SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

These new TM learnsets are so targetted

Like Pokemon that used to learn moves no longer them

It's fascinating
I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. Some moves like Toxic should have never been universal. It adds more depth to the game when movesets are varied.

Every single physical dark-type using Knock Off as its STAB attack, plus nearly half of all other physical attackers using it as a coverage move just oversaturates the game with a single tech.

Plus there are some moves that never sat right with me for thematic reasons. I would delete Brave Bird from Crobat's movepool in a heartbeat lol.

Bringing this over here since its a little more relevant

So per Matt...

The Masks are held items. I asked for clarification, but I don't think that applies to the Teal Mask:
Cornerstone Mask An item to be held by Ogerpon. This carved wooden mask is adorned with crystals and allows Ogerpon to wield the Rock type during battle.
Wellspring Mask An item to be held by Ogerpon. This carved wooden mask is adorned with crystals and allows Ogerpon to wield the Water type during battle.
Hearthflame Mask An item to be held by Ogerpon. This carved wooden mask is adorned with crystals and allows Ogerpon to wield the Fire type during battle.

These masks are all held items and mention the type they apply

Teal Mask A teal mask patterned after the face of an ogre. Ogerpon dropped it while fleeing up the stairs after visiting the Festival of Masks.

but the Teal Mask doesn't mention being a held item and doesn't mention adding any type

Assuming the Home Datamine wasn't just missing a maskless asset, I think this + base Ogrepon not changing color with the Teal Mask implies that Teal Mask Ogrepon is monotype and the default version of it, with the Teal Mask we pick up being a key item we give back. Then you give it a different mask and it becomes a dual type.
Considering the grassy aspects of Ogrepon and the Teal Mask, I assume (but we dont have confirmation of) that it's mono Grass type and the others are Grass/Rock, Grass/Water and Grass/Fire

This is all that gets Scald. Slowbro and Slowking are just the regular ones, not the Galarian ones.

1694573145453422.png

Hariyama, Zoroark, Zoroark-Hisui, Zangoose, Cetitan, Azumarill, Grafaiai, Wigglytuff, Oranguru, Donphan, Eelektross, Toedscruel, Cacturne, Tinkaton, Seviper, Lycanroc (Midnight), Sableye, Wo-Chien, Roaring Moon, Golduck, Kricketune, Copperajah, Muk, Raichu, Leafeon, Krookodile, Hypno, Hydreigon, Iron Treads, Gengar, Quaquaval, Cyclizar, Iron Jugulis, Iron Valiant, Toxicroak, Gumshoos, Salazzle, Gallade, Goodra, Gardevoir, Slaking, Crabominable, Banette, Falinks, Passimian, Lurantis, Hypno, Heracross, Komala, Drifblim, Greedent, Meowscarada, Weavile, Skuntank, Scizor, Klawf, Persian, Perrserker, Great Tusk, Tyranitar, Swalot, Bombirdier, Lokix, Pelipper, Pawmot, Rillaboom, Chesnaught, Decidueye, Samurott, Tsareena, Zapdos-Galar, Mewtwo, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Tornadus, Thundurus, Hoopa, Zarude, Walking Wake, Meloetta/

Clodsire, Zoroark, Grafaiai, Dudunsparce, Toedscruel, Muk, Umbreon, Hypno, Gengar, Glimmora, Iron Moth, Venomoth, Toxtricity, Toxicroak, Salazzle, Toxapex, Dragalge, Breloom, Seviper, Quagsire, Amoonguss, Houndoom, Skuntank, Vespiquen, Swalot, Spiritomb, Bellibolt, Revavroom, Sneasler, Goodra, Overqwil, Eternatus, Slowbro-Galar, Slowking-Galar

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
This is all that gets Scald. Slowbro and Slowking are just the regular ones, not the Galarian ones.

View attachment 551129

Hariyama, Zoroark, Zoroark-Hisui, Zangoose, Cetitan, Azumarill, Grafaiai, Wigglytuff, Oranguru, Donphan, Eelektross, Toedscruel, Cacturne, Tinkaton, Seviper, Lycanroc (Midnight), Sableye, Wo-Chien, Roaring Moon, Golduck, Kricketune, Copperajah, Muk, Raichu, Leafeon, Krookodile, Hypno, Hydreigon, Iron Treads, Gengar, Quaquaval, Cyclizar, Iron Jugulis, Iron Valiant, Toxicroak, Gumshoos, Salazzle, Gallade, Goodra, Gardevoir, Slaking, Crabominable, Banette, Falinks, Passimian, Lurantis, Hypno, Heracross, Komala, Drifblim, Greedent, Meowscarada, Weavile, Skuntank, Scizor, Klawf, Persian, Perrserker, Great Tusk, Tyranitar, Swalot, Bombirdier, Lokix, Pelipper, Pawmot, Rillaboom, Chesnaught, Decidueye, Samurott, Tsareena, Zapdos-Galar, Mewtwo, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Tornadus, Thundurus, Hoopa, Zarude, Walking Wake, Meloetta/

No Knock Off on Lando? There goes its crown. At least Tornadus keeps it.

Knock Off Walking Wake scares me.

View attachment 551129

Random list for Toxic, and kind of sad Gliscor doesn't get it.

Ferrets love taking things and running off with them so it's a good a learner for Tidy Up as anything.
Gligar has big ol' pincers, it's crab enough for hammering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)