Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a little bit of help from a few random forum goers.

A few minutes ago, I decided that megas or no megas, I'm not really interested in using Greninja, Chesnaught or Delphox (used it in OU/used it in game/It Sucks, respectively) in Z, which isn't really too much of a surprise. I tend to shake up my playthroughs of any game where I've already visited a region. For ORAS I did a random egg run but I think this time I'll just breed stuff myself. The question is: What should I breed?

So I did a few runs on a random Pokemon generator - ten runs, 6 Pokemon each, I choose one from each run (as its most evolved form) to end up with 10 partially random, partially chosen Pokemon. But I'm gonna ask you guys (if you don't mind) to order them so I can get a "top 5" - and I'll use 4 of those. Again, semi-random. And I'm committing to this! I don't care what we find out about Z, or about the massive wait we've got, or if the Pokemon have horribleterrible synergy. I'm using them and only them for Z, plus mandatory HM slaves.

So yeah! If a handful (5 or 6 people?) of you could order these Pokemon in order of "should have to use" to "do not use", I would appreciate it! (You can be as cruel or as arbitrary as you like. I enjoy a challenge.)

I don't play but if you wanted mixed your other one was better.
You're absolutely right.

Also...
after testing this thing on Showdown and running calcs, I'm not convinced that a purely physical Groudon is a good Groudon. It just doesn't do what I want/need it to do.
Fire Punch as the Fire STAB is simply bad and not having the nuke option doesn't agree with me either.

Take these calcs for example:

Max Attack Fire Punch on a neutral target:
252+ Atk Primal Groudon Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew in Harsh Sunshine: 69-82 (20.2 - 24%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

uninvested Overheat with flawed IVs on the same target:
0 SpA Primal Groudon Overheat vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew in Harsh Sunshine: 76-91 (22.2 - 26.6%) -- 25.2% chance to 4HKO

Not sure if I'll commit to the (nearly) flawless 6IV hunt yet, but I'd definitely regret keeping this one.

TOSSED.

Last edited:
I need a little bit of help from a few random forum goers.

A few minutes ago, I decided that megas or no megas, I'm not really interested in using Greninja, Chesnaught or Delphox (used it in OU/used it in game/It Sucks, respectively) in Z, which isn't really too much of a surprise. I tend to shake up my playthroughs of any game where I've already visited a region. For ORAS I did a random egg run but I think this time I'll just breed stuff myself. The question is: What should I breed?

So I did a few runs on a random Pokemon generator - ten runs, 6 Pokemon each, I choose one from each run (as its most evolved form) to end up with 10 partially random, partially chosen Pokemon. But I'm gonna ask you guys (if you don't mind) to order them so I can get a "top 5" - and I'll use 4 of those. Again, semi-random. And I'm committing to this! I don't care what we find out about Z, or about the massive wait we've got, or if the Pokemon have horribleterrible synergy. I'm using them and only them for Z, plus mandatory HM slaves.

So yeah! If a handful (5 or 6 people?) of you could order these Pokemon in order of "should have to use" to "do not use", I would appreciate it! (You can be as cruel or as arbitrary as you like. I enjoy a challenge.)

In order of use to not use:

Politoed
Heliolisk
Flareon
Meganium
Krookodile
Conkelldurr
Crobat
Weezing
Seaking
Slurpuff

Just my preference. :P

Hmmmm. Flareon on a rain team, eh? Interesting.

Well, I suppose all the Flareon fans are already used to using it without a reliable, powerful Fire STAB. I could probably do the same!

Meganium tho :'( It's sooooo baaaaad
Haha, I was just thinking more of what I like more and not their competitiveness. :D

My Order would be:

Politoed
Conkelldurr
Slowking
Crobat
Krookodile
Flareon
Heliolisk
Meganium
Weezing
Slurpuff

Politoed is number one for his utility and looks
Conkeldurr follows due to its success in VGC.
Flareon is almost my least favorite eeveelution.
Not much to say about the rest.

How can I see my TSV? How does it work? I need to breed, then save, and then hatch and check if the egg has the IVs I want and then reset and trade the egg so someone can hatch it?

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
How can I see my TSV? How does it work? I need to breed, then save, and then hatch and check if the egg has the IVs I want and then reset and trade the egg so someone can hatch it?
The method you described is basically breeding for shinies with the Time Machine Method.

If you want your trainer shiny value (TSV) checked, you only need to trade a Pokemon with your OT to someone who can check it for you [i.e. me ;)]. You can just PM/VM me for now if you want it checked, but in general TSV/ESV check requests go here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...l-f-for-the-tsv-with-the-format-0000.3526643/

Similarly, to check the egg's shiny value (ESV) so you know whom the trade the egg to, you need to trade the egg to someone who can check it. Once you know the ESV, you can trade it to someone with a matching TSV so it hatches shiny.

technically there's also the Battle Video method of checking esv/tsv but meh.

That's not time machine method. Time machine method is when you know which parents pass down what ivs .

That's just a method for people without a power save and need an egg check .

Thanks. Saw the keywords breed, save, check IVs, reset and filled in the blanks. Still mastering speed reading :P

Last edited:
You're missing an important step, which is to trade someone an egg to find out the Egg Shiny Value, and then find the corresponding person to hatch it .

The method you described is basically breeding for shinies with the Time Machine Method.

That's not time machine method. Time machine method is when you know which parents pass down what ivs .

That's just a method for people without a power save and need an egg check .

Looking for a Hidden Ability Stariu/Starmie, any good soul can trade me one so I can breed a competitive one?
I can get you one(their super rare in Liycove, so I see why you don't want to look for one yourself.) I'm not gonna be too demanding, but I want something, so if you have any of the Pokes I'm looking for(page 335,) I'll get you one with whatever reasonably easy item to get(what item depends what you can trade, but no Master Ball either way, not cause I wouldn't give one but cause I don't have one.)

I am looking for a dratini with extreme speed. Anything else doesn't matter don't care about IV's i guess the HA would be cool but thats also not important.
PM me please with what you want and i will see what i can do.

Thanks in advance :D

EDIT:Taken care off.

Last edited:
For special attackers I know a spread of 31/00/31/31/31/31 is preferred over 31/31/31/31/31/31. For physical attackers does it matter if the Sp. Attack IV is 0? Would it look better if it were 31/31/31/00/31/31 rather than 31/31/31/31/31/31?

For special attackers I know a spread of 31/00/31/31/31/31 is preferred over 31/31/31/31/31/31. For physical attackers does it matter if the Sp. Attack IV is 0? Would it look better if it were 31/31/31/00/31/31 rather than 31/31/31/31/31/31?
For physical attackers it makes no competitive difference - only style points.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
You're absolutely right.

Also...
after testing this thing on Showdown and running calcs, I'm not convinced that a purely physical Groudon is a good Groudon. It just doesn't do what I want/need it to do.
Fire Punch as the Fire STAB is simply bad and not having the nuke option doesn't agree with me either.

Take these calcs for example:

Max Attack Fire Punch on a neutral target:
252+ Atk Primal Groudon Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew in Harsh Sunshine: 69-82 (20.2 - 24%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

uninvested Overheat with flawed IVs on the same target:
0 SpA Primal Groudon Overheat vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew in Harsh Sunshine: 76-91 (22.2 - 26.6%) -- 25.2% chance to 4HKO

Not sure if I'll commit to the (nearly) flawless 6IV hunt yet, but I'd definitely regret keeping this one.

TOSSED.

I know you tossed this already, but don't calc against a mon that is entirely irrelevant to the meta you're SRing for because the calc has no use at all. Mew is banned in BS GS Cup 2016, you'll never be fighting it.

Mew: 100 def / 100 sp. def
Xerneas: 131 def / 98 sp. def

Fire Punch isn't a horrible option in comparison to Overheat and it's your safest option for a Geo'd Xerneas.

156+ Atk Primal Groudon Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 44+ Def Xerneas in Harsh Sun: 118-139 (50.6 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Geared for 3HKO from Precipice Blade, a spread you probably would never see -it sucks-)

252 SpA Primal Groudon Overheat vs. +2 184 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas in Harsh Sunshine: 94-112 (41.9 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO (Groudon likes HP, so it doesn't die - but I'm just pointing out the dmg for 252 sp.atk)

Even if your original target was indeed mixed, Brave Groudon is still good for being physically flawless.

/me booty bumps jio c:

Last edited:
Would anyone be able to catch me a Rain Dish Wartortle in a Luxury Ball from a Friend Safari? I got a new 3DS and somethings happened which erased all of my Friend Codes.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Would anyone be able to catch me a Rain Dish Wartortle in a Luxury Ball from a Friend Safari? I got a new 3DS and somethings happened which erased all of my Friend Codes.
Friend Safari's don't carry over to a new 3DS when you transfer (the friends do, but it would require you to get everyone online again to get everyone's third slot again..)

I can catch you one in a little bit.

Friend Safari's don't carry over to a new 3DS when you transfer (the friends do, but it would require you to get everyone online again to get everyone's third slot again..)

I can catch you one in a little bit.
Ah. Thanks! I'll edit my signature to have the correct FC.

what are some good trick room sweepers ?

I have mega camerupt, mega heracross, pangoro, cofragigus, crawdaunt, mega ampharos, conkeldurr, malamar, mega abomasnow

what are some good trick room sweepers ?

I have mega camerupt, mega heracross, pangoro, cofragigus, crawdaunt, mega ampharos, conkeldurr, malamar, mega abomasnow
Depends on the meta but from the ones you've mentioned Cofagrigus and Conkeldurr are the best options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)