SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Not to say it'll be good or make Sawsbuck a staple, but still its interesting as its faster than Togekiss and only 5 points slower than Jirachi.
Probably not OU but I can definitely see this have strong potential to be annoying in NU or even RU. Kinda neat tbh.

Shiny Slither Mane
1668231073277612.png
Man i love that design and color scheme.

h.PNG

How many Iron Fist users do we have in game?
A bit more specialized than Protective Pads but still a cool item. Honestly i don't think you'd even need iron fist to abuse it. Not directly an upgrade but i can think of several good users *cough Iron Hands cough*.

If it helps, I think Ting-Lu comes from 鼎錄 dǐng lù (as in dinglu, a kind of tripod cauldron) and 鹿 (deer) also as in this work of literature, the "Yu" part of Chi-Yu comes from 玉 (a precious stone or jade) and 魚 (fish), Chien-Pao comes from 劍 jian (sword) and 豹 bào (leopard) - I think they are meant to be pronounced like these words. I don't th
The Chien in Chien-Pao is sort of like shee-en, then, I think?
I don't know about Wo-Chien, though. I think I remember people tossing around "jianwo" as something snail-related before we knew its real name, but I don't think I ever found out what it was exactly. Khu had talked about the four of these as dinglu, yuyu, jianbao and jianwo before release, so their final names are definitely related to those!
these make sense! I guess we'll have to wait for the chinese translation to reveal which hanzi it picked for the "correct" pronounciation

or you can cheat and use the japanese one LOL

View attachment 464655
How many Iron Fist users do we have in game?
I know Crabominable is in the game and it'll like this item, boosts the power of its Ice Hammers and Drain Punches (if it keeps that move) + it appreciates not making contact.

The best user is definitely Melmetal once that's legal. It already runs Protective pads and this items gonna make its double iron bash sting even more.

So out of curiosity how is "Chien" pronounced. Is it "chi-en", "chin" or maybe something else
"chien" is actually the romanized version of the pinyin "jian"
My guess for the tone for the snail in particular would be jiān for 笺,which can mean "writing paper" or "jiǎn" for 简, which can be short for 竹简,the bamboo slips used for writing in China before paper became widespread

Last edited:

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I would like to remind everyone that Surging Strikes and Wicked Blow are both Punching moves. And Urshifu got Swords Dance this gen. Have fun sleeping on that thought.
I've been thinking this a lot about spoilers, but between Urshifu and Melmetal, I feel safe guessing this time isn't just hype. OU may want to get trigger happy with the ban hammer.

I don't know how or why a hammer would have a trigger, but the mixed up saying isn't the point. Out of all the crazy things, how is this item the thing that makes me certain that stuff will get banned?
>Pokemon has introduced two boxing glove items throughout the series' lifespan
>Hitmonchan has been prevented from using them on both occasions
There's always the DLC!

Want to bet Hitmonchan isn't in the DLC? :P

ok hey i just woke up and caught up, and ik i'm late to that discussion but i wanna bring up the fact that from what we know, Supreme Overlord doesn't announce itself. Meaning that unless you do the calcs to figure out that it has that ability, or happen to get like idk a Shadow Ball spdef drop, or have Sticky Webs up and it comes out, you wouldn't wanna bring in the Intimidate mon on it and think twice about Defogging because it COULD be Defiant instead. Which I find intriguing. Tho for like day 1, you can probably do whatever you want, since everyone will be trying out its new toy lol.

Its really good it didn't become one of those gimmick mons with only 1 (cough Toedscruel cough) ability to choose from, in case Supreme Overlord's boost turns out to be insignificant/not worth.

I've been thinking this a lot about spoilers, but between Urshifu and Melmetal, I feel safe guessing this time isn't just hype. OU may want to get trigger happy with the ban hammer.

I don't know how or why a hammer would have a trigger, but the mixed up saying isn't the point. Out of all the crazy things, how is this item the thing that makes me certain that stuff will get banned?
There is one saving grace to this nightmare; the item clashes with Urshifu's ability. Since the punches are turned into non contacts, its ability to break Protect will be nulled on everything. so you can chose more power, but you'll get have a harder time with wish stalling and protect clones.

Let’s be honest, in ANY meta, Defiant is going to be more consistent an ability than Supreme Overlord. Intimidate and Defog were always an omnipresent force, but now we’ve got these debuffing Legendary Dark types and Chilling Water basically replacing Scald.

SD is a cute idea. Defiant is the main course.
Especially in doubles/VGC. It will be a force in that format with the new sub legendaries (assuming their ability procs it like intimidate).

SO could be nasty for 6v6, though.

Last edited:
Cyclizar moveset ideas?
A bit late but here I go:
+252 Spe / 252 Atk or 252 HP (or a in between)
Regenerator
- U-turn
- Knock off
- Iron head / Ice Spinner / Coverage
- Shed tail
Holding Choice Scarf
Pair with a Slowtwin for maximum defensive synergy.
Scarf allow you to fast U-turn everything except priority (and maybe Spe Quark Drive/Protosynthesis?), allowing for maximum regenerator abuse. Knock off is always useful and Iron head if you're feeling haxy, Ice Spinner against terrain.
A slowtwin is the perfect partner as itself has regenerator on top of eating up the Mach punch and Ice shard (or anything else) that threathen Cyclizar. Slow pivoting (unless further notice, that means Chilly reception) is also good to get Cyclizar in or the threats that Cyclizar allows in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)