Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
if anyone has a lv 100 timid articuno, that would be swell; ivs are inconsequential, as i have a few bottle caps.

i have a decent amount to trade for it, included some ready-to-train babbies! hmu if interested

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
LF: NA GameStop Lycanroc serial code.

FT: a BP or Shiny BP. I can do most BPs, but ask to make sure I can breed it first. If you ask for a shiny BP, keep in mind the egg will be male (if 50/50 gender ratio) and will have an Attack IV of 6.

Edit: I also can offer other stuff besides BPs; don't be shy to ask.
Le bump

I managed to SR a ~5, 31, ~6, 31, 31, ~10 adamant Solgaleo in a lux ball. Should i can it for higher defense stats or just HT the lower ones?

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I managed to SR a ~5, 31, ~6, 31, 31, ~10 adamant Solgaleo in a lux ball. Should i can it for higher defense stats or just HT the lower ones?
There is very little reason to soft reset for IVs that are as good as possible without Hyper Training now. If people want flawless IVs without HT, they'll RNG. If they don't care about IVs before HT, they'll just make sure the nature is good and that all the IVs that need to be something that's not 31 are in the right, like 0 speed on trick room mons and that they make a good combination of evens and odds for Hidden Power. An Adamant Solgaleo doesn't need any IVs to be less than 31 for it to be perfect. The only thing I can think of which would benefit it is that having 0 in Special Attack to make sure Power split users get as little Sp.A as possible (and on the off chance they make a special version of Foul Play in the future), though that is incredibly niche.
Edit: forgot to conclude that post. Overall, I'd say either Keep and Hyper train, SR for low Sp.A if you're a perfectionist or attempt learning how to RNG so you could more reasonably go for 5IV (-Sp.A). It depends on what you want

There is very little reason to soft reset for IVs that are as good as possible without Hyper Training now. If people want flawless IVs without HT, they'll RNG. If they don't care about IVs before HT, they'll just make sure the nature is good and that all the IVs that need to be something that's not 31 are in the right, like 0 speed on trick room mons and that they make a good combination of evens and odds for Hidden Power. An Adamant Solgaleo doesn't need any IVs to be less than 31 for it to be perfect. The only thing I can think of which would benefit it is that having 0 in Special Attack to make sure Power split users get as little Sp.A as possible (and on the off chance they make a special version of Foul Play in the future), though that is incredibly niche.
Edit: forgot to conclude that post. Overall, I'd say either Keep and Hyper train, SR for low Sp.A if you're a perfectionist or attempt learning how to RNG so you could more reasonably go for 5IV (-Sp.A). It depends on what you want
Thanks for the insight, this is the first game where i've cared about the legendaries, and i had no idea about the power split thing.

if anyone has a lv 100 timid articuno, that would be swell; ivs are inconsequential, as i have a few bottle caps.

i have a decent amount to trade for it, included some ready-to-train babbies! hmu if interested
I do happen to have a Timid Shiny Articuno with 31 6IV I got recently (Gen 4). What do you have?

Would a Defensive, Stealth Rock, Nihilego be viable in BSS? It has a pretty good speed with fantastic defenses (Barring Physical). maybe something along the lines of:
Nihilego @ Rockium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Level: 50
EVs: 172 HP / 244 Def / 92 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Would a Defensive, Stealth Rock, Nihilego be viable in BSS? It has a pretty good speed with fantastic defenses (Barring Physical). maybe something along the lines of:
Nihilego @ Rockium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Level: 50
EVs: 172 HP / 244 Def / 92 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Nope. No matter how much you invest into the physical Defense, 47 base is just pathetic.

Running Bold with no Speed and limited offensive investment also means that Nihilego fails at three of the main niches it has.
Outspeeding and checking Charizard variants + outspeeding and checking Volcarona + outspeeding and revenge killing Garchomp.
It also doesn't help you with the other main things it would be used for like checking Thundurus-T, special Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar.

Nihilego in BSS mostly exist in two variants.

Focus Sash variants with Stealth Rock that can be used as leads when you need to set Stealth Rock or safety nets against teams that don't prioritize setting hazards, which are pretty rare at the moment because Charizard, Salamence and Gyarados are the dominating Megas.

Choice Scarf variants which can revenge kill +1 Charizard variants, +1 Volcarona and Scarf Garchomp and are also used as late game cleaners when you can snowball into a Beast Boost sweep.

Life Orb and Assault Vest are rare niche picks. They both have a far worse Charizard matchup, which is essential in the current BSS metagame.
(Assault Vest Nihilego walls most Mega Charizard Y to hell and back, but it fails hard against Mega Charizard X and therefore can't switch in blindly unless you know your opponent's team.)

Nope. No matter how much you invest into the physical Defense, 47 base is just pathetic.

Running Bold with no Speed and limited offensive investment also means that Nihilego fails at three of the main niches it has.
Outspeeding and checking Charizard variants + outspeeding and checking Volcarona + outspeeding and revenge killing Garchomp.
It also doesn't help you with the other main things it would be used for like checking Thundurus-T, special Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar.

Nihilego in BSS mostly exist in two variants.

Focus Sash variants with Stealth Rock that can be used as leads when you need to set Stealth Rock or safety nets against teams that don't prioritize setting hazards, which are pretty rare at the moment because Charizard, Salamence and Gyarados are the dominating Megas.

Choice Scarf variants which can revenge kill +1 Charizard variants, +1 Volcarona and Scarf Garchomp and are also used as late game cleanres, when you can snowball into a Beast Boost sweep.

Life Orb and Assault Vest are rare niche picks. They both have a far worse Charizard matchup, which is essential in the current BSS metagame.
(Assault Vest Nihilego walls most Mega Charizard Y to hell and back, but it fails hard against Mega Charizard X and therefore can't switch in blindly unless you know your opponent's team.)
I guess that would make sense considering even after the Z boost the defense would come out to ~150, maybe it should be more run like an aerodactyl lead as you were saying with the sash then focusing on damage output. Thanks for the input as you just saved me from a good hour and a half of SR'ing.

I guess that would make sense considering even after the Z boost the defense would come out to ~150, maybe it should be more run like an aerodactyl lead as you were saying with the sash then focusing on damage output. Thanks for the input as you just saved me from a good hour and a half of SR'ing.
A few points I'd like to add.

• Boosting only your defenses is terrible when you waste a turn doing it. Passive boosts like defensive Beast Boost increases or sandstorm buffs can be viable and are used.
  • Boosting only your defenses when you have no way to recover lost HP is completely pointless. (no recovery move, no Leftovers, no Leech Seed, etc...)
  • BSS is a metagame where Perish Song Mega Gengar and OHKO moves are allowed and used. They can and will simply delete your Pokémon, no matter how many defensive boosts it has.
  • 3vs3 is far too offensive as a format for exclusively defensive tactics to be viable. It is won by pivoting into powerful attacks, aggressive switching, punishing every free turn you get and team preview mindgames. Having a Pokémon that just stands around without meaningfully advancing the game is a liability. Even 'Stall teams' in BSS tend to be highly aggressive because most of them rely on Guillotine Gliscor for punishing free turns and misplays. Toxic-stalling opponents with Chansey and Toxapex is mostly the backup plan for the long game.

I don't know if this is the best place for it, but I thought it would be easier if I just did this here, where people are more likely to see it, rather than spend 5-10 minutes creating a new thread.

Long story short, I'm trying to catch all of the Ultra Beasts up to Kartana for the upcoming Competition, and that means Buzzwole.

I want a Naughty Pheromosa, and in exchange, I'm willing to aim for whatever nature that is desired for the extra Buzzwole (I'm guessing Adamant or Jolly, though Impish is applicable for Ubers). I'm also willing to name it desired.

Please note that I am attempting to catch all the Ultra Beasts so that I can catch and train a Kartana for the competition, and am also trying to get a HP Fire Bold Tapu Fini (am in the process of making preparations for that), plus need to train a Vullaby. This will probably be close, so I will likely prefer to make the trade after the competition.

I hope that somebody is interested!

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I am also trying to get a HP Fire Bold Tapu Fini (am in the process of making preparations for that), plus need to train a Vullaby. This will probably be close, so I will likely prefer to make the trade after the competition.
I can give you a spare free copy of the Bold HP Fire Tapu Fini that was given away not too long ago via Smogon's Facebook Giveaway.
You can find more information by clicking here.

Let me know if you're interested!

Hi! Um, super new to this whole site and just trading in general.. I'm in the middle of a Alpha Sapphire play through and was hoping to get a Staryu! I just wrapped up the third gym, so I don't have much to offer, but a Level 22 Gloom. ^_^;

Could anyone help me out?

Anyone have any Sheer Force Totodile's? Preferably Jolly/Adamant, but IV's do not matter. I can trade 4IV spit backs or maybe we can work something else out. Please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)