Programming Showdown Android app ready for alpha testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, so I have a relatively stable version right now. Bugs report are highly highly highly appreciated :) When there's a bug there will be a pop up message. If you can post a screen shot that would be great.

Fyi, the switch button is on the TOP LEFT corner of the dialog that pop-up when you click on a pokemon icon. During team preview, you get this dialog by clicking on the big sprite. During battle, you get this dialog by clicking on the icon on the left panel.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2I090TojaggR2piU1ozdU9zMU0/view?usp=sharing

To install this file, simply download it to your Android device, enable Security>Unknown Source, and open the downloaded file to install.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I just played a randbat on this. Veeery solid work! Just one thing I noticed is that when Ditto transformed into a pokemon and used a move of theirs, it showed up the next time i tapped on it. (Ditto used shell smash when it transformed into my huntail and then when i tapped on opp's dittto it had SS)

I just played a randbat on this. Veeery solid work! Just one thing I noticed is that when Ditto transformed into a pokemon and used a move of theirs, it showed up the next time i tapped on it. (Ditto used shell smash when it transformed into my huntail and then when i tapped on opp's dittto it had SS)
thanks for the feedback.

I now realise we might have some problems handling zozoark too.

feedback is hugely appreciated guys (even on little things like UI), or weird text in battle logs etcetc

Last edited:
Amazing work! I have a small report.

I got into a random battle and accidentally hit my phone's back button.

When I re-entered the app the battle was listed on the top bar as "BATTLE1" and so I re-entered the battle. In the battle, when I tapped on my Pokemon, the app crashed and I got the message: "Unfortunately, Showdown! has stopped."

If this is a bug maybe you can add an option to disable the back button.

Amazing work! I have a small report.

I got into a random battle and accidentally hit my phone's back button.

When I re-entered the app the battle was listed on the top bar as "BATTLE1" and so I re-entered the battle. In the battle, when I tapped on my Pokemon, the app crashed and I got the message: "Unfortunately, Showdown! has stopped."

If this is a bug maybe you can add an option to disable the back button.
Thanks for the report.

We'll try to reproduce but we are aware that leaving the battlefield while battling causes issues.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
had a couple of randbats, this app is pretty amazing, great work!

is there a way to chat during a battle though? a little pop-up chat window could be good

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I've tested this out for a bit in chat only, and I found that despite the fact that it doesn't show you as joining another room (in a tab) by typing the /join Roomname command, it will actually treat you as if you're in that chat room (I'm in the OU room right now without joining it on CPU or iPad, no alt sorcery). Really interesting. Also, I'd like for the whisper command (/w or /msg) to output something ala what it normally does in the normal chat ((Private to User) Sup!).

This is extremely impressive so far, and I'm looking forward to more updates in the future!

very good app tbh, even the calc is amazing but there are a few problems with it (you cant search for moves in calc and they arent in any particular order but im sure you'll get to it)
great app n_n

edit: you can actually import teams through pastebin :OOO thats really amazing
2nd edit: so only 1 team at a time import, still, not bad

Last edited:
I've tested this out for a bit in chat only, and I found that despite the fact that it doesn't show you as joining another room (in a tab) by typing the /join Roomname command, it will actually treat you as if you're in that chat room (I'm in the OU room right now without joining it on CPU or iPad, no alt sorcery). Really interesting. Also, I'd like for the whisper command (/w or /msg) to output something ala what it normally does in the normal chat ((Private to User) Sup!).

This is extremely impressive so far, and I'm looking forward to more updates in the future!
We haven't (afaik) worked on the chat commands, but i'll make sure to get on it soon

edit: you can actually import teams through pastebin :OOO thats really amazing
2nd edit: so only 1 team at a time import, still, not bad
Could add multi team importing

Last edited:

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Really nice work guys!

One thing I noticed is this: I made an Ubers team and went back to the main page "Battle Field". When I went back to teambuilder, the team was relabeled OU. Even if I relabel it, if I leave teambuilder it gets reset. This seems to happen with all tiers.

Really nice work guys!

One thing I noticed is this: I made an Ubers team and went back to the main page "Battle Field". When I went back to teambuilder, the team was relabeled OU. Even if I relabel it, if I leave teambuilder it gets reset. This seems to happen with all tiers.
My bad, seems like i forgot to save the tiers when i changed the way the teams are saved.

Will be fixed

I'll definitely have to try this out! Sounds amazing. Once it's thoroughly tested, will you be having an 'official' release for it?

I'll definitely have to try this out! Sounds amazing. Once it's thoroughly tested, will you be having an 'official' release for it?
We'll probably move into beta while adding more features. Once we fell like it's complete, we'd try to release it to the play soren and if it fails we'll distribute it as an apk.

At least that's how i see it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)