Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Would probably be long-winded to go in-depth on what the meta looks like but I would say looking at the viability ranking is a good start, essentially more threats compared to Pre-HOME
Thank you!

Does anyone know if Mimikyu is a good replacement in place of Flutter Mane since it’s been moved to Uber? (As, you can see it’s been awhile since I’ve been on lol).

I would think so since they share the same typing and there are OU strategies involving it

Melt Gibson

crude sorcery at best
is a Forum Moderator
Thank you!

Does anyone know if Mimikyu is a good replacement in place of Flutter Mane since it’s been moved to Uber? (As, you can see it’s been awhile since I’ve been on lol).

I would think so since they share the same typing and there are OU strategies involving it
ur comparing apples and oranges here, although they share the same typing they do two completely different things! flutter mane just wants to come in, click buttons, and kill things, while mimikyu is more of a setup sweeper :) hope this helps!

What are the notable pros and cons of offensive Cinderace and would you argue that its strictly worse than a more bulkier pivot set?

What are the notable pros and cons of offensive Cinderace and would you argue that its strictly worse than a more bulkier pivot set?
pros: bigger damage
cons: less bulk

…I jest, but in all seriousness they are playing different roles. Offensive Cinderace is a decent physically offensive fast pivot, though defensive cinderace fills a bit more of a unique niche in this meta.

Offensive Cinderace is a decent physically offensive fast pivot, though defensive cinderace fills a bit more of a unique niche in this meta.
The defensive set is better if your team needs help switching into fairy types and is a better counter to non tera fire king gambit

Are there good options for offensive pivot role other than Cinderace?
Well firstly usually teams, even BO teams, don't need defensive and offensive pivots, and Glowking is the premier pivot in the tier with corv and Lando also doing well. But aside from that, you have Specs Pult, Zapdos, Sandy Shocks, and Washtom as the main offensively oriented pivots in the tier. I sometimes also see banded roaring moon, though it has fallen out of favor as of late.

Currently in a team building rut. Where do I go to see and utilize example teams? I wanna get the hang of bulky offense.

Also been enjoying Eject button Arboliva, Ursa and CM Hatterene, what would be a good partner for that trio?

Currently in a team building rut. Where do I go to see and utilize example teams? I wanna get the hang of bulky offense.

Also been enjoying Eject button Arboliva, Ursa and CM Hatterene, what would be a good partner for that trio?
King Gambit is really good right now and gets grass knot apparently which could be fun with grassy terrain, iron hands is also fairly good and maybe AV glowking. They all also enjoy grassy terrain being up to reduce eq power.

Hello!
Could someone give me a good trick room set for cresselia? I'm not sure about the Nature and Evs. And the speed IV should be as low as possible I suppose?
Thanks!

Hello!
Could someone give me a good trick room set for cresselia? I'm not sure about the Nature and Evs. And the speed IV should be as low as possible I suppose?
Thanks!
Cresselia (F) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Lunar Dance
- Moonblast
- Psyshock

Kind of basic but should work. You can also but more into defenses if you want but cresselia is so naturally bulky it doesn't necessarily need it.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello!
Thanks!
:cresselia:
Cresselia @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Trick Room
- Lunar Dance

something like this can also work, but the mental herb is also a nice add.

:cresselia:
Cresselia @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Trick Room
- Lunar Dance

something like this can also work, but the mental herb is also a nice add.
Thanks! Why the calm Nature? Wouldn't a nature that lowers the speed make more sense here?

I want to know more about the "bulk" command in chat. I know there's a command in chat to know the bulk of X pokémon, but IDK how to use it, and neither seems to do most people apparently because they're unable to adjust stuff like levels or natures.

awyp

is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is Hawlucha still decent enough to Hawlucha all over the tier with the help of a Grassy Seed?
Hawlucha is extremely viable because of how its a matchup fish against Tusk, so it sets up in its face.

Where can I find out what dlc mons might be potentially returning?
I think because it isn't official we can't speak on it. But if you're interested just here

Hawlucha is extremely viable because of how its a matchup fish against Tusk, so it sets up in its face.

I think because it isn't official we can't speak on it. But if you're interested just here
That's not a lot of returning pokemon. Are they sure it's final? Seems weird if there really won't be legendaries returning. Usually they always came all back, didn't they?

awyp

That's not a lot of returning pokemon. Are they sure it's final? Seems weird if there really won't be legendaries returning. Usually they always came all back, didn't they?
Nothing is official, so there might be more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)