Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I don't think that Moonlight + Unaware will be a good option, since this is 6VS6 there will be a lot of stall, and everyone and their mother will be prepared against Clefable (whether it is Toxic, cheesy techs, etc) so chances are that you will either lose all your Moonlight PP or be unable to setup due to Toxic after they figure out you have Unaware; so yeah, I think that Magic Guard + Softboiled Clef will be much better in this format, and you should definitely get it Skymin_Flower.
How will you counter Dragon Dancers, though? There're no steel types (aside from Magneton). There are no Pranksters so no priority Will-o-wisp. There's no Choice Scarf so no chance of outspeeding and a minimal of priority moves. Ice Shard's on 2 Gen I Pokémon (Cloyster being the best), Mach Punch and Bullet Punch on Hitmonchan.
Dragonite scares me more than Clefable getting stalled.

body slam mega kangashkan .

Thomaz : while sludge wave is cool on weezing , sludge bomb is better. Weezing is a wall so the 30% chance poison is better than 10% more power . Unless you're the type of person would run a modest LO weezing :P .

No items. So no megas and no Life Orb.

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
How will you counter Dragon Dancers, though? There're no steel types (aside from Magneton). There are no Pranksters so no priority Will-o-wisp. There's no Choice Scarf so no chance of outspeeding and a minimal of priority moves. Ice Shard's on 2 Gen I Pokémon (Cloyster being the best), Mach Punch and Bullet Punch on Hitmonchan.
Dragonite scares me more than Clefable getting stalled.

No items. So no megas and no Life Orb.
Um, in case you didn't know Clefable is inmune to Dragonite's main STAB, and can actually set up on it with either Minimize, Calm Mind or outright cripple it with Thunder Wave, and unless you want to use something cheesy like Iron Tail, Dragonite has no hopes or getting past it whether it is with Unaware or not.

Hey! Not that good at battling, but I'd like to try out the Kanto Classic.
Question is, is it worth running Ninetales to set up sunlight to use another pokemon that benefits from it? I'm thinking probably not, since the sun will only last for 5 turns (no items), so I use one turn to set up, another to switch, another to set up the next mon, which give me 2 turns under sunlight?

Thanks for answers!

Hi guys I want a woobat/swoobat with the HA "Simple". If you want a pokemon just tell me about it. If I have it, i'll give it. If I don't, let's compromise. :)

FC: 3926-7827-4623
Name: Kuro

Hey! Not that good at battling, but I'd like to try out the Kanto Classic.
Question is, is it worth running Ninetales to set up sunlight to use another pokemon that benefits from it? I'm thinking probably not, since the sun will only last for 5 turns (no items), so I use one turn to set up, another to switch, another to set up the next mon, which give me 2 turns under sunlight?

Thanks for answers!
I'd say no, since I've been testing that myself since without heat rock there simply aren't enough sun turns to take advantage of.

I'd really recommend checking out this thread in the battle spot forum dedicated to Kanto Classic discussion and that applies for everyone talking about the Kanto Classic in this thread. One very useful past gen. move for the competition would be extreme speed Dragonite, but it was event exclusive so if anyone has one, it would be helpful. The IVs and nature actually don't matter because it can be obtained in gen vi as an egg move, but the event dragonite is the only possible parent

I'd say no, since I've been testing that myself since without heat rock there simply aren't enough sun turns to take advantage of.

I'd really recommend checking out this thread in the battle spot forum dedicated to Kanto Classic discussion and that applies for everyone talking about the Kanto Classic in this thread. One very useful past gen. move for the competition would be extreme speed Dragonite, but it was event exclusive so if anyone has one, it would be helpful. The IVs and nature actually don't matter because it can be obtained in gen vi as an egg move, but the event dragonite is the only possible parent
Will check out the thread, thanks! :)

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty new here and a friend recommended this website to me.

I'm interested in getting started competitively and trying my hand at RNGing. Would it be possible for anyone to recommend me a member that would be able to help me out with a few pokemon to get started in competitive battling, and/or where I can start learning RNG?

The trade thread seemed pretty confusing to me, as there are quite a few cool things there, but I worry as I can't offer them anything good to trade back. Why are some things redis and others non redis?
Surely you'd want to keep the pokemon regardless for battling?

Thanks a lot :)

Hi guys I want a woobat/swoobat with the HA "Simple". If you want a pokemon just tell me about it. If I have it, i'll give it. If I don't, let's compromise. :)

FC: 3926-7827-4623
Name: Kuro
Do you have pokemon X-y? My friend safari is flying type with woobat in it, you'll find woobats with 2-3 IVs already maxed here. Fc Tibryn @ 1865-1769-2242

Hi Guys,

I'm interested in getting started competitively and trying my hand at RNGing. Would it be possible for anyone to recommend me a member that would be able to help me out with a few pokemon to get started in competitive battling, and/or where I can start learning RNG?

The trade thread seemed pretty confusing to me, as there are quite a few cool things there, but I worry as I can't offer them anything good to trade back. Why are some things redis and others non redis?

Hey there, welcome to Smogon. Here's some answers to your questions.

• If you're referring to RNGing in X/Y/OR/AS, then that's impossible at the moment. However, Game Freak changed the mechanics so you can Soft-Reset for competitive legendaries, as well as making breeding a lot easier. Here's an old, but not outdated guide on the new Breeding mechanics. If you'd like to soft-reset legendaries, click here.
  • If you're referring to RNGing in previous generations, Smogon has plenty of guides on the subject. The RNG index on Smogon can be found here.
  • Redis is short for "Redistributable". "Redis rights" means whether you can trade the Pokemon or not. Full-Redis means you can freely trade the Pokemon. Semi-Redis means you can trade the Pokemon, but those who receive it can't trade it, aka it's Non-Redis.

Hi Guys,

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/
All on-site guides on RNGing.

Some stuff is non-redis because if everyone could trade and clone a 'mon it's value might decrease which of course wouldn't be fun for it's original owner.

Feel free to pm/vm me if you'd have any other questions. And welcome to the site
ninja'd by Viridi -_-

CMT

Gonna SR the Mew event. I've got two codes, what are the two natures I should strive for?

Also, does anyone have a Dive ball Totodile? (Pretty sure it's legal from Colosseum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)