CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I think the majority of these votes are not random. As I tallied everything up, I saw huge correlations in votes. Obviously, there are a few exceptions, but in most cases, they were very much alike. For instance, Gothic Togekiss, we were voted all over the map. However, a *huge* amount of people voted for us back-to-back. When you were first, I was second. When I was sixth, you were seventh. When you were fourth, I was fifth.

I noticed that on page 2 and 3, specifically, we were almost always right next to each other.
I find it to be somewhat distubing everytime I look over everyones vote and see that xD. I'm assuming it has to do with the simliars of our spread.

And the recent votes are also not random. They are the exact vote totals backwards. In other words, they voted for their favorite, and then anti-voted the rest. It is cheap, I agree -- and, again, I think a regular poll (with two to three options) would have been better to avoid this. But, it still isn't random.
Hm..still feel a bit annoyed by it but that else it isn't random as all hell and people aren't attack others for personal reasons. I personally didn't see the whole reverse voting thing happend until maybe the two recent votes.

In fact, with the exception of the recent two votes of "anti-voting," your vote actually has our two spreads the farthest apart of any vote, =p.
The main reason why that occur was because I was trying to space you and me apart since everyone think we're room-mates or something lol.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Eh, I didn't really want to go along with the whole "balanced defenses" thing because that's usually code for "I don't want this to have any inherent weaknesses." It usually gets gamed up so that the pokemon has the same defensive prowess of Mew/Celebi/Manafi, while sacrificing an unwanted attack in a Skarmory or Weavile-esque fashion in order to reach high-tiered attack with a 500+ BST.

To me "Balanced defenses" on a Swampert or Dusknoir level is basically a cop out. Why make your pokemon unique when you just want it to be an unbeatable competitive battling skeleton? It's kind of like in writing where you make a Mary Sue, a character so perfect and so excellent that it makes any semblance of humanity dissapear.

'Balanced defenses' doesn't been 'good defenses'. It means it dies from special attacks about the same way it does from physical attacks. Like Shedinja.

And I hate Mary Sues I hope Minerva dies or turns evil or something because she ruined the Artemis Fowl series.

1. futuresuperstar
  2. Gothic Togekiss
  3. Rhykune
  4. Deck Knight
  5. sanjay120
  6. DougJustDoug
  7. Lord_Sunday
  8. KingofAnime-KoA
  9. eric the espeon

1.) FutureSuperStar
2.) sanjay120
3.) Rhykune
4.) DougJustDoug
5.) Gothic Togekiss
6.) KingofAnime
7.) eric the espeon
8.) Lord_Sunday
9.) Deck Knight

I love FSS's spread, and the explanation was just phenomenal. sanjay's also appeals to me, if for no other reason than it is different and looks like a good SubPuncher. I also quite liked Rhykune's, and the rest are just me listing off the others because I have to (although I will be far from disappointed if DJD or GT's wins, they're both great, too).

Ok, I decided to do an update up to and including TheArrow2's vote... The suspense is killing me:

Futuresuperstar = 164
Rhykune = 166
Gothic Togekiss = 179
Sanjay120 = 195
Deck Knight = 196
King of Anime (KOA)= 204
DougJustDoug = 208
Eric The Espeon = 216
Lord Sunday = 223

Damn this is tight. Me, FutureSuperStar and Gothic Togekiss are slowly pulling ahead, and I am two votes off first.

1- KingOfAnime-KoA
2- Gothic Togekiss
3- Rhykune
4- Future Superstar
5- Deck Knight
6- Sanjay120
7- Eric The Espeon
8- DougJustDoug
9- Lord Sunday

Okay, this turned out okay. People besides us are actually voting. I was afraid this method would be too confusing when you guys didn't understand it.

I don't like the fact that people are counter voting though. It kind of defeats the purpose of voting this way.

That was the one thing I noticed. Someone votes somebody #1 so the next person votes same person #9.

It might have worked better just doing the top 3.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah, top 3 would probably work out better. Something to consider on the next pokemon. I think rank-based voting has been a successful experiment. For stats, this is definitely the way to go.

Yeah, without the counter voting I would be owning everybody. As it is, I am down by one. I agree that a 2 round clicky poll where you select 3 or something would be better, but this wasn't too bad.

Yeah, I agree with Rhykune. If you go by sheer #1s, Rhykune would be winning, and I believe that I would be in second. Again, this wasn't too bad, just something to consider for the future.

Futuresuperstar = 168
Rhykune = 169
Gothic Togekiss = 181
Sanjay120 = 201
Deck Knight = 201
King of Anime (KOA)= 205
DougJustDoug = 216
Eric The Espeon = 223
Lord Sunday = 232
Updating score, like it was needed but whatever. FFS amd Rhykune are fucking neck and neck O_o

Gothic Togekiss
Rhykune
futuresuperstar
sanjay120
DougJustDoug
Deck Knight
eric the espeon
Lord_Sunday

i can't really decide between the top two. Plus i believe this is a much better way to decide on base stats, congrats.

Also has anybody considered possible abilities yet.

Haven't posted in a while, but I followed this thing from the beginning. Let's see.

1: Gothic Togekiss
2: KingofAnime-KOA
3: Deck Knight
4: Lord_Sunday
5: DougJustDoug
6: sanjay120
7: eric the espeon
8: futuresuperstar
9: Rhykune

Just so you know, I didn't put fss and Rhy at the bottom to counter vote. Higher Physical Defense was my priority, so yeah.

Props for everyone who made one though, great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)