Smeargle's Studio General Thread: Spriting and Banners go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
*Alarm Bells Go Wild*

You've saved those as JPEG images, which has seriously dropped the quality of the sprites.
When Saving, fo to Save As.... then where it says 'Filetype' Select PNG.
This leaves the images without any blurr. Unfortunately, this can't be reversed.

The sprites themselves are good, particularly the First one, but the second still has the black border, which ruins the effect completely (The border should be the same as the border on the actual Espeon sprite.)

someone should make a huge, updatable database With fusion sprites. You could search one or two pokemon and it would pull up any sprites in which that sprite occured. It wouldn't even have to be affiliaated with Smogon.

Could I get a avatar with a shiny Metagross and the name GeN (with a shiny metagross or if you can't a shiny regice) and a banner that says sharky_14- (with a shiny mew)

Average sized request, take your time, thanks in advance.
Sure thing, I'll get cracking on the Metagross soon.

EDIT: This the sorta thing you wanted? I could make it more "manly" if you like?

Nicely done Mr Crashers.
I've also made a simple Recolour of Cyrus' overworld sprites. It's supposed to be what he looks like after spending too long in the distortion world.

Reposted the other one since its at the very bottom of the previous page.
Any thoughts on either?
edit: added Wes from Pokemon Colosseum
Ohh Wes!<33
He's so cool. Never thought that anyone would do make an overworld sprite of im. xD It's awesome!
Also you made Brendan cool, too! Though don't he need shadows on the white part of his hat? (I believe the white thing isn't his hair.)

Also you made Brendan cool, too! Though don't he need shadows on the white part of his hat? (I believe the white thing isn't his hair.)
You're right it's not hair...
I'm not sure about the shadows. The head is actually a trimmed down version of Koga's head, in fact all I did was give him a hircut, change some colours and add the bandanna (although I plan to make his head less round), and his hair didn't have a shadow, so...

Crobat in Skarmory colors. Pretty tricky since they have completely different wing structures. Comments? :)

PS: someone gave an advice to save sprites as PNG to improve quality. How do you do that? :/

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@Kingdra22

If you're working on your sprite in say, MS Paint, you can go File --> Save As --> From the Save as Type dropdown list select PNG --> Save and then your sprite should be in PNG form.

hey everyone!
Im just letting people know that I am offering a service-making free sprite GIFS.
My current avatar is an example of my work.
They can be used as avatars or anything else. Just PM or quote me here along with a request. (Kep it basic, like a chimchar using flame wheel, or a smeargle painting your username.) All sprites by Josh R at the Spriters Resource unless otherwise noted.

P.S. I have a question. How do you save a GIF as a loop?
SHAMELESS PLUG

simple ones are free but if you want something complex like a teamshot something tangible (a credit?) would be nice.

Here's a rough attempt of a pixel over.

Any thoughts?

It's a start. Funny you should do a Scizor pixel-over for the Sugimori art, since I recently did one for the Amethyst project. Right now, the biggest issue is the outline. It's very jagged and uneven. The best way to fix outlines is to just move around a few pixels at a time, zooming out to see if it looks better.

Good luck. :D

Edit: On closer inspection, there are some randomly colored pixels around some of the outlines where antialiasing is peeking through. That's a no-no. :P

A quick sprite I threw together, not brilliant but oh well.

The recolouring was awful, so I decided to recolour Electivire's arms rather than Dusknoir's body.

My first fusion. I used Shiny Charizard for the wings and Houndoom for the shading. The came from Gengar. They were red but i don't know what happened. Comments, please? :)

Daniel, can you do something similar to above but make it blue and underwater themed with the word sharky_14-
I still have the project files if you would like me to make a different version, don't be shy if you don't like it. =] I could also get it resized if you need. EDIT: Here is an alternate, tried to make it look like it was underwater. One more alternate, this took me a while to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)