Samurott

I'm rather confident that Gray/Whatever-The-Inevitable-Third-Game-Is-Called is going to introduce Shell Break to Daikenki and Blastoise, at the very least. If not, we could simply SmearglePass.

Hmm, it sucks about the swimming goggles being fake, would have been great for Daikenki.. I'm probably gonna use the attack set..

I just did a battle in which I baton passed shell break to Daikenki with 2 physical and 2 special moves. The other battler forfeited after Daikenki swept 3 of his pokemon because i had a move for everything. I'm starting to think he was made for the roll to be baton passed to. I even used white herb which helped me survive a close combat. (helps that i invested in a little defense and hp). This makes me hope for the future. If he does get this move I expect shell break mixed sweeper with white herb to be the standard set.

This is high risk high reward as it is with all baton passes. I lost three matches before hand( they had some Ubers...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it).

EDIT: The ev spread i used was 252 attack, 152 speed(was just trying to get 400+ to out speed scarfers),80 hp, and 96 defense.(last two were arbitrary. All i wanted was for the defense to get over 200 so he could survive a hit. I also chose a lonely nature because i didn't want any of his attacking stats to be hindered and I figured that he would have a defense drop anyway, hence the putting evs's into defense instead of hp. )

This makes me hope for the future. If he does get this move I expect shell break mixed sweeper with white herb to be the standard set.
Big Wotter better get this move in the next game. Until then, I'll be using that awesome SD set. I don't know why they didn't give him the move now though, he's got the shells and everything.

Probably because GF is either sadistic or uses the 3rd version to work out kinks in the previous two games, like movepools and stuff.

Probably because GF is either sadistic or uses the 3rd version to work out kinks in the previous two games, like movepools and stuff.
or they knew the power it has. we already have cloyster wrecking shit. Imagine a viable mixed sweeper doing this. now imagine the sweeper wanting the defense drop so he can get in the red zone and activate torrent. He will have 4 move syndrome though. do you carry carry icebeam for flyers and dragons or grass rope for for bulky waters. maybe air slash over mega horn for fighters like roopushin or zuruzikan.

It sucks that we have to look to a third game for our friend to shine though.

Well, until now Daikenki doesn't learn Shell Break, or has a water/fighting typing, so whatever.

I'm going to use a mixed SD set (Swords Dance/ Aqua Jet/ Megahorn/ Hydro Pump), since this way Daikenki isn't outclassed... i guess.

@joker120. I agree. It sucks immensely that we have to wait a whole year after Black and White come out here in the west for another version, but patience is a must when it comes to these games. Imo the set, like I've read many times, will depend on your team. I prefer grass knot and Ice beam combo to deal with bulky waters grounds like swampert and hippowdon, Grass types like Breloom, Roserade, and Jaroda, and dragons.

I have to agree that Daikenki has power, and it looks absolutely monstrous in a cool way...but I can't believe how BLAAAAAAND this thing is :/

"Me big, strong walrus. Me carry big, sharp sword. Me Dance. Me smash. Me wear MegaHorn on head. Me smash."

Brute, yet effective. Can't say it'll be as effective as Gyarados, but it could work.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Why is everyone talking about Shell Break? He doesn't get it, and I doubt he'll ever get it. It's not likely Shell Break will get a Move Tutor, seeing as how it's a very Exclusive Move, like it's supposed to be.

We're not saying it's going to be a move tutor move. It could be added to his level-up moves like how some versions added moves to pokemon's levels over games. like I said about scizor, he couldn't learn Bullet Punch until Platinum and other pokes couldn't learn useful moves until platinum, HG, and SS as the movepools were getting fleshed out. All we're saying is that it is a possibility.

That's what's cool about Pokemon, just about anything is possible two years after they release a new generation. Nerfs, upgrades, you name it. But heck if I'll wait for two years before I choose to play with something else with an already existing viable moveset. If I wanted to use a Pokemon with Shell Break in the current Gen, Abagoora's my man. At the moment, we got Encore for the 4th slot which can do all sorts of messing around. I know I'm not gonna be pining for a move he might not get.

I don't blame you heroic poke. No one wants to wait that long for one poke to get one move. Right now, Daikenki will serve more as a baton pass receiver or an encore poke while others take the spotlight like Shandeera, Roopushin, Abagoora, and Jaroda.

Why is everyone talking about Shell Break? He doesn't get it, and I doubt he'll ever get it. It's not likely Shell Break will get a Move Tutor, seeing as how it's a very Exclusive Move, like it's supposed to be.
but say adding it as a late level up move or a move re-learner move for every other dude with a shell. which is like three(blastoise, torterra, daikenki). It makes you wonder why gamefreak neglected those three. Starters supposedly have the most effort put in to them and the move that involve "breaking" a shell isn't given to them. At least torterra has a way of upping his speed. Blastoise is tank so taking away his defense would be a point, but at leas his stat distribution thats not awkward. Daikenki looks to be like hybrid blastoise swampert. His movepool may be shallow but the moves he does learn are good. He is just slow (slower than blastoise even O_o)

But maybe we should stop looking at daikenki as a sweeper and look to his above average hp and defenses. Do you guys think that he could be more like vapreon only less defensive and more attack oriented? having access to aqua jet makes speed issue slightly less annoying. We could go full hp and then either full defense or split ev between defense and attack. throw revenge, megahorn , and aqua jet on him.(or you can go special if you want)

Ugh. Even Jaroda gets more versatility with his support movepool and the speed to actually use them. To Daikenki's credit, he can actually cause damage even without needing a stat-up. Aqua Jet really sets him apart, plus access to MegaHorn.

I would never run a Support set with this thing that is so designed to be an offensive Pokemon.

Encore is the one move that separates it from the other Torrent Pokemon, and can give it a small niche. Access to the Bug moves, notably Megahorn, are handy for the Swords Dance set as well.

Just a minute apart, EvilMario, my thoughts exactly. Add to that passable defenses and no 4x weak and you've got something that's at least BL useable.

i wouldn't really say qua jet sets it apart as feraligator can use it too. Now, if it were a special move then empoleon would take it from him too. Even though empoleon is slow he has good typing and access to agility. Those two pokemon put daikenki in limbo. especially feraligatr since he will one day have encourage. Slap DD on him and feraligatr will probably give swampert a run for his money for best water starter.

Encore abuse does seem interesting to me but wouldn't most pokemon who do use set ups go for the 2HKO anyway?

you got a point joker120. Both Offense stats are 100 and over, and a moderate speed of 70. I think he could be a scarfer and run a mixed set with either a rash or naive nature. With Max Speed and scarf he reaches 393 speed, being only out sped by higher base speeds with the scarf or 130 base speeds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)