Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the Shiny Tapu Koko event is locked to have a Timid nature, is there any need to go for a mixed spread to run U-Turn or is the power loss in Atk too much?

Since the Shiny Tapu Koko event is locked to have a Timid nature, is there any need to go for a mixed spread to run U-Turn or is the power loss in Atk too much?
You can go for U-Turn even without a mix spread(whom is pointless anyway when the nature is Timid). While Volt Switch hits harder U-turn compensates the loss of power with accuracy meaning ground type pokemon or electric absorb abilities of pokemon like A-Marowak , Jolteon , Rhyperior etc won't threaten your Koko switching out.
Going by usage stats of moves on PGL(battle spot singles) you have U-Turn in the 4th place with 32.7% usage while Jolly/Naive Natures stand at 6.8%/4.5%.

You can go for U-Turn even without a mix spread(whom is pointless anyway when the nature is Timid). While Volt Switch hits harder U-turn compensates the loss of power with accuracy meaning ground type pokemon or electric absorb abilities of pokemon like A-Marowak , Jolteon , Rhyperior etc won't threaten your Koko switching out.
Going by usage stats of moves on PGL(battle spot singles) you have U-Turn in the 4th place with 32.7% usage while Jolly/Naive Natures stand at 6.8%/4.5%.
I should have clarified further - by mixed I meant a 31 IV in atk vs 0 IV in atk to minimise confusion damage. Judging by stats it looks like U-Turn has more utility than hidden power. Was considering a spread of 30/31/30/31/31/31 to maximise potential of both U-turn and HP Ice (highest usage) if I opt for it over dazzling gleam. Gives me the most options I think.

I should have clarified further - by mixed I meant a 31 IV in atk vs 0 IV in atk to minimise confusion damage. Judging by stats it looks like U-Turn has more utility than hidden power. Was considering a spread of 30/31/30/31/31/31 to maximise potential of both U-turn and HP Ice (highest usage) if I opt for it over dazzling gleam. Gives me the most options I think.
Yeah that spread is the best choice in my opinion too and gives more options as you say.

Could someone trade me two ralts with telepathy. If someone has a charizardite X mega stone you could trade me. You could trade me a pokemon holding one. I don't have anything good to trade sorry.

Should I keep a x/31/31/26-29/31/31 type null with no nature?

Or just spend the next hour and a 1/2 soft resetting?
If by no nature, you mean neutral nature, I'd definitely reset, otherwise, I would probably still reset, with hypertraining perfect IVs aren't super hard to get, and unless you want 0 atk or speed, I'd focus on the nature you want

Last edited:
Hm?

(Found out that Vanilluxe can get the ability "Snow Warning" in Pokemon Sun & Moon)

http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/vanilluxe/

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/584.shtml

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/584.shtml

(Thinking)

Hmmmm...... I wonder.

Curious Question:
If I breed a Vanillite (with the ability "Ice Body") on Pokemon X/Y, then put it in the pokebank, and then put it on Pokemon Sun/Moon, will the ability capsule on Pokemon Sun change its ability to "Snow Warning"?
It should be the case, just like Gengars ability changing from Levitate to Cursed Body in gen 7

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
The way I see it, it's better to go for 0, because if you later find out that 31 in attack for U-Turn is optimal, you can just clone the 0 Attack Koko, Hyper Train the Attack of one of them and leave the other one with untouched 0 Attack. If you go for 31 in Attack, you won't be able to make it act like it's 0 Attack if you find out that's the better spread.

The way I see it, it's better to go for 0, because if you later find out that 31 in attack for U-Turn is optimal, you can just clone the 0 Attack Koko, Hyper Train the Attack of one of them and leave the other one with untouched 0 Attack. If you go for 31 in Attack, you won't be able to make it act like it's 0 Attack if you find out that's the better spread.
Thank you for your input.

I've got a backup save just before collection from the delivery guy, so I can grab more if I decide there are better spreads. Plus I've just started my moon play through so I have the in game Koko to RNG as well.

Not interested in Hyper Training now that I've spent the last few weeks learning how to get what I want without it ;) plus Nintendo being Nintendo will probably get rid of it by Gen 8 XD

You mean Game Freak.

It would would be extremely thoughtless of GF to get rid of Hyper Training after all the time that has to be spent getting pokes to 100 (especially how bad it is to grind pokes above lv. 70 it is this gen) and getting bottle caps.
I can see them taking out the feature (unlikely but possible), but I really doubt they'd get rid of the effects. So you might not be able to hyper train in gen 8, but HT pokemon will keep their "fixed" IVs. Honestly I can't see them dropping it so soon though.

I can see them taking out the feature (unlikely but possible), but I really doubt they'd get rid of the effects. So you might not be able to hyper train in gen 8, but HT pokemon will keep their "fixed" IVs. Honestly I can't see them dropping it so soon though.
They dropped super training like a hot plate j/s.

Take the point about time investment to level 100 though so that might be the saving grace.

We digress however...

Hm?

(Found out that Vanilluxe can get the ability "Snow Warning" in Pokemon Sun & Moon)

http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/vanilluxe/

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/584.shtml

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/584.shtml

(Thinking)

Hmmmm...... I wonder.

Curious Question:
If I breed a Vanillite (with the ability "Ice Body") on Pokemon X/Y, then put it in the pokebank, and then put it on Pokemon Sun/Moon, will the ability capsule on Pokemon Sun change its ability to "Snow Warning"?
Yes. Same with Wingull/Pelliper with Keen Eye, (to Hydration/Drizzle) Torkoal with White Smoke, (to Drought) and Roggenrola/Boldore/Gigalith with Sturdy. (to Weak Armor/Sand Stream
It should be the case, just like Gengars ability changing from Levitate to Cursed Body in gen 7
Not quite. Gengar only has one possible ability, they just changed what ability that was in gen 7. (was Levitate, now Cursed Body) The Ability Capsule would have no effect on Gengar.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Not interested in Hyper Training now that I've spent the last few weeks learning how to get what I want without it ;) plus Nintendo being Nintendo will probably get rid of it by Gen 8 XD
I mean, if neither of the options seem like it'll be objectively more useful than the other aside from the 0 Attack one being flexible enough to allow you to run it both with or without U-Turn for now, why not go for that? Besides, even with the 30/31/30/31/31/31 spread, you'll need to Hyper train for it to be perfect at level 100. Of course, the optimal option is to RNG one with 30/31/30/31/31/31 and then restore the save to do one with 0 Attack, I can't argue with that.

I don't want to make this a continuous discussion of whether Hyper Training is a good thing or whether it'll be a thing in the next games or not, because this isn't really the place for it. So I'll just put my thoughts on the matter in the hide tab below. If you want to continue the discussion, feel free to take it to VMs/PMs. I'll gladly take some time to discuss that, as it's a topic I'm passionate about.
Just wanted to say that even though Super Training and Hyper Training have similar names, they are pretty much the opposites of one-another, so you can't compare the 2.
Super Training was just a mini-game that allowed you to alter your stats in a way that the game already allowed you to alter them. Nothing was possible with Super Training that wasn't possible without it.
Hyper Training on the other hand was not a mini-game, it allows you to change the stats in a completely new way that hasn't been possible before (like allowing 350 Speed Latios with HP fire). They haven't changed how stats work since gen 3. So saying that they'll drop Hyper Training (without adding anything similar to it) would be like saying they'll drop EVs/IVs in favor of something else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)