Smogon Premier League VIII - Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanna play whatever tier I want, and it is also our manager's decisions to put wherever Poek and me feel comfortable.
tbh idc what this salty Hack uber Co-Leader commented on me. At least, he did not dare to try OU in SPL, all he did was shitting my teams and teammates.
Also, you seem to be very familiar with 1300 ladder, so I really look forward to playing you out of respect. BLESS UP n_n

So basically my point was SPL team managers can put their players wherever they want, which is the amazing part of this tour.
So why do you people outside our team or even not in SPL judging val and teal's arrangement?
where did he shittalk your team or teammates? all he did was say you had a disappointing performance which is a view shared by much of the ubers community. you shouldn't really be talking about ladder, apparently this is how you act when you lose against one of the most respected players in the community. I don't think you understand how SPL works, being one of the most prestigious public tournaments means there is going to be discussion, there is going to be judgment, as Hack said, get over it.

Also according to this your success can basically be attributed to being helped by a permabanned user soooo
http://imgur.com/a/zobTW

tldr don't make personal attacks in response to an impersonal criticism. it's uncalled for and just sounds bitchy.

e: to anyone who thinks that players outside of SPL don't have a say in the matter just know this: you dont need to be a chef to know when food tastes like shit

Last edited:
where did he shittalk your team or teammates? all he did was say you had a disappointing performance which is a view shared by much of the ubers community. you shouldn't really be talking about ladder, apparently this is how you act when you lose against one of the most respected players in the community. I don't think you understand how SPL works, being one of the most prestigious public tournaments means there is going to be discussion, there is going to be judgment, as Hack said, get over it.

Also according to this your success can basically be attributed to being helped by a permabanned user soooo
http://imgur.com/a/zobTW

e: to anyone who thinks that players outside of SPL don't have a say in the matter just know this: you dont need to be a chef to know when food tastes like shit
I understand and agree with the “everyone is open to being judged” part of your post, but most of the remainder is downright idiotic. You're actually undermining Hack's post more than reinforcing it by throwing a bunch of stupid personal shit into the equation.

Let’s start with your ladder replay. Here’s what I see: player 1 (the respected one, supposedly) condescends on player 2 multiple times, leading to a short exchange after which player 2 says “die bitch.” Shocking. It’s clear to anyone unbiased that this a fairly normal ladder exchange in which neither player acts significantly worse than the other.

Next, you have this brilliant log that shows somebody (I don’t even know whom, but it doesn’t matter) claiming to help psychicmewtwo preceded by a claim that his “success can basically be attributed” to this person. I shouldn’t have to point out to you why this is stupid, but I guess it has to be done. You clearly have no idea if and/or how and/or how much this person actually helped psychicmewtwo, and you clearly have no idea what playing a game of pokemon entails if you think help in preparation is enough for one to “basically attribute” one’s success to someone else. I hope, for your sake, that you're just bullshitting and this log didn't actually lead you to this conclusion.

You've also managed to top this off with what might be the poorest analogy I’ve ever laid eyes on. Is an SPL game a commercial product created for the purpose of being accessible to and understandable by literally everyone? No. Does it take a good surgeon to evaluate one’s surgical technique? Yes. Does it take a good lawyer to evaluate whether a case was argued optimally (or even adequately)? Yes. Does it take a good player to determine if someone played well? Absolutely. Unless, of course, you’re making ill-informed judgments or swallowing the opinions of others without thinking. I’m sure, however, that the great Dominatio would never dream of doing such things.

Let’s recap: guy who nobody has absolutely no stake or relevance in the tournament community comes in and attacks a player with a bunch of groupthink opinions and shitty anecdotes to back them up, topping it all off with the implications that a) he doesn’t know much about the game and b) he doesn’t actually need to know anything about the game to judge the quality of an spl game, because game quality is simply obvious to anyone that walks in the door. Good looks breh.

Obviously you’re free to make a fool of yourself if you'd like, but try to give people good reasons to value your opinion if you’re going to post it. These could include:
  • anecdotes that actually give people reason to agree with you instead of exposing that you need to reach to the stars and back (for personal dirt, no less) to justify your disdain for someone
  • some sort of establishment or influence in the tournament community
You have neither. Look around. There’s a reason people like you don’t make posts like yours in threads like this one.

damn that's an excellent essay, sadly it doesn't answer the prompt. truly amazing how much you can infer from a response to someone's self-assured and misguided callout of a tier leader
it's late as fuck so w.e but you're entitled to your opinion, i have nothing personal against you nor psychmew2

You've also managed to top this off with what might be the poorest analogy I’ve ever laid eyes on. Is an SPL game a commercial product created for the purpose of being accessible to and understandable by literally everyone? No. Does it take a good surgeon to evaluate one’s surgical technique? Yes. Does it take a good lawyer to evaluate whether a case was argued optimally (or even adequately)? Yes. Does it take a good player to determine if someone played well? Absolutely. Unless, of course, you’re making ill-informed judgments or swallowing the opinions of others without thinking. I’m sure, however, that the great Dominatio would never dream of doing such things.

It was a good game and I don't need anyone to speak for me otherwise, lets all just fucking chill and enjoy the upcoming SPL Sunday.
I didn't say anything in the battle because I was mostly annoyed by the game and would be stupid to involve my friend Star in that so Val just stay quiet and let me speak for my match.
And to you others I get you all don't need nor want to get along but can't you at least prevent this super toxic and hostile atmosphere in SPL which is supposed to be a fun tour ok???

GG Star glad you could nab a win, even if it was under lucky circumstances and against me :p :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)