SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
New webm dropped named 第二次介绍 or "second introduction" featuring Koraidon falling and the shots we've seen earlier.
https://i.4cdn.org/vp/1667850632947816.webm
EDIT:
Twitter embed
This is a pretty weird cutscene, it feels like Koraidon is flying just fine but all the sudden has like bad stomach pain and crash-lands on the beach. Maybe with sound it's easier to make sense of what is going on but for the moment this is scripted rather awkwardly as there doesn't seem to be a particular reason for the crash. Could depend a lot on anything which happens prior to this cutscene and the intro one, or things we learn after meeting back up with it.

female crocs and gators are called cows
And neither are bulls or cows.
If your pattern theory has to play “Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon” for a piece to fit in, then that pattern doesn’t exist. Otherwise what is stopping me from claiming that the Fire starters are based on Disney characters?
Charizard is Maleficent
Typhlosion is MacBadger
Blaziken is Donald Duck (ehhh close enough as many Zodiac supporters would say)
Infernape is Terk
ect.
Just because you can connect 2 things in your head (many of them contradicting each other and needing some long connection) doesn’t mean they are actually connected.

This is a pretty weird cutscene, it feels like Koraidon is flying just fine but all the sudden has like bad stomach pain and crash-lands on the beach. Maybe with sound it's easier to make sense of what is going on but for the moment this is scripted rather awkwardly as there doesn't seem to be a particular reason for the crash. Could depend a lot on anything which happens prior to this cutscene and the intro one, or things we learn after meeting back up with it.
Its "pay-to-fly" subscription ran out

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Koraidon's elytra broke mid flight

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
I think its really funny that we still got no new names shown by the leaker (and there is a possibility tomorrow's trailer just teases paradoxes without revealing names, like the UBs). By all means we technically still can't be too sure that the names are fake

Yes this is just Ungaboonguss copium

If your pattern theory has to play “Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon” for a piece to fit in, then that pattern doesn’t exist. Otherwise what is stopping me from claiming that the Fire starters are based on Disney characters?
Charizard is Maleficent
Typhlosion is MacBadger
Infernape is Terk
ect.
Just because you can connect 2 things in your head (many of them contradicting each other and needing some long connection) doesn’t mean they are actually connected.
yet male and female crocs and gators are called bulls and cows which could be something gamefreak is pulling from and given that Feucocos evo has what seems to be an egg an attribute in some cultures give bovines paternal instincts and in the wild we do see crocs and gators with heavy paternal instincts ie they sing to their eggs

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
look I hate the zodiac theory as much as the next guy but if you REALLY wanna force Fuecoco into it somehow, the fact it has a fire chicken on its head already should make for an obvious rooster connection rather than saying its a bull because it happens to be one of multiple animals that, in english, can be called a bull

Given that we've seen a screenshot of Koraidon laying injured on the beach... i feel like it is fleeing from something that had injured it and as it is flying it's injuries catch up to it and it can't continue further.

Edit:
look I hate the zodiac theory as much as the next guy but if you REALLY wanna force Fuecoco into it somehow, the fact it has a fire chicken on its head already should make for an obvious rooster connection rather than saying its a bull because it happens to be one of multiple animals that, in english, can be called a bull
We already have a rooster though, so I doubt it would count. Plus claiming Fuecoco as another rooster rep would be an even bigger stretch than the already stretched "male gator = bull" thing. Not only do plenty of other birds lay eggs but so do reptiles like Crocodiles and Alligators.

although if that image of gastro being included with the cows for "Year of the Ox" is really a thing then Nintendo clearly would be willing to stretch definitions that far.

Last edited:
I feel like GameFreak is doing everything they can to recapture the Explorers lightning-in-a-bottle story... except actually write a compelling plot. Waking up on a beach after an accident? What's next, Koraidon forgor? Is there gonna be an apparent big bad who's actually Koraidon's long lost friend who jogs its memory on why it's in the plot? Legends: Arceus felt kinda plagiarized from Explorers and it looks like SV might follow that tradition.

Charizard is Maleficent
Typhlosion is MacBadger
Infernape is Terk
ect.
Because disney would fly down from the heavens and slap GF with a lawsuit if they even considered it. A Yugioh card of a squirrel had to be completely re-editted to avoid such a fate.

I feel like GameFreak is doing everything they can to recapture the Explorers lightning-in-a-bottle story... except actually write a compelling plot. Waking up on a beach after an accident? What's next, Koraidon forgor? Is there gonna be an apparent big bad who's actually Koraidon's long lost friend who jogs its memory on why it's in the plot? Legends: Arceus felt kinda plagiarized from Explorers and it looks like SV might follow that tradition.
...crash landing/waking up on a beach is a trope long before games were invented. Unless you mean to say the Premise of Lord of the Flies or the tv series Lost also stole from it...

You say that as if "amnesiac / lost protagonist or coprotagonist waking up in middle of nowhere" isn't the starting point of half of the JRPGs of this last decade and was a original plotline ...

By that point, I could say Explorers plagiarized half of Final Fantasy :tymp:

the thing w the zodiac can be summarized as "the chinese zodiac was made with animals that were already culturally and religiously important to chinese people, and their placement in the zodiac enhanced that importance, which led to many other mythos and folklore to be surrounded by them, which led to pop culture of places which were influenced by it to also regard these animals in important plots and tropes."

The reason most of the fire starters are zodiac based are because the zodiac animals are extremely popular and have a lot of baggage behind them AND most are also animals who are important in other regions too. Rabbits, foxes, rats, dogs, dragons are just examples of animals which you can find in culture everywhere.

“Smogon user goes to every beach in existence to say that they all give them major Explorers vibes.

And then every Persona fan in existence mobs said user to tell them that having something give them major Explorers vibes gives them major Persona vibes.”

Were the Fire starters = Zodiac people THAT annoying?
there was a time where you'd be considered an idiot to not believe it and trying to counter the fennekin placement on dog would just led people to call you a pendantic lol (i honestly do not believe a fox counts just because its a canine due to how different their cultural importance in japan is and the dog zodiac has specific traits and personalities that don't match a fox, let alone a witch fox).

it was considered canon and common knowledge until around gen 7-8, really

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)