SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I dunno does Mold Breaker Spore necessarily accomplish a lot? That's an honest question, because when I think Spore being thrown around I think of Grass types that just absorb it. but that's not by ability, that's by typing.
I know there's some relevant abilities, Magic Guard and Overcoat and so forth, but I don't know how much those come up these days.
Yeah, Mold Breaker status moves are interesting but are relatively niche. Spore/Toxic + hazards that can't be blocked by abilities is not that much.

If anything, it's silly that the new ability is weaker than Mold Breaker for no reason. On a presumably defensively-oriented Pokemon, ignoring abilities on attacks does not make that much of a difference. There are not many useful applications of negative priority status (safe Baton Pass and PP stalling Defog/Heal Bell are all I can think of), so it mostly just slightly worsens the ability. Even if Mold Breaker is considered thematically inappropriate, it's still better to just make a direct clone than it is to tack on the pointless changes. It's just more bloat.

Actually, aside from the paradox mons, how many "titanic gnarly" pokemon do we have in this gen? I'm talking mons like Aggron, Exploud, Walrein, Shiftry, Salamence, Metagross, Gigalith, Krookodile, just the big beefy nasty mons.

I'm hoping this isn't Quaxwell's signature move. This is basically just a worse version of Inteleon's signature move, which had higher base power and more effects. At least it says it has a higher critical hit ratio, which Snipe Shot failed to mention.
Definitely doesn't sound like it's the signature move.

The signature move probably leans into the dancer aesthetic.

I think this is just supposed to be water coverage for blade based mons or an intermediate move for physical water mons

I doubt they're related to the megas in any way

BUT

Megas are stated to cause the pokemon to often go feral due to the massive stress and potentially pain of the induced mega evolution.
These Paradox pokemon do seem like feral pokemon who got unnaturally altered due to <plot reasons we don't know>

So the concept isnt too dissimilar, and I can definitely see valid reasoning for using megas as inspiration for their design
Specially considering future Pokémon can be man-made in a way, they might as well have been made based in megas on purpose, like lorewise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)