Metagame Shared Power [Under Re-Construction!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Got some noms for the VR:

B -> B+ / A-
Being able to run Mold Breaker is huge atm when we have stuff like Multiscale and Unaware plaguing the metagame. Mega Gyarados is by far the best user imo since it can fit on quite a few playstyles ranging from rain offense to even some balance teams. Having access to moves such as Taunt and having Intimidate as a pre-mega ability also means it can provide some team support on its own before it attemps to sweep. Its weak to priority, but pair it with Dazzling / Queenly Majesty and other stuff to buff it up such as Adaptability and Simple and we have a deadly sweeper on our hands.

B+ -> A-

A staple on a majority of HOs, Shuckle can provide both Contrary and Sturdy which can be really useful for a lot of teams. Being able to setup both Webs and Stealth Rock is also really good for it since it can act as a great standalone mon as well, and having access to other useful abilities like Multiscale and Magic Guard makes it even more annoying to deal with. Probably the best suicide lead entry hazard setter availible.

C+ -> B
Poison Heal is one of the best donor abilities imo and Gliscor is the most viable donor. Not only can it give off such an incredible ability that pairs well with other great abilities such as Guts and Marvel Scale, but Gliscor itself is also a rather viable poke on its own, potentially acting as a entry hazard setter / remover, setup sweeper, or general anti-stall mon thanks to moves such as Taunt + Toxic. Can fit on anything from offense to full on stall and is generally one of the best donors atm, which is why I believe a rise to at least B is warranted.

B -> C+
I get Magnet Pull is a nice ability and all, but I don't think it propels Magenzone to B. Steels are common atm with stuff like Excadrill, Celesteela, and Magearna, but most of the aformentioned steels either outspeed potential Zone partners thanks to weather or can beat them out when paired with abilites such as Multiscale or even Volt Asborb (in Celesteela's case). Even for Electric Terrain teams there are much better options such as Xurkitree and Thundurus to aid in wallbreaking. I just don't see the niche in Zone even with it's other abillities since they don't offer too much compared to the other mons it's ranked with.

UR -> B-
A cool setup sweeper to break stall thanks to it passing Moxie and having access to Power Trip. Works well when combined with Simple + Beast Boost + Soul-Heart combination. Unfortunately do not have replays showing it off but trust me when I say it works.

UR -> C
Cloud Nine is like almost a must on a majority of non-weather HOs if they don't want to get dicked on by opposing weather. Drampa is a cool donor since it can Defog away hazards and actually hit really hard with it's stabs (also Prankster Nature Power shenanigans are also annoying to deal with). It's definetely more of a filler mon that just provides a useful abiltiy which is why C is a good start for it imo.

UR -> C
Before claiming it as a meme, Eevee can work really well as not only does it pass Adaptability, but also can be quite a potent setup sweeper on its own with Extreme Evoboost + Simple + Anti-Priority. Even though it has piss poor offensive stats, it can actually still break teams after an aduquate amount of boosts, with Stored Power allowing it to break through stall teams as well.

Replay of it in action: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7sharedpower-197676

I would nom some Harvest stuff but I would rather wait a bit on that to really see if its just a gimmick. Great job with inital rankigns so far!

Pelipper @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn
- Surf

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Raichu-Alola @ Aloraichium Z/Electrium Z
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt/Thunder
- Psyshock
- Volt Switch
- Surf

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 174 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance/Superpower

Pretty straightforward and braindead, Swift Swim and Surge Surfer give you a constant +4 speed boost, Drizzle, Electric Terrain and Adaptability stack together to boost STABs to insane levels. Celesteela is the defensive pivot of the team, that also soaks priority from the likes of Dragonite, it also gives Beast Boost to the rest of the team which makes sacks not an option. Note that Cloud Nine by itself doesn't work very well to combat the team because Surge Surfer will still be active. You need something like Cloud Nine/weather + terrain to hamper the strategy.

EDIT: Changed Koko and Raichu's spread to get a Special Attack Beast Boost.

Last edited:
Something I haven’t heard many people talk about is the presence of Trick Room teams. Trick Room is a great playstyle in a metagame focused on HO teams. Stakataka is a fantastic Beast Boost donor and the playstyle has many great mons like Reuniclus, Bronzong, Magearna, etc.

I don’t have any replays at the moment, but Trick Room effectively deals with weather teams very well. Invalidating Speed-doubling abilities is really really nice. Stakataka with a Water/Ground immunity gives it a lot of opportunities to set up against Rain and Sand teams respectively. I’ll be posting a team soon!

On a last note, the next round of council bans should come out sometime tomorrow, so expect it!

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
Howdy all, I've finished my post for Submissions for VR, right here. so if you have any suggestions or things you want to say, please do!

Something I haven’t heard many people talk about is the presence of Trick Room teams. Trick Room is a great playstyle in a metagame focused on HO teams. Stakataka is a fantastic Beast Boost donor and the playstyle has many great mons like Reuniclus, Bronzong, Magearna, etc.

I don’t have any replays at the moment, but Trick Room effectively deals with weather teams very well. Invalidating Speed-doubling abilities is really really nice. Stakataka with a Water/Ground immunity gives it a lot of opportunities to set up against Rain and Sand teams respectively. I’ll be posting a team soon!

On a last note, the next round of council bans should come out sometime tomorrow, so expect it!
All I can say is please don't ban Multiscale (idk if it's even on yr radar for a ban but w/e), it's the only thing that makes stall anywhere close to viable and it alone doesn't even accomplish that. I know Dragonite is an extremely powerful mon but Multiscale is our only hope of Stall or any somewhat defensive strat ever becoming viable. (IMO Lugia could be unbanned and it still wouldn't be enough right now, not that it should be, but y'know)

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Thing is, if Multiscale is unhealthy to the meta, then there is a reason to ban it.
Honestly, i'd say ban Dragonite is a whole. (that's of course just my opinion) The ban on Tinted Lens didn't change the fact that Dragonite can still run an effective Facade/Earthquake/Superpower coverage, which is only resisted by Hawlucha only resistsed by Rotom, Thundurus, Zapdos and Oricorio Pom-Pom and Emolga, unless you have a mon with Levitate.

EDIT : Typed /ds resists ground, flying, fighting instead of /ds resists ground, resists fighting, resists flying - my bad.

To answer the "Multiscale makes stall viable" argument, stall is kind of gimmicky in this meta due to the fact that Magic Guard, that you will often face, wrecks most of stall's old ways to deal damage, including the new Innards Out, so Multiscale doesn't change much to that. Banning Dragonite would probably affect more Bulky Offense, for example.
In the current meta, i'd say that stall's way is more PP stall with Pressure, Substitute and passive recovery.

Last edited:
Team dump:

Gale Wings priority spam. Great fun, doesn't like Dazzling / Queenly Majesty / Psychic Surge teams though.
http://pokepast.es/7c05cacb2126543c

Making use of the rare Flare Boost for surprisingly good results. I didn't come up with the idea for this team - someone used a similar one against me, and I made a few changes. 22 SpA IVs on Necrozma give it one more Speed than Special Attack, meaning Beast Boost boosts Speed.
http://pokepast.es/9bd6135f686e8129

Simple Sandstorm HO team, Sand Rush + Sand Stream + Sand Force + Adaptability + Beast Boost = Mega Power. Doesn't like Rain teams though.
http://pokepast.es/8f94cd4d0c2c6f9f

One thing I have noticed is that Sticky Web is really good here. With Magic Guard being so common, Stealth Rock and Spikes have dropped off. Consequently, Rapid Spin and Defog are much rarer as there is often no need for them. Thus, Sticky Web has become much more threatening, especially against Simple teams.

Thing is, if Multiscale is unhealthy to the meta, then there is a reason to ban it.
Honestly, i'd say ban Dragonite is a whole. (that's of course just my opinion) The ban on Tinted Lens didn't change the fact that Dragonite can still run an effective Facade/Earthquake/Superpower coverage, which is only resisted by Hawlucha, unless you have a mon with Levitate.

To answer the "Multiscale makes stall viable" argument, stall is kind of gimmicky in this meta due to the fact that Magic Guard, that you will often face, wrecks most of stall's old ways to deal damage, including the new Innards Out, so Multiscale doesn't change much to that. Banning Dragonite would probably affect more Bulky Offense, for example.
In the current meta, i'd say that stall's way is more PP stall with Pressure, Substitute and passive recovery.
I don't think Multiscale makes stall viable, I just think there's absolutely no way Stall ever would be viable if Multiscale is gone. Dragonite belongs in S Rank, there's no question, but Multiscale is almost essential to any team that isn't straight up heavy offense and getting rid of Dragonite has broader implications for the meta at large right now.

Stall can't effectively PP stall either because regenerator + magic guard makes it impossible to win against constant switching unless you can do significant damage right out of the gate, which stall mons usually can't.

This isn't me being salty because I can't play stall either. I hate stall, I hate playing against it, I hate playing with it, I hate everything about it, but I can't advocate for any decision that limits teambuilding to a single archetype (HO), regardless of whether or not I enjoy playing that archetype (which I do).

Last edited:
Multiscale isn't half as mandatory as you make it out to be. There are multiple other ability cores to create the foundation of a useable stall team that is able to take hits. The most difficult thing for stall is actually ending a game against opposing stall or bulky teams with abilities such as Magic Guard and Regenerator, which Multiscale doesn't help them do at all.

Also here are a couple noms:

Guzzlord from Unranked -> C+

Guzzlord is actually surprisingly splashable in this meta and can pull its weight on just about any build. Beast Boost is an awesome ability that comfortably helps out the entire team, where as Guzzlord itself can make use of almost any ability too. Regenerator and Poison Heal in particular are great for Guzzlord, though other defensive abilities also go a long way, plus Guzzlord can make great use of just about any offensive ability you can think of, from Adaptability and Tough Claws to Strong Jaws and Mega Launcher. Even Technician Dual Chop. Outside of abilities Guzzlord also provides a bunch of utility through its typing with Dark handling Stored Power and Prankster, where as its Dragon typing and high HP stat allow it to fair okay against Rain and Sun teams. Notably good on Trick Room teams. Wouldn't go higher than C+ because it doesn't really excel at anything, just a solid pick that can be a low key jack of trades.

Mega Aggron from Unranked -> B-
I need to get replays, I'll try edit some in later if I can ever find the time, but this thing is actually quite sleeper strong. Mega Aggron's massive physical bulk makes it an epic check to a plethora of the meta's top threats, dumpstering the likes of Clefable and Dragonite, and only needing so much as Intimidate to take on things like Adaptability Excadrill. It's also a very powerful tank with 140 Atk and a strong Heavy Slam, should it scoop up some offensive abilities. Aggron is no slouch of a donor too, with Filter being real nice, and the cherry on top being Sturdy pre Mega that is extremely useful. The thing holding Mega Aggron back the most is it's reliance on a Regenerator donor for longevity, as it can't make use of Poison Heal or Harvest with a Mega Stone.

Lastly someone mentioned it earlier but Toxapex needs to drop. Regenerator is nice, but Toxapex is so passive and the presence of abilities like Magic Guard and Poison Heal make it pretty much a dead weight momentum suck in a variety of match ups.

Team dump:
One thing I have noticed is that Sticky Web is really good here. With Magic Guard being so common, Stealth Rock and Spikes have dropped off. Consequently, Rapid Spin and Defog are much rarer as there is often no need for them. Thus, Sticky Web has become much more threatening, especially against Simple teams.
The issue with Sticky Webs is that Contrary Simple is pretty common, so you give your opponent free speed boosts with that. This meta isn't really about setting up. This meta is about who hits harder. Much like if someone ran Psychic Terrain Drought Contrary Victini. Or Adaptibility Technician Skill Link Moxie/Beast Boost Mega Beedrill.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
So as Haakunite posted before, it is time for another round of council bans. Speaking of the council, we gladly welcome Funbot28 to the fold. Please congratulate her on her wall. Anyways, let's get to the point of this post with the new bans.

Speed Boosting abilities (Swift Swim, Chlorophyll, Sand Rush, Slush Rush, Surge Surfer): Ban
Simple: Wait
Contrary: Wait
Dragonite: Wait
Multiscale: Wait

While small, the list of bans is moreso to show that we are keeping an eye on the concerns that you guys have all brought up. With that being said, the council has decided to ban Swift Swim, Chlorophyll, Sand Rush, Slush Rush, and Surge Surfer from being shared. Tagging urkerab to update ROM as well as to add the Evasion Abilities clause from Pokebilities to Shared Power to avoid any weird evasion shenanigans with Sand Veil and/or Snow Cloak.

Also, I am loving the discussion so far. I am glad to see SP getting so much activity because it is a very fun metagame (special s/o to Haakunite for allowing em to be a part of it <3) and I can't wait until we can get this OMotM so we can really garner some stance :)

Lastly, Haakunite, aGroove, and I were discussing the potential of a Water Bubble unban since Swift Swim got booted and as such rain took a huge hit. We just want to put some feelers out and see what you guys, as a community, think about it and whether or not it would be a good or bad idea.

Lastly, Haakunite, aGroove, and I were discussing the potential of a Water Bubble unban since Swift Swim got booted and as such rain took a huge hit. We just want to put some feelers out and see what you guys, as a community, think about it and whether or not it would be a good or bad idea.
Araquanid-Totem (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Lunge
- Crunch
- Poison Jab

Pelipper (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Swampert-Mega (M) @ Swampertite
Ability: Torrent
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm

Barbaracle (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Liquidation
- Stone Edge
- Poison Jab

Bibarel (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Simple
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Return

Serperior (M) @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Glare
- Protect

Yeah don't do that. Despite Swift Swim banned, imagine Drizzle Water Bubble Mega Swampert around. Plus Contrary Simple Hammer Arm, only one weakness, and to top it off Tough Claws? Yeah no. I can't get damage calcs because I don't know how, but Water Bubble unbanned sounds really scary.

edit: forgot mega swampert. my bad.

Viability Rankings Update

This will be the first update to the Shared Power VR. Following nv's post on the council ban round, and keeping in mind that this will be the first update to a new and unexplored metagame, the changes will be drastic. Without further ado, here are the changes:

Rises

A —> A+
A- —> A
B+ —> A
B+ —> A-
B+ —> A-
B —> B+
B —> B+
B- —> B
C+ —> B
C —> C+
C- —> C+
UR —> B-
UR —> B-
UR —> C

Drops

A+ —> C+

A+ —> B-
A —> B

A —> C
A —> C
A —> A-
A- —> B

A- —> C+
A- —> C-

B —> UR
B —> UR
B —> B-
B- —> UR
C+ —> UR
C+ —> C-
C —> UR
C- —> UR

To avoid a double post, I'll also add my thoughts on Water Bubble in the metagame. Obviously it won't get unbanned right away but the single largest reason Water Bubble got booted was because of the insane amount of support it provided rain teams. Rain is a much, MUCH less effective playstyle now thanks to the Swift Swim ban, and this is evident in the VR changes. Another thing that's evident in the recent changes is that Water immune mons haven't gone down in viability much. Toxicroak doesn't have as important of a niche as it did before with the presence of rain, but Mantine is still equally as great. Water Bubble just seems like a beefed up Steelworker to me, except it's only limited to Mega Swampert and Kingdra as far as prominent users go. Mega Swampert, the better user of the two, is affected heavily by its inability to OHKO much of anything under Multiscale and Intimidate hurts its viability. I definitely think we should give this ability a chance in the metagame some time in the future.

pazza

Banned deucer.
I think TR will be the best tbh.
So as Haakunite posted before, it is time for another round of council bans. Speaking of the council, we gladly welcome Funbot28 to the fold. Please congratulate her on her wall. Anyways, let's get to the point of this post with the new bans.

Speed Boosting abilities (Swift Swim, Chlorophyll, Sand Rush, Slush Rush, Surge Surfer): Ban
Simple: Wait
Contrary: Wait
Dragonite: Wait
Multiscale: Wait

While small, the list of bans is moreso to show that we are keeping an eye on the concerns that you guys have all brought up. With that being said, the council has decided to ban Swift Swim, Chlorophyll, Sand Rush, Slush Rush, and Surge Surfer from being shared. Tagging urkerab to update ROM as well as to add the Evasion Abilities clause from Pokebilities to Shared Power to avoid any weird evasion shenanigans with Sand Veil and/or Snow Cloak.

Also, I am loving the discussion so far. I am glad to see SP getting so much activity because it is a very fun metagame (special s/o to Haakunite for allowing em to be a part of it <3) and I can't wait until we can get this OMotM so we can really garner some stance :)

frick i was gonna make an anti-weather team post xD.
ban Multiscale pls my kyu-b cant 1hko them :[

Hello everyone, here to announce that we are now accepting submission for Shared Power Sample Teams!

To submit your team as a sample team, post it in this thread, preferably through a https://pastebin.com/ or a http://pokepast.es/ link, and if the team looks solid, the council will give it a quick QC check that consists of making any changes to a team to improve it's quality while still maintaining the original intent of the team, or something similar.

pazza

Banned deucer.
Hello everyone, here to announce that we are now accepting submission for Shared Power Sample Teams!

To submit your team as a sample team, post it in this thread, preferably through a https://pastebin.com/ or a http://pokepast.es/ link, and if the team looks solid, the council will give it a quick QC check that consists of making any changes to a team to improve it's quality while still maintaining the original intent of the team, or something similar.
http://pokepast.es/a8500d6e85da3db7
Just your basic HO team.
Might wanna switch out Glalie for a defiant/contrary user to abuse Intimidate/Sticky Webs if your scared of that stuff.
Also send out Glalie first and mega asap so all your teammates gets refrigerate or else... xD
Kyurem used Facade!

It doesn't affect the opposing Blacephalon...

A ton of people have brought up this Pokemon when talking about potential unbans and I’d like to see what you guys thought of it, and offer my own thoughts as well.

Aegislash is a Pokemon that cannot share its unique ability, Stance Change, since it is hardcoded to only work on itself. This is similar to Greninja and Battle Bond, or Mimikyu and Disguise. Because of this, a lot of people think Aegislash would be a manageable threat in Shared Power. However, it’s important to note that Aegislash is still the same Pokemon that became banned from OU a long time ago, except this time it has access to multiple abilities such as Levitate, Regenerator, Flash Fire, Adaptability, among others. It retains King’s Shield, which can punish physical attackers by lowering their Attack by two. Some things to note:
  • Aegislash is objectively not very great against Contrary teams, which love getting a +2 Attack boost every time Aegislash protects itself.
  • Ability slots in this metagame are a huge deal, and you’re essentially playing with one less ability than your opponent if you decide to use Aegislash.
  • Aegislash cannot make use of Poison Heal, which is a very solid ability right now and a playstyle where Aegislash would be commonly seen on. The only abilities it really loves having are the immunities and Regenerator/Intimidate.
  • Shadow Sneak is blocked by Psychic Surge, Dazzling, and Queenly Majesty.
  • Weather is now nerfed, and the support from Aegislash to stop insane sweepers is no longer as needed as it would have been.
  • It would be entirely possible to make great teams for any given playstyle without the use of Aegislash or even a dedicated Aegislash answer.
Because of these reasons, I believe unbanning Aegislash from Shared Power is a legitimate discussion topic and I’d like to hear your opinions on this.

A ton of people have brought up this Pokemon when talking about potential unbans and I’d like to see what you guys thought of it, and offer my own thoughts as well.

Aegislash is a Pokemon that cannot share its unique ability, Stance Change, since it is hardcoded to only work on itself. This is similar to Greninja and Battle Bond, or Mimikyu and Disguise. Because of this, a lot of people think Aegislash would be a manageable threat in Shared Power. However, it’s important to note that Aegislash is still the same Pokemon that became banned from OU a long time ago, except this time it has access to multiple abilities such as Levitate, Regenerator, Flash Fire, Adaptability, among others. It retains King’s Shield, which can punish physical attackers by lowering their Attack by two. Some things to note:
  • Aegislash is objectively not very great against Contrary teams, which love getting a +2 Attack boost every time Aegislash protects itself.
  • Ability slots in this metagame are a huge deal, and you’re essentially playing with one less ability than your opponent if you decide to use Aegislash.
  • Aegislash cannot make use of Poison Heal, which is a very solid ability right now and a playstyle where Aegislash would be commonly seen on. The only abilities it really loves having are the immunities and Regenerator/Intimidate.
  • Shadow Sneak is blocked by Psychic Surge, Dazzling, and Queenly Majesty.
  • Weather is now nerfed, and the support from Aegislash to stop insane sweepers is no longer as needed as it would have been.
  • It would be entirely possible to make great teams for any given playstyle without the use of Aegislash or even a dedicated Aegislash answer.
Because of these reasons, I believe unbanning Aegislash from Shared Power is a legitimate discussion topic and I’d like to hear your opinions on this.

My vote is to unban Aegislash and move to UR or lowest rank.

Haakunite gave some great arguments, being tier leader, but I would like to expand on the pros. He makes great arguments for the unban, all of which I support.

Firstly, we should consider why it went to Ubers in the first place. With a great BST and defensive typing, it can take hits with investment and hit hard in return. I feel like it might do ok to do work on Clefable, and with Adaptablity and/or Beast Boost support. With Flash Fire/ Levitate support, it could potentially become a staple on bulkier offense teams.

However, going with what Haaku said, it can’t make use of some of the prominent abilities right now. PHeal and Toxic Boost can’t be used, and with weather gone, it doesn’t provide sand support. Stance change is useless, and this makes defending it’s banned position pretty tough. Obviously, I feel it should be unbanned.

Even if it can’t provide good abilities, with decent support I feel it could work. So, based on Haaku and I’s points, I think it would be nice at the lowest rank or unranked.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
While Weather did get nerfed, I don't think weather sweepers in no way deserve to drop all the way to C rank!

Weather is still a very solid build, and can be more versatile now instead of "slap Adaptability + Weather + Speed Boosting ability". Excadrill is still a potent threat with a Tough Claws /Steelworker Adaptability Iron Head. Tyranitar itself isn't constricted to weather and still benefits from a bunch of abilities being thrown about. While I do believe some drops are justified (Alolan Shrew, Venusaur and Alolan Raichu) others should in no way drop to such levels (Tyranitar especially)

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
Sample Team: http://pokepast.es/d01382de2b19a330
Hyper Offense Team, with a core of Kommo-o lovingly building up with a Simple-Amplified Clangorous Soulblaze, while Sharpedo aids Bruxish and Vice-Versa. Marowak-Alola gives all these water types an Electric Immunity, as well as Bruxish having Dazzling to stop Espeed or Sucker Punch.

also, on another note, have we not talked about Refrigerate Kyurem-B????

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
My vote is to unban Aegislash and move to UR or lowest rank.

Haakunite gave some great arguments, being tier leader, but I would like to expand on the pros. He makes great arguments for the unban, all of which I support.

Firstly, we should consider why it went to Ubers in the first place. With a great BST and defensive typing, it can take hits with investment and hit hard in return. I feel like it might do ok to do work on Clefable, and with Adaptablity and/or Beast Boost support. With Flash Fire/ Levitate support, it could potentially become a staple on bulkier offense teams.

However, going with what Haaku said, it can’t make use of some of the prominent abilities right now. PHeal and Toxic Boost can’t be used, and with weather gone, it doesn’t provide sand support. Stance change is useless, and this makes defending it’s banned position pretty tough. Obviously, I feel it should be unbanned.

Even if it can’t provide good abilities, with decent support I feel it could work. So, based on Haaku and I’s points, I think it would be nice at the lowest rank or unranked.
Yeah gonna have to disagree with this completely. Aeigislash is just one of those Pokemon that are very good without passing it's ability. It's still a pretty busted mon, and I'm very sure everyone knows what Aeigislash does in every tier: Kings Shield, stance change, all that nice stuff.

Furthermore, think of Aegislash inheriting abilities. You could literally eliminate this things weaknesses using flash fire or levitate, not to mention Magic Gaurd and Multiscale increasing Aeigislash's longivity even more. Simple increases SD sets' viability, while Stamina helps it's Defensive variants pull through. SubToxic set could even be used with multiple abilities that eliminate it's weaknesses and flaws, making it extremely hard to take down. With Ultra Beasts being mandatory or near mandatory on every SP team, think about how easily both offensive variants and defensive variants of Aeigislash could get out of hand. Mind you, with all the inherited abilities, Aegislash can still use Kings Shield, change forms and preform multiple roles with multiple abilities and it's two forms. The mere thought of unbanning Aeigislash and putting it at UR is just completely absurd.

Aegislash should stay banned imo, or at least a suspect test should be held if Aeigislash's viability in the tier really does concern the playerbase.

This metagame is looking good btw, keep it up =D

Last edited:
Sample Team: http://pokepast.es/d01382de2b19a330
Hyper Offense Team, with a core of Kommo-o lovingly building up with a Simple-Amplified Clangorous Soulblaze, while Sharpedo aids Bruxish and Vice-Versa. Marowak-Alola gives all these water types an Electric Immunity, as well as Bruxish having Dazzling to stop Espeed or Sucker Punch.

also, on another note, have we not talked about Refrigerate Kyurem-B????
Refrigerate Kyurem-B isn’t a horrible option, but you have to run something like Mega Glalie which is no good. Generally speaking Mega Glalie’s Refrigerate won’t benefit much outside of Kyurem-Black. It’s just not worth sacrificing a teamslot for.

I’d say Kyurem-Black’s absolute best set right now is the Contrary Draco Meteor one, since it can just shred through bulky Unaware teams and the such.

Stakataka @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Trick Room
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Flash Cannon

Bibarel (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Simple
Serious Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Liquidation

Bruxish (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dazzling
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Aqua Jet
- Psychic Fangs
- Liquidation
- Trick Room

Crawdaunt (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off

Camerupt-Mega (M) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon

So this will be two posts in one, first is my sample team, a TR team. The second is unbanning Aegislash.
So this team is abusing Trick Room with a few gimmicks, such as Simple and Sheer Force. I honestly think the best part of this is Dazzling. The best way to beat TR team is now out of the way. You have one of the slowest mons on here and you just run TR and GG. Things that would it is weak to is probably burns, Water-types and Mold Breaker variants.

Onto Aegislash. The leader provides very good reasons and I would support Unbanning Aegislash. It doesn't too much to the team, and two main weaknesses could be covered, but it does have more. There is also Mold Breaker for getting rid of Flash Fire and Levitate. King's Shield is probably less effective in this meta too. The only issue would probably how would Moxie/Beast Boost affect it in a TR setting or even a regular one.

By the way, could I post here ideas of mons to unban? or maybe somehow contact you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)