Smogon Fantasy Basketball '12-'13

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Started off the draft strong only to draft weak players (Boozer, Lin) due to a lack of focus. GGs yalls.
It's hard not to start strong with the number one overall pick! Also you picked Mo Williams really early too lol.

Well since everyone is recruiting poeple for their leagues...
I've actually got a 12 team league on ESPN that I that i need to potentially fill 2 more slots. It's standard h2h points league

Who made that whack ass offer to me for LeBron? If you want LeBron you better give me two top 20 players ~_~

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
So I'm in a 20 man roto league with friends that drafts tomorrow, and I have no idea how to approach it
:/ guessing the same as a regular draft but that stuff like assists are at a premium cause of how deep the league is.

Stallion

Tree Young
I decided to draft in a 10 team public league on a whim, and these guys in the league were talking trash saying that I didn't draft that well, especially about Marcin Gortat (despite the fact that I was leading the league in projected points per cat). Here's my team. Keep in mind that I thought I was drafting for roto the whole time haha whoops, it still turned out quite balanced though. Thoughts?

I think I'm gonna win it lol.

Dude that's a pretty fucking godly team right there. How the fuck did you score Gortat AND Horford? And D-Will AND Lawson? WTF!? Are those guys complete idiots or what?
Only thing is you might not want both Matthews and Batum, seeing as they play the same position on the same team. Don't really need either as a handcuff.
And nice bench steals in Kidd-Gilchrist and Valanciunas

And byrne, did you want a trade for Bryant or not? I thought Paul Millsap was a fair trade. If anything you come out ahead based on draft position. 2nd pick for 2nd pick.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Went the injured player route in an 8 team league where everyone makes the playoffs. My roster is Dirk, Love, Rose, Bynum, Staudamire, Brand, Mayo, Nash, Terry, Ariza, Collison, Kirelenko, Ilyasova, Johnson, Vucevic, Glenn Davis.

team harden the paint 4

edit: probably gonna move horford to C over harrington but yeah. i think i did pretty well. a lot of people drafted injured players which is understandable.

Stallion

Tree Young
Dude that's a pretty fucking godly team right there. How the fuck did you score Gortat AND Horford? And D-Will AND Lawson? WTF!? Are those guys complete idiots or what?
Only thing is you might not want both Matthews and Batum, seeing as they play the same position on the same team. Don't really need either as a handcuff.
And nice bench steals in Kidd-Gilchrist and Valanciunas

And byrne, did you want a trade for Bryant or not? I thought Paul Millsap was a fair trade. If anything you come out ahead based on draft position. 2nd pick for 2nd pick.
D will 8th, Lawson 12th, Horford late third somehow (no clue how he lasted) and Gortat early 4th. Also Matthews is starting at SG and Batum at SF so they should both receive plenty of mins. Just completed my 18 team draft btw, it's a standard 9 Cat Roto league. The team is as follows:

Pretty happy with everything with the exception of assists.

Oh shit I see. Well that's unexpected. Guess there's more on the line for each pick needing to produce every game. That was a masterful draft order you pulled off in order to get Jefferson, Ibaka AND Lowry, so nicely played. I am curious at your inclusion of Mullens though. He wasn't exactly productive last season and looks to be giving up major minutes to Brendan Haywood and Biyombo. I think I'd take someone like Boris Diaw (and his boobs) instead.

Stallion

Tree Young
Oh shit I see. Well that's unexpected. Guess there's more on the line for each pick needing to produce every game. That was a masterful draft order you pulled off in order to get Jefferson, Ibaka AND Lowry, so nicely played. I am curious at your inclusion of Mullens though. He wasn't exactly productive last season and looks to be giving up major minutes to Brendan Haywood and Biyombo. I think I'd take someone like Boris Diaw (and his boobs) instead.
Thanks man, I had the 16th pick so I had to be smart early on. When I picked Ibaka, Marc Gasol and Horford were still on the board but I thought that his upside combined with his ability to almost win blocks on his own was too hard to resist. With Mullens, there are three reasons I picked him. Firstly is that he's projected to be the starting PF. Secondly is that due to the Bobcats offensive ineptitude, he could be a sneaky bet to score quite a few points - always handy in such a deep league. Lastly and perhaps most importantly is the ridiculous rate he has hit threes in the preseason. I know the games don't count but the shooting stroke is legit, I could be looking at fantasy's next Ryan Anderson!

Ok I have 1 spot I desperately need to fill by 7PM this evening. It's a standard h2h points scoring, 12 team league. A lot of the people are noobs so take that into consideration. If anyone is interested, please post something here or PM me and I'll get you an invite. It's ESPN league, so the team has to be confirmed before drafting starts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)