.

~ The theme is there for a reason, all entires that don't follow the theme will be turned down.

~ Do not ask when the next contest/poll will be out.

~ Not a rule, merely a suggestion, try to keep it with the size limit of the sprite (56x56 for the First Generation Style, 64x64 for the Second and Third Generation Styles, and 80x80 for the Fourth Generation Style). Also, try to keep the background transparent.

~Judge Only Rule: Judges may enter, but may not nominate their own entry for victory.

Other nonsense:

The deadline is September 10, 2009. You have seven (7) days to get your entry in. After the deadline, judges will pick finalists, and a poll will be started over the course of 2-3 days to decide the winner.

Prizes:
An inclusion in the Hall of Fame, and after 1, 2, 3, or 4 wins, you will get a medal, ribbon, or trophy.

Theme: Generator Challenge #1
Theme Suggester: Mordock
Description: I will generate 3 sprites, in which you must fuse, you can fuse 2 of the three if you want

This weeks sprites:

And that's it, be sure to follow the rules, try your best, and have fun!

The Spriting Hall of Fame!

Welcome to the Hall of Fame, where the talented spriters who won the Smogon Weekly Spriting Contests will be showcased!

Past winners and their awards (trophies, medals, etc):

Code:
[COLOR=Red][SIZE=4][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Here will be the past winners of the Smogon WSCs, and which contest(s) they won, along with their
accumulative medal/trophy (1 win is gold medal, 2 is bronze trophy, 3 is silver trophy, 4+ is gold trophy).
Being runner-up multiple times does not advance your medal/trophy to the next stage - you just get pretty silver medals :).
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][SIZE=4][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Darthvader317 - Won Week(s) 1 - Runner-up Week(s) 2 -  [IMG]http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs47/f/2009/250/e/6/Smeargle_Gold_Medal_by_Teh133ness.png[/IMG][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2] [IMG]http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs23/f/2009/250/5/6/Smeargle_Silver_Medal_by_Teh133ness.png[/IMG][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Agaki - Won Week(s) 2 - Runner-up Week(s) 1 -[IMG]http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs47/f/2009/250/e/6/Smeargle_Gold_Medal_by_Teh133ness.png[/IMG] [COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][IMG]http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs23/f/2009/250/5/6/Smeargle_Silver_Medal_by_Teh133ness.png[/IMG][/SIZE][/COLOR]
By week:

Week 1 - Retypes|1st Gen Types Only

Winner: Darthvader317
Sprite:

Details: It was very hard for us to choose a winner for this week's contest (which is why we're switching to a poll from judges). There were many creative and well done entries. It was close, but Darthvader managed to nab this week's winning spot! Congratulations!

Runner-up: Agaki
Sprite:

Details: This was very close, although Darthvader managed to take first, Agaki gave him a run for his money and managed to nab this week's runner-up spot! Congratulations!

Honorable mentions:

Most humorous - Lord Jessus
Sprite:

Details: Lol we all had a good laugh when we saw this. It was pretty obvious who was going to win this one (although needless to say we all had a good laugh at 1337's pirate bar fight Clefable xD).

Most original - TVboyCanti
Sprite:

Details: TVboy did an amazing job this week, his rock type Suicune was incredibly well done and original. For that, we had to give him the most original honorable mention.

Week 2 - Winter

Winner: Agaki
Sprite:

Details: By four votes, Agaki took week 2 home with his Blissey covered in snow! It wasn't even hard to choose him for the top 5, his entry stood out quite a bit to the judges, and evidently with voters.

Congratulations!

Runner-up: Darthvader317
Sprite:

Details: Although Agaki nabbed first place, Darthvader secured runner-up with his Scizor stuck in a snowstorm! The pose suits it very well - another fine entry accompanying the others.

Congratulations!

Honorable mentions:

Most humorous - Hyrbid99
Sprite:

Details: It was pretty hard to choose most humorous this week, but Hybrid managed to take the cake with his Ox Camerupt. Lol.

Congratulations!

Most original - Pink
Sprite:

Details: Pink's scratched ice dragon is simply incredible. He is well deserving of the Most Original honourable mention this week.

Congratulations!

Week 3 - Sprite Generator Challenge

To be announced

Ok, Muhaha. Sprite finished. Ok, no more reserving for me.

Since so far I am the only person using Dustox as a base, here it is.

DUSTFERO
It was created by an evil scientist high in the mountains. The scientist was intent on crossing MEWTWO, GROUDON, and RAYQUAZA to create a super-Pokemon, but accidentally used the wrong DNA samples and crossed DUSTOX, MONFERNO, and SEALEO, thus creating DUSTFERO.

Okay, point taken about reserving. I won't do it anymore.

Adding in my I-have-no-idea-what-this-is.

I tried to take a different approach than everyone else, because there's only so much you can do with these sprites.
May I add that the generator pulled three of the shittiest sprites humanly possible out of its ass? Monferno in particular...

What's the point of reserving... Seriously... It's not like the higher your post is the better you'll score.

It's just pc++ because then you need to post to say that you edited your final entry in.

question: do we use all three, two out of the three, one of them with something else, or what? and what does a poll have to do with week 2's winners? do we pick?

These sprites will be kind of hard to fuse :( But whatever, blame the god-cursed sprite generator.

Reserved for if I can work through this spriter's block.

Wombat - you can fuse the 3 given, or two of the three given. You may only use the sprites generated.

As for the poll, we have nominated the top 5 entries from week 2 and will edit a poll in this thread, and leave it open for two (2) days. That is how we will decide the winner/runner-up. Anyone can vote. Currently I'm just awaiting the nominations from the judges.

My entry at the moment. Originally Dustox was thrown in there as well but I decided this was better than the version with Dustox.

reserving my spot....

I also have a question, can we use the plat sprites ? Monoferno is the only one with a different pose so I was wondering....

EDIT: I had the same idea as Atyroki's entry >_>

this is gonna be kinda hard,ah well reserving.

EDIT:options were quite limited but heres my WSC entry:

monfertox,its said to live into the top of the trees,it lost its arms in the process of evoloution long ago.

EDIT2:i have made a terrible mistake as mentioned below as it was rushed abit.so i made a silghty better monfertox.

this is gonna be kinda hard,ah well reserving.

EDIT:options were quite limited but heres my WSC entry:

monfertox,its said to live into the top of the trees,it lost its arms in the process of evoloution long ago.
The outlines are being removed from your sprites because your copying them into a program and then removing the black instead of saving them to your computer and opening them. Surely you can see the the outlines are missing and your sprite is full of white specks?

actually, that wouldn't have caused the problem Canti (Unless they were using photoshop and had the tolerance higher than 0, which you shouldn't if you're spriting) as I copy/pasted the sprites into paint and there were no issues for me.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just as a point, it might be nice if you post last weeks "Finalists" so we don't have to go find the last week, then come back and vote. Might get a fusion in here aswell.

EDIT: Forget the 'it might be nice' I've just trawled through the other thread and I can't remember who's done what or who's a finalist and whatnot.

EDIT2: Thanks Mordock :D
Trying to be original here:
Then again there isn't much you can do with those sprites <.<

well here's mine

back up story : this legendary warrior thanks his power to his mask that has 3 powersources : the horns and the middle . When he removes his mask contained energy will be released and he will be stronger then everyone but he loses his free will and turns to madness . his spear is said to be developed by the ancient greek gods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)