Seeking advice on coming out / not coming out to friends and family

Thund, I agree completely. I just need to confirm it, but for that, I do need to be 100% sure. I need a date or something and that's hard for me. I'm shy, self-concious, and very afraid of having anyone see me. I care too much about what others think unfortunately. =/ Dating sites aren'tmy thing really- you have the uncertainty factor and I have issues with posting pics lol. I've gotta do someting and that I'm sure of!

And to razer, you got lucky with your family lol. And like you said, online is much easier. In fact, Smogon was the first to know!

Something I forgot to say: I had a hard time explaining the feelings I get to my straight bf. I didn't want to gross her out because I've seen her reactions before. Besides that, how do you tell a girl "yeah, I pitch a tent when I see a hot guy" like watching Twilight: Eclipse last night. Taylor is still gorgeous (shut up Thund! =P) but can a voice really turn you off? His is just so unmasculine. Like seriously...all that muscle and the voice of a 10-year old lolololol.

Oy vey. I'll get to Taylor in a minute.

First I wanna say that I may always seem blunt but I just want this to be as easy as possible for you.

You may be different than me though, I never had to try dating or anything to confirm my sexuality, I just knew for sure. If you think you can honestly be in a full (emotional AND physical) relationship with a female than more power to you. I love my (BAN ME PLEASE) hags and it sucks that they have to stick to these straight losers they always seem to attract, but sadly I'm just not compatible.

Like I said, your friend is still not 100% comfortable with the idea, and that's why you two aren't both out cruising for guys or anything, it takes time.

And I'd like to finish this off by saying that I'd like to cut off Taylor's extremely wide nose and force it into his mouth, hoping he'll choke.

Didn't you say most of your friends were girls? I'm pretty sure most girls don't have a problem with gays at all, so I would start with telling them first. But as far as your family goes, and from the description of your dad, it'll probably be best to just hold it off until your in college and/or out of the house before you tell them. But more importantly, when you do decide to tell them, tell your mom first because it seems like she would be more open about it. You can decide with her what would be the best way to approch your dad after that, and that will be the hardest task. The fact that he told you he would kill you over being gay before just makes me shake my head and forshadows that he will probably not accept you if he finds out, so be prepared to most likely have your relationship with him ruined when you tell him. You need to take that into consideration.

What is more important to you, your relationship you have with your father right now or having this secret completely off your chest? When you figure that out you'll know what to do.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Please, please don't take advice on this based on -FUCK-'s gender stereotypes with regards to tolerance and the roles of parents in the family. He's making absolutely terrible assumptions about people that you honestly can't afford to make. You can't take something like this lightly.

I don't normally call out people for this kind of thing, but coming out is not something to take so lightly. Please, think about what you post and make sure if you don't have experience, you at least know what you're talking about in a far more general case than your own family.

Please, please don't take advice on this based on -FUCK-'s gender stereotypes with regards to tolerance and the roles of parents in the family. He's making absolutely terrible assumptions about people that you honestly can't afford to make. You can't take something like this lightly.

I don't normally call out people for this kind of thing, but coming out is not something to take so lightly. Please, think about what you post and make sure if you don't have experience, you at least know what you're talking about in a far more general case than your own family.
Assumptions and stereotypes? What are you talking about, he's stated in the original post that his relationship with his father is a rocky one:

"didn't say anything because I was sure my Dad would kill me. In fact, he told me at a young age "If you turn out to be a (BAN ME PLEASE), I will kill you"

"..or looking for a father-figure (weird, I know) because my Dad was definately not the best"

I'm sorry, but any father that tells a young child that they will kill them if they turn out to be (BAN ME PLEASE) is not a good one. So how was my assumtion that his father would not take it well a bad one? And for his mother, again, he's stated that, while she didn't approve of it, she was calm about her daughter possibly liking girls. The fact that she asked him before if he was gay means its likely she won't have a heart attack since she's already had suspicions and frankly he did not say he had a bad relationship with his mother.

And as for the advise, all I did was suggest that he wait until he was independant before he revieled anything to his family. Why would he want to risk having his family blacklist him while he still needs their support? And I suggested that he think carefully about his relationship with his father, and if getting his secret off his chest would take a higher priority then he can make his decision. It's up to him and no where did I say "come out and tell them today! I think they will have no problem with this, don't worry! =)" I did not plainly state to do one thing over another and the outcome would be exact, I gave my opinion on it based on the information he provided in the OP and what the possible outcomes would be.

cim

I'm going more with the "girls are generally more tolerant than guys" part of your post. If you couldn't tell, I'm pretty clear in my stance on him coming out on page 2 of this thread, so I don't know why you're trying to insinuate that I'm telling him to come out to his family sooner.

Seriously, though, think it through. Tell your female friends because they're less likely to be homophobic? Tell anyone who has any contact with your intolerant parents, at all? This is basically someone's life at stake, you can't take it with such light assumptions like "girls are more tolerant". The last part of your post seems to completely misunderstand the conundrum that gay children go through when dealing with intolerant parents entirely. Being gay isn't some secret one needs to get off their chest, and it's not as simple as "all you have to do is keep it and then you can have your relationship with your father!". To trivialize it to that extent is insulting.

Seriously, though, think it through. Tell your female friends because they're less likely to be homophobic? Tell anyone who has any contact with your intolerant parents, at all? This is basically someone's life at stake, you can't take it with such light assumptions like "girls are more tolerant".
How is that a light assumption? You really think its a coincidence that openly guy males entire clicks of friends are almost always female? I can go ahead and name every single instance in school that I've know that supports that notion but I'd rather not make a long winded paragraph over something thats now moot considering he's already he's already began telling his friends. (my first post was to the OP, but now I've gone through and read most of the other posts and are more updated on what happened)
The last part of your post seems to completely misunderstand the conundrum that gay children go through when dealing with intolerant parents entirely.
Elaborate please, I'm basing my responses on his situation, not gay children universally, everyones different.
Being gay isn't some secret one needs to get off their chest, and it's not as simple as "all you have to do is keep it and then you can have your relationship with your father!". To trivialize it to that extent is insulting.
I never said it was as simple as that, don't change the meaning of my post to support yours. He wants to move forward with being gay, if you think keeping it bottled up forever is going to help him then be my guest, I'm just giving him a possible senario and how to approach it. The mother and father are the two most important role models in a persons life, so yes, it makes sense to focus in on how he would open up to them if he really feels he needs to. His mother is more tolerent then his dad (and I'm not basing this off of the "girls are more tolerent then guys" stereotype, I'm basing off of his mother's reaction to his sister's gay phase) so I feel he'll be more comfortable telling her first. As for his dad, I've already told why I beleive his dad wouldn't take this in a good way so I'm not going to keep repeating myself. I told the OP that he may need to expect his dad to never "accept" him if he finds out. Thats a very real possibilty and needs to be taken into account. Really, he should just open to his mother when he feels he's ready (hopefully when he is independant) and they can discuss themselves where to go from there with the rest of their family, since they know their family better then any of us ever will.

cim

How is that a light assumption? You really think its a coincidence that openly guy males entire clicks of friends are almost always female? I can go ahead and name every single instance in school that I've know that supports that notion but I'd rather not make a long winded paragraph over something thats now moot considering he's already he's already began telling his friends. (my first post was to the OP, but now I've gone through and read most of the other posts and are more updated on what happened)
In your school. You can always make overarching claims about society based on what you've seen in one high school. You're the expert here, of course.

And YES, I do think that. Or rather, I think you're trying to give someone shitty advice based 100% on stereotypes. Nothing bad could ever come of that!

Elaborate please, I'm basing my responses on his situation, not gay children universally, everyones different.
Lying about your identity every day of your life is something not to be taken so fucking lightly.

I never said it was as simple as that, don't change the meaning of my post to support yours.
You literally did exactly that in your last post, changing the meaning of mine to say I wanted him to come out to his parents and family. This is easy to argue against because it's fucking stupid.

He wants to move forward with being gay, if you think keeping it bottled up forever is going to help him then be my guest,
Look one sentence above please. The previous sentence you wrote.

I'm just giving him a possible senario and how to approach it. The mother and father are the two most important role models in a persons life, so yes, it makes sense to focus in on how he would open up to them if he really feels he needs to.
Look two to three sentences above please.

Seeing as there's not any advice i could give, seeing as good advice has been dispenced by people far more eloquent and worldly than me, i find myself here merely to give support.

Like has been said enough times, but could do with saying again, i would really reccomend not telling anyone that could relay to your parents until you are entirely self sufficient. It must be extremely hard keeping such a large part of you so under raps, so i commend you for it, and think it's a good thing you've told someone at the very least.

I'd also like to say it restores some faith in humanity seeing so many people being so willing to be supportive. It just makes me sad its adversity that allows us to see the best of some people, but i'm glad i get to see it anyway.

In your school. You can always make overarching claims about society based on what you've seen in one high school. You're the expert here, of course.

And YES, I do think that. Or rather, I think you're trying to give someone shitty advice based 100% on stereotypes. Nothing bad could ever come of that!
Of course, using a statistical observation is horrible, always wrong, and never amounts to anything, I'm sorry. Perhapes a source will do better:

"Other theories of the difference in homophobic reactions to male-male rather than female-female homosexual relationships simply have to do with a common sexual desire. A heterosexual man desires women. For a woman to desire women is thus more understandable than for a man to desire men, as a heterosexual man and homosexual woman share the same desire for women, but a heterosexual man cannot understand or identify with the attraction of one man to another man. Similarly, homosexual men desire men, and thus for a man to desire men is understandable to a woman who has the same desires." Source

I'll go ahead and predict your respones too:

"Good job, you got something out of wikipedia, now get a more credible source."

"What does this have to do with anything?"

I'll repeat myself again, this entire part is moot because the OP has already opened up to friends, and it really has nothing to do with Flamewheeler, but I expect you to keep beating this dead horse anyways because you appear to be hellbent on derailing my opinion.

Lying about your identity every day of your life is something not to be taken so fucking lightly.
Easy there angry bear, thats the second time you cursed. You appear to be getting angry in your responses, do you have an emotional attachment to this subject? A personal or second hand experience related to it? If you do and it's whats causing your somewhat hostile replys then I suggest you calm down. I did not reply to your first post with the intent to downplay what you've said in this thread, I'm simply backing my posts because you are challenging them. For what its worth, NO ONES advise in this thread is infallible so stop carrying your judgement that everything I say is based off of shitty stereotypes and get over it. I'm sure you know that there are exceptions to everything so of course you had to go and say that my advise is horrible because it isn't fact (no kidding, no one here knows even close to everything needed about this situation to give an infallible direction) but the exception is not the rule.

I did not come into this thread looking to refuite anyone's advise I just simply wanted to give my 2 cents (when someone posts a thread on a public forum, thats usually what they want). So I'll be the first one to say that I'm out of this arguement. It is steering this thread off course and is achieving nothing. Good day to you sir.

cim

I'll go ahead and predict your respones too:

"Good job, you got something out of wikipedia, now get a more credible source."

"What does this have to do with anything?"
Way to insult my intelligence by pulling a straw man argument out of thin air. I love how you state that you're doing that, so I know I can ignore it.

So one paragraph of prose on Wikipedia saying that people with similar sexual desires are more likely to identify with each other means you should stereotype entire genders in environments you're not even remotely familiar with? The paragraph isn't even one about a study saying "more gay men like to hang out with women" or anything like that, it's one that's just postulating.

I'll repeat myself again, this entire part is moot because the OP has already opened up to friends, and it really has nothing to do with Flamewheeler, but I expect you to keep beating this dead horse anyways because you appear to be hellbent on derailing my opinion.
You know what the word "derail" means in that context, right?

I'm not hellbent on "derailing" your opinion. As I stated before, I don't normally go on huge tangents just because someone makes a post I disagree with in Cong. I'm going to scrutinize your posts because you're giving advice, shitty advice, based on shitty stereotypes and other misinformation. A normal shitty Cong post won't ruin anyone's life. Advice posts to closeted gay people will.

If you haven't gotten it already, this has nothing to do with you.

Easy there angry bear, thats the second time you cursed. You appear to be getting angry in your responses, do you have an emotional attachment to this subject? A personal or second hand experience related to it?
My brother's gay. My best friend is a lesbian. My roommate is trans. My ex is bisexual. Between them, my other gay friends, and myself, I've been dealing with shitty parents, shitty communities, and supporting this group of people for basically my entire life.

Yeah, my emotional attachment to these people means I shouldn't be giving advice on issues I've heard about and dealt with for years, multiple times. Leave that to random Pokemon players who wander in here to up their post count and dispense the first thing they think of.

If you do and it's whats causing your somewhat hostile replys then I suggest you calm down.
Okay, I'll calm down. Not like what you post affects anyone else's life or anything. Nope.

I'm sure you know that there are exceptions to everything so of course you had to go and say that my advise is horrible because it isn't fact (no kidding, no one here knows even close to everything needed about this situation to give an infallible direction) but the exception is not the rule.
Exceptions generally become exceptions when the rule exists in the first place. They don't prove the rule.

Wow, I’ve never seen such drama over a slightly misguided post.

Anyhow I feel like I’m in a somewhat similar position that you’re in, so perhaps I’m not the best one to be giving advice (or I could be the perfect person since, as I said, I’m in a similar position), but I’ll just share some of my experiences to try to help.

I liked girls through out elementary school, and during middle school I started to like the same sex as well (other factors dealing with my hypothalamus that I won’t go into in this thread COULD have played a part in this, but that‘s besides the point). I’m not going to go through everything; basically all that was in the OP seems to apply to me as well, except my family is a little different. My father lives in a different country and I haven’t seen him for several years, so I have no idea what his reaction would be. My mother sounds similar to what you described and had asked me if I liked girls before as well. I think the fact that someone asks is important because usually the people who ask are okay with it. Maybe they’re not completely enthralled with the idea, but certainly more open and deferential towards it. Also as Thund has already stated, usually if they ask, they already know or at least have a hunch, so it doesn’t make an extreme amount of difference. If someone specifically asks you, I think that it‘s a great time to open up. In fact, the only people who know about me are the people who asked (some several times) who are my mother and one of my friends [who is a girl] from school.

Another note that was stated earlier by Thund , it’s not a big deal unless you make it one is important too. I think that could be a reason why your friend may not believe you entirely. You don’t know enough about yourself and your sexuality yet, so naturally you think ‘idk maybe‘ and then she reacts in the same ‘idk maybe’ way. The same thing happened with my mom actually. I wasn’t really clear (and still not entirely sure) about what my orientation was, so she wasn’t sure either. People’s emotional responses are not only dependent on the actual information, but the delivery of the information as well.

Thund, I agree completely. I just need to confirm it, but for that, I do need to be 100% sure. I need a date or something and that's hard for me. I'm shy, self-concious, and very afraid of having anyone see me. I care too much about what others think unfortunately. =/ Dating sites aren'tmy thing really- you have the uncertainty factor and I have issues with posting pics lol. I've gotta do someting and that I'm sure of!
From my experience, caring about what others think isn’t really about everything and everyone around you - whether they‘ll accept or hate you doesn’t matter. It’s more individual-centered. As cliché as it may sound, it’s more about you knowing and accepting yourself; being comfortable with who you are, therefore, you will inevitably care less about what others think. Caring (or the lack of) about what others think is not something that one can turn on and off. So, honestly, when people say don’t worry about this or what others think, etc. it’s not of much use. I used to think that I didn’t care what others thought, but until I really understood and expressed myself more, I realized how much I really did care. It’s like I was consciously saying and thinking that I didn’t care, while my unconscious was still struggling with insecurity. Something that worked for me was putting myself in a vulnerable position(s).

For example, I had been involved in drama for a majority of HS, but I had never tried out for the school plays. My junior year I decided that I would definitely attempt to try out my senior year (that way if something went wrong it didn’t matter as much .-.). Much to my dismay it ended up being a musical, so I had to sing in my audition as well. I thought that the auditioning process would be nerve-racking, but I actually started talking to one of my classmates and discovered that she had never auditioned for anything either. We could relate, we practiced outside together, and had a great time. Our auditions went very well and we both ended up singing in front of the whole room since nobody had heard us before and most of the people there sang all the time anyway. This is something I (and probably her too) never in a million years would’ve imagined myself doing.

This was a major turning point for me, and after that, I felt more confident and secure. Everything was not perfect, and things now are certainly still not, but it was definitely a step in the right direction.

Basically what I’m saying is, find something that you enjoy where you can be vulnerable, but not uncomfortable enough to never want to do it again, If you find that, I think you’ll be less self-conscious and begin to see more opportunities opening up for yourself. Then it won’t really matter what others may think. I still find myself day-by-day s l o w l y growing more confident and looking for opportunities with that vulnerability factor (recently I changed my ‘Interested In’ status on face book from women, to ‘blank’ lol. It’s not saying that I’m gay or straight and most probably didn’t even notice that I changed it. However, it was still a physically little, while figuratively huge step that made me feel better and more confident.

Another thing that seems to help me is watching shows that may have non-heterosexual characters or situations in them since there are much less of them (remember mikey on RR? haha). I guess it kind of ties back to the relating factor, and makes one feel like they're not the only ones going through it; it gives you a sense of hope, maybe false hope, but hope nonetheless.

This is probably totally off base from what you may work for you, and you probably already know all of this but I thought I’d at least try. I’m not trying to tell you how to live your life, but this is just what I discovered works for me, so if it works for you great, if it doesn’t, no harm done I suppose. Good luck, I'm interested to see where this goes!

Something I forgot to say: I had a hard time explaining the feelings I get to my straight bf. I didn't want to gross her out because I've seen her reactions before. Besides that, how do you tell a girl "yeah, I pitch a tent when I see a hot guy" like watching Twilight: Eclipse last night. Taylor is still gorgeous (shut up Thund! =P) but can a voice really turn you off? His is just so unmasculine. Like seriously...all that muscle and the voice of a 10-year old lolololol.
I feel the same way sometimes when I want to or start to talk about guys with my friend as well. I just feel like they may not want to hear all that, but maybe that’s something I need to get over. I think this may have already been asked, but do you know/are you friends with an guys who are or may be gay? I’m friends with at least one guy (and I’m pretty sure two others) who is gay and even though he doesn’t know that I am, my conversations with him are much easier and different, as they are with the other two as well (I’ve also known all of them for several years so that probably helps). If and when I felt like sharing this with him or them I think it’d be much easier to talk about guys with him rather than any girl, simply because we are both guys (and have similar interests).

As a side note on Taylor, that's funny I thought the exact same thing when he popped up in new moon (which I somehow convinced myself to rent..). All of a sudden among bella and the other guy who’s name I can’t remember’s subtle voices I heard “BELLA!” and was like who the fuck is that. I think they make his voice sound even more obnoxious because they talk so low and disjointed for whatever reason.

In fact, he told me at a young age "If you turn out to be a (BAN ME PLEASE), I will kill you" (no lie).

I told my brother the same thing.

I do have a gay friend but to me it is harder to accept a close family member being one and certainly couldn't imagine my son growing up to become gay... it would be a stake in the heart.

However, when it really comes down to it my motto is 'do what makes you happy so long as it doesn't 'mess' with me.'

one thing I totally recommend is finding someone you are attracted to and interested in and begin a relationship with them, regardless of their sex. frankly, you seem to be experiencing what I was prior to my current girlfriend, i.e. sexual insecurity. I hadn't really had any experience in high school with dating girls or guys, but I always seemed to have a lot more female friends than male friends while not really having any interest in dating them. it wasn't until my current serious relationship that I realized "hey, males are fine and all, but a girl just feels right for me". I'm not saying you are gay or not, but I think it's kind of difficult for some people to understand their sexual orientation without experience dating either sex.
I think, for instance, if you have a good connection with and are attracted to a straight female/homosexual male, then you should try to start a relationship with them just to see how it feels.
I'm not saying this will turn you gay or straight, as I feel it is more of a biological notion than one of choice(though I think some people choose to feign being straight/gay out of fear of rejection, etc.), but by actually having an intimate connection with someone you may be better able to understand yourself. some people, such as Thundddd, can easily understand their sexual orientation. but for people such as you, myself, and some of my closest friends, it isn't easy without actually experiencing intimacy(one of my best friends actually went the opposite direction of me; he first dated a guy and just didn't feel what he thought he should, so he broke it off, met a girl later on, and has dated her ever since).
tl;dr: if you are not sure of yourself, it may take having an intimate relationship(NOT necessarily referencing sex) to understand, and if there is someone you feel a very strong attraction and connection with, see how a relationship with that person feels for you.

And that's exactly how I feel! The problem is that I am just so shy and self-concious. I never feel like any girl or guy would date me. =(

In terms of friends, you can always find people who share your interests.

I'm 6' 3" and weigh 180 pounds, however I cannot stand watching sports (besides the Superbowl, but who doesn't watch that?... and sometimes soccer). The only sport I do is rowing because my hand - eye coordination is something terrible (I still blink when a ball comes at me). It turns out for me that drama-geeks are pretty cool people, and they won't really judge you if you come out. I mainly share your interests of video games and just laughing and talking with people.

It might be different in the South (as I can tell you're from by your avatar) as it seems like they might not accept gays as easily up in NY, but I'm sure there are some people that will like you for who you are.

And that's exactly how I feel! The problem is that I am just so shy and self-concious. I never feel like any girl or guy would date me. =(
yeah, I felt the same way, as I had a lot of general muscular/skeletal problems that hindered me from such things as exercise. I also have a very inward and hateful personality, so I tend to be sort of alone.
but once I entered college, I realized that I would have to talk to SOME people if I were to ever get anywhere, especially as a scientist(bio. major). so I found an exercise that suited me(cycling 1.2.3. go!), talked to people, found out some people were like me, and that I wasn't so disgusting to the senses, and actually got hit on quite a lot, by females and males alike. 8D
you should probably work on your self confidence before doing anything as far as your sexuality is concerned, just so that you do feel that you know yourself well and don't end up questioning yourself every day.

"If you turn out to be a (BAN ME PLEASE), I will kill you"

I'd start by watching Twelve Angry Men.

In all seriousness, if your family is that anti-gay, I'd bascially separate your love life from them. If and when you plan on getting married, you'll definitely be comfortable enough to ignore their opinions about your sexuality. It's up to you, but if they feel that strongly, telling them you're gay only causes problems, with no reward.
I'm not really sure if you're in college or what, but communities like college are pretty excepting of gays. The majority will simply not care, especially people who you think of as real friends. I'd rip off the bandaid and tell them, because from there everything is easier.

I think he is bi, not gay. ( I've read most of the first page and skimmed throught the last).

My advice is : your parents probably know aldready. Too bad isn't it?

When I was 14, I was in love with my cousin. I was affraid. So very affraid that my family would find out. Probably as much as you. And you know what? They have guessed it all along. How's that for a plot twist?

If your parent are the sort to care about you, chances are they at least suspect your sexuality.

As for your dad. Personally I would bet my own life on the fact that he would not kill you.

But all in all, it all comes down to this : do you actually want your parents to know you are Bi ?

Very interesting thread, and Flamewheeler congrats on coming out to your best friend. I am sorta in the same boat that you are right now. I am currently out to two of my friends, my ex girlfriend whose mother happens to be a lesbian, and a friend who I work with. My father lives very far away (He lived in Georgia while I live in Ontario Canada) and we are not close at all. I don't feel like I have to come out to him at all and I likely won't.

What is different from you and I is that I absolutely love sports, which throws a wrench in the problem. I play Rugby (pretty damn well if a may say so myself) and one of the biggest thing is that there is a lot of grabbing at peoples crotches, asses and other body parts while doing scrums, rucks, and tackles. Of course, I play rugby because I love the sport, and not to get sexual pleasure out of it (I've seen it done before, and it's really creepy). If i come out, then much of the trust is gone from my team mates which can really ruin the team.

I've planned on coming out to my family sometime in the near future, while waiting for Highschool, and for club rugby to be over to "come out" when I go to university. I will simply be straight when during next year (Grade 12b) and during the Rugby season and when I go to uni I won't hide anything (I've got the best rainbow belt to wear!) Honestly coming out to my mom won't be hard at all.

Also to help anyone out with anyone whose parents are christians, there are two things you should know that will really convince them.

The first thing is that Homosexuality is not mentioned at all in the New Testament. And as christians know, the laws of the old testament do not apply to us. If your parents say that Homosexuality is a sin regardless of what the New Testament does not say, then say that eating that pork chop last week will net you a direct ticket to hell.

The second is that all sins are equal. Every single person on this earth has sinned. Whether it was that you looked at a girl and got a boner, told a white lie to a parent, or anything else everyone has sinned. Does that mean you are going to hell? Not if you have accepted Jesus as your own personal savior and accepted him into your heart. (coming from an agnostic theist)

TL:DR? If a christian mentions anything about the old testament, mention pork. If they say that you go to hell because it's a sin regardless say that They are a sinner too.

Well, I guess I put it wrong, but I do like sports. I'm not in love, but I do play...I just can't stand to watch them much. Unless, it's like the super bowl or something. I've been talking to a dude for the past week or so and I'm gonna see where it goes. I wanna find someone and get a relationship going. And with my bf now knowing, she may just be able to help me. She has excellent "gaydar" as she puts it lol. Thank for the advice guys. I think I know where I'm heading. I actually think my confidence is getting a boost from somewhere- I've been posting pictures a little more. I need an effin workout plan or personal trainer! I want to get back in shape...I remember how good it made me feel. Wish me luck!

Hmm... I'm a bi-sexual myself, yet I've never met any gay person with half the problems you have. I still need to come out, which would be easier on me seeing as how my family and friends (some of which are already gay, lol), don't judge on people's sexuality... Besides, my sister, older brother and some cousins already know.

Anyway, good luck, and I hope it works out. One thing that really bothers me is your father. I would be very wary of him...

So I have an update! =D

About 2 0r 3 weeks ago I came out to another close friend- she happens to be gay herself, so I didn't expect too much of a reaction...lol and behold, I was right lol. She was like ok..so that went fairly well. And then we had a long talk about haters and shit. xD

And today- this one had to be my greatest so far- I came out to my Mom. She actually took it very well. After all, my sister is bisexual or something- at least she claims to be. ~.~ Somehow we got on the subject of gayness and she told me "I just don't want any surprises like after you leave to the university. (She hates surprises!) I don't want you to get some girl knocked up and turn out to be gay. Are you?................Are you gay?" So I told her...and then we had a major crying fest in the drive-thru at McDonalds. It was very emotional and she was reassuring- she told me that she would love me no matter what and acknowledged my sister's "confusion" and how she didn't reject her. She actually told me she would stand by me as I came out to whoever else and suggested that my brother and aunt should be first. I now only need to muster up the courage. Thank you again guys for all of your support! I wouldn't have made it this far without you...is that sad? Advice from fellow pogeman players. xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)