SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I'm barely anything into the game (just did the first nemona fight) and man

thsi game feels like it is going to fall apart at a moment's notice. I had the entire lighting engine turn off for me during the start selection cutscene.

Like I knew the performance issues were goign to be obvious but you reaall do feel it even when there's nothing catastrophic like those capture sequence examples.

So are the starters shiny locked? I assume yes, but I also assume we can breed shiny versions of those?

And do we have a list of all of the new Pokemon that need an item to evolve, and which items those are?

So are the starters shiny locked? I assume yes, but I also assume we can breed shiny versions of those?

And do we have a list of all of the new Pokemon that need an item to evolve, and which items those are?
They've never shinylocked breeding.

Capsakid is Fire Stone, Tadbulb is Thunder Stone, Cetoddle is Ice Stone, Charcadet is Auspicious Armor for Armarouge and Malicious Armor for Ceruledge, Bisharp to King Gambit requires holding a Leader's Crest.

I spent half an hour idling in picnic with 2 male pawmi, 2 female pawmi, 1 male ralts and 1 female ralts.
No eggs in the basket.

I just left the academy for the first time, after getting the 3 main quests. Is there anything else I must do before my pokémon can lay eggs? Or does it really take that long without sandwiches?

I spent half an hour idling in picnic with 2 male pawmi, 2 female pawmi, 1 male ralts and 1 female ralts.
No eggs in the basket.

I just left the academy for the first time, after getting the 3 main quests. Is there anything else I must do before my pokémon can lay eggs? Or does it really take that long without sandwiches?
Can take very long without sandwitches.
However you can just buy egg-power stuff from most cities (incuding the first one)

Legends Arceus certainly could have been markedly worse about it, at least

anyway whoooooooo wants to test affection!!!!

A RECAP on the assumption that Affection & Happiness work similar to Gen 8
-Happiness & affection are now rolled into one thing
-Friendship evolutions now proc at 160
-Up to 179 points, no bonus go into effect
-In SWSH, you are locked at 179 until you do something that breaks past it. Camping, Curry and Following Pokemon all did this (despite what bulbapedia says, Following Pokemon absolutely breaks it) as does apparently the EV reset berries. Bulbapedia also claims that it still must use these methods to continue increasing Happiness (following absolutely still does this just btw) since the other methods 0 out but I have doubts.
-In BDSP the lock wasn't there at all, everything all the time increased it.
-Once you breached 180 you would start to see Affection effects. Early onset affection would be messages showing up in battle and shaking pokemon.
-Incidentally Legends Arceus had no affection at all. but we know gen 9 has it so....oh well.

OK so Chansey is in the game so this should be a much easier time to check. Its base friendship is 140, a mere 20 away from Blissey and a hypothetical mere 40 away from the lock (if there is one)

My ideas for testing are as follows:
-The baseline Chansey: just normal usage, probably primarily through level ups. Supposedly exp items didn't give extra happiness in SWSH but we'll ignore that. Once you hit Blissey you should be within earshot. Who knows how far you'll have to go to really confirm, but shouldn't take too long.
-The slightly less baseline Chansey: like above but you're willing to use more items on it. There's lot of little ones like the Berries but can't rule out that other items might now break it too.
-The runner Chansey: Chansey but you just run all around Paldea using Let's Go. Following Pokemon really seemed to just sky rocket affection despite what the data appears to say. Occasionally go into battles to check the messages and probably evolve at some point. This one especially relevant to anyone wanting to use Pawmot since it's evolution method requires Let's Go. Probably also use Let's Go to collect items and stuff
-The picnic Chansey; a Chansey you just let out for picnics, but not feeding anything. Probably best to use one of the baselines as a starting point here. Basically does merely having Chansey out in a Picnic increase friendship and break the affection barrier
-The sandwich Chansey: i mean we can all kind of assume without any insight that making sandwiches probably does increase affection but like, gotta know. for the data.
-The cafeteria Chansey: you can just buy sandwiches so like does eating those also increase affection or is it only the ones you make. Are they made with love?!

It should also give an idea of how quickly these things start increasing.
These were my test plans but i am nowhere near a point to test it myself; i was hoping people who had the game for longer would be able to chime in but understandably that didn't happen

Has anyone figured out how affection works in this game yet? I’m terrified to touch anything food-related or let my Pokémon walk around, lol
I’ve been using the picnic stuff quite frequently and the only thing I’ve had so far is my Pawmot survive a hit due to it, but that was a while ago. I haven’t had the “lost status” or “critical hit wanting to impress you” ones yet

I want none of that smoke, until there's confirmation that store sandwiches don't raise affection, I'm not even doing that.

Except with mons that I do want to breed to use the eggs in-game.

Does anyone have a picture of Paradox Virizion's full Violet book entry in-game? The only one circulating right now just shows the sketch half, wondering if the text is any different from Paradox Suicune's.

A bit bummed out. The music glitched for the elite 4 and champion on my switch, only looping the first 5 seconds, making the experience kinda miserable rather than exciting. The 'performance' issues didn't really annoy me much, but man that was horrible. I hope they patch it quick before more people reach that point in the story.

I didn't expect Paradoxes to be so...forthcoming in the game. Like Arven literally leads with Great Tusk, yo ucan just read the entire Scarlet Book the moment you set foot in the library and you can just read the Occulture articles that talk about all the other paradoxes. It lays pretty much everything about them on the table if you're willing to read about them.

Now that I wasn't looking for Frigibax, I was damn near tripping on them in that cave center in Glaseado.

Got Bagon, Gible and Frigibax, both male and female. I got a Dreepy too, but just a male.

Gonna breed a bit. Open World fukkery is so fun.

The game feels like it has a memory leak though. It's also pretty buggy. Docked and undocked, with the game installed on the Switch's internal memory.

It's not unplayable like Twitter is trying to paint, but I'm pretty sure it got a memory leak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)