Resource RU Viability Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
So, I've been discussing some rankings on IRC with other users and it's time to make some nominations. I'll try to cover most things that shape my opinion in this post. Without further ado:

Cresselia: From A to A+

One of the Pokemon that benefits the most from the departure of Zoroark and Yanmega. At a first glance, all there is to this Pokemon is its gigantic defensive potential. However, it is also incredibly versatile, serving as a good win condition (mostly against stall) with its Substitute + Calm Mind set, an excellent defensive Pokemon with reliable recovery and ability to stall things out or, what really makes me want to write this nomination the most: Its ability to support other Pokemon. Lunar Dance is huge, even on defensive sets as a last move (which really allows Cresselia to glue balanced teams together, since it can both put threats in check and basically bring a weakened win condition back into the game). It also has Dual Screens, Trick Room, weather moves and enough bulk and Speed (base 85 is actually pretty decent) to guarantee it can set those up most of he time. Overall, it is the superior pure Psychic-type for a myriad of roles, with Reuniclus being better as a OTR and dedicated Calm Mind Pokemon.

Spirit sniped me with these 2 nominations, so I guess I'll just back him up:

Cobalion: From A to A+

I have a lot of support for this one, and I think it is metagame defining enough to be bumped up. It is sort of versatile, being able to run a set with Taunt, Stealth Rock and Volt Switch, which has a stellar match up against a lot of common Pokemon (Gligar can't Defog against it, Kricketune and Omastar can't set their hazards up, Accelgor only gets one layer of Spikes, Doublade can't set up Swords Dance on it etc), a Swords Dance set of its own with either Substitute or Taunt (or take a more offensive approach, although Virizion and other Pokemon are probably better for that one) and a Calm Mind set to lure Doublade, Gligar and other common switches for something else to sweep. It sits at a good Speed tier, can tank Physical hits really well thanks to its excellent Defense stat and typing (even some super effective ones in a pinch) and is the pivot of choice for a lot of teams.

Virizion: From A to A+

Last nomination to A+. Although it lacks the versatility of the aforementioned Pokemon, it is downright hard to keep in check outside of Doublade, which lacks recovery. A Swords Dance with Close Combat, Leaf Blade, Stone Edge and either a Lum Berry or a Life Orb decimates a ridiculous amount of teams and has a lot of opportunities to set up, especially if carrying a Lum Berry. It can also run a Calm Mind set with Taunt or a Hidden Power of choice to lure specific Pokemon, although I'm not going to mention it due to lack of experience with it. Virizion also keeps some common Pokemon in check, such as any Sharpedo that doesn't carry Zen Headbutt, Rhyperior and Jolteon. It has good synergy with a lot of common Pokemon, including the Psychic-types which are increasing in usage, Water-types and some others, virtue of its typing, although this is more of some trivia rather than reasoning, since basing changes on teammates is sort of shaky in most of the cases.

Lanturn: From B- to B

Faces a lot of competition from Slowking and Alomomola as a Water-type and a lot of Electric-types as a Volt Switch user, but in the end, I feel it is worthy of moving up. Unlike Alomomola, it doesn't give up momentum for free, thanks to Volt Switch, and has a lot of options Slowking can't afford, such as the previously mentioned Volt Switch and Heal Bell. Thunder Wave and Toxic could also be mentioned, since most Slowking run Assault Vest and can't use those. It checks some of the most powerful Pokemon, such as Moltres and Delphox. It can tank hits from the likes of Meloetta and Cobalion if needed.

So, since I'm tired of writing by now (although I haven't written that much), I'll keep the last three nominations short, since they aren't all that relevant anyways.

Kricketune: From C+ to B- or B

I have a lot of posts about this one if you search in the thread, although last time I didn't have a lot to back me up. However, this time, there are more people who have witnessed its potential, and a RMT mostly dedicated to it, made by Arikado, which you can find here.

tl;dr: It defines an entire playstyle, supporting ridiculously strong Pokemon such as Exploud and actually has a good lead match up against a lot of Pokemon, unlike other inferior Pokemon with Sticky Web (which I'll talk about soon enough).

Scyther: From C to D

Looks solid on paper, but its huge 4MSS really keep it from shining. For example, a perfect Swords Dance Scyther set would look like this: Swords Dance / Aerial Ace / Bug Bite / Knock Off / Brick Break / Roost / Baton Pass, and the list probably goes on. Its weak typing also make it hard to find opportunities to set up, and even if it does, it still has a solid amount of checks. Its Choice Band set probably has a niche, with a strong U-turn in a metagame where Psychic-type Pokemon are on the rise, but I'm not too sold on that either.

Leavanny: From C to D or Unranked

I refuse to have another huge argument about this one, so I'll quote two older posts and hope everyone understands this nomination:

It isn't even close. Kricketune isn't pure Defog bait like Leavanny is, that alone invalidates Leavanny's use. Not to mention that Kricketune can cripple just about everything with Knock Off and potentially cripple a slower target with Endeavor. Leavanny's advantages over it are ridiculously minute. It might do better against opposing Taunt users, but it's not as if those Pokemon are that common anyway and Magic Coat is a 50/50 at best. I could see Kricketune in B-, but I'd prefer if Leavanny was removed completely.
The point is that Leavanny, while definitively having a niche (although I'm not too sold on it), instaloses against anything that uses Defog (Gligar, Golbat, even Skuntank), which isn't really the point of a Sticky Web lead.
Last, but not least:

SAVIOR DOG: From Unranked to S++

Prepare your anuses, Rarely Used.

Last edited:
I support most of the noms by Pearl and Spirit, but as far as the other ones go, I really don't think Bronzong should drop; it's stall's best answer to the likes of Mega Abomasnow, is a great answer to Rhyperior, and is actually better than Registeel in the fact that it doesn't get completely boned by Dugtrio, has arguably better offensive presence, and isn't worn down by Spikes. If anything, it should stay, if not move up to B+, as it's really hated on for no good reason, and only has a Knock Off weakness as a flaw in comparison to Registeel.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There's two I'm going to comment on because I feel I have a lot more experience with them than most:

Cobalion: Everyone who is familiar with RU, follows me on Twitter, or is around IRC / PS! knows how much of a fan I am of Cobalion. The SD set is very flexible and CM is a fantastic lure for offensive teams, but the set I feel defines it rn is the Support set. Cobalion has an amazing typing and a unique, yet great support movepool that features SR, Volt Switch, and Taunt. This allows Cobalion to be what I feel to be the best lead in the tier atm. It can scout with Volt Switch, set Rocks, and / or Taunt opposing leads depending on what it's presented with. Very flexible and is able to utilize its bulk to keep things in check throughout the game. Also worthy to note that Close Combat still does ~50% to Druddigon and it 2HKOes Virizion 100% of the time so long as you spare 96 HP EVs and put them in Attack. Great mon, and in a tier being infiltrated by Psychic-types, haivng a Fighting-type that has a means of keeping them from setting up is really cool. A+ rank for sure imo.

Virizion: I've used Virizion since late RU Beta and every team I have used it on, it's been able to put in good work. Virizion's primary set is SD as it crushes a lot of top physical walls thanks to its unique STAB combination. Stone Edge bones Moltres and Delphox while Zen Headbutt prevents Weezing and Amoonguss from walling Virizion. It's certainly a great Pokemon and has been for quite a long time. Being able to check Sharpedo (beware of Zen Headbutt) Rhyperior, Jolteon, the rising Rotom-C, and some others I'm probably not thinking of atm. It has multiple opportunities to set up SD, has the special bulk to take a hit or two from most faster special attackers (not Scarf Tres or Scarf Fox obviously) and it can easily take advantage of Knock Off to give it an extra boost in power. Worthy of A+ rank.

Virizion
Without stupid Yanmega the only reason i am not using it in every offensive team i make is Doublade. This Pokemon provides so much utility against balanced teams it is not even funny with its fuckton of resistances, awesome speed tier, ridicolous Special Bulk (only 5-8% less bulky than Florges with same investment lol), a strong STAB, and the ability to break common cores like Gligar+Slowking (bar Acro variants) and switch into Bully Ground-types like Rhyperior, Sandslash and bulky Water-types, especially with a Lum Berry.
The fact that it somewhat deters Knock Off spam is a bonus too.
DEFINITELY A+

Cobalion

Another pretty good mon. High Speed, very good bulk, ability to hit decently hard thanks to move BP :), killer support movepool with moves like Taunt, Stealth Rock, and Volt Switch, and the ability to go SD while being unpredictable (Magnet Rise, Sub, Taunt, SR, 3 Attacks, w/e). Fine with moving this up to A+

Lanturn

A Moltres switch in that doesn't insta lose to pursuit and can gain momentum Heal Bell, spam that broken shit move Scald and Thunder Wave and be a good Pivot in general against other shit like Jolteon.
I don't really think it deserves to move up tho because it is worn down very easily, has very low offensive presence, and while it checks Electric types better and can abuse Heal Bell Gastrodon and Seismitoad are usually better choices if you need to take on electric types as they have similar Bulk and recovery moves or an equally good support movepool. Also the competition from Slowking as a Fire types check is too big. Stay B-

I might make a more in depth post in Scyther defense because it is awesome at beating a lot of defensive cores and checking threatening offensive and bulky offensive Pokemon and Psychic types with Hazards Removing support. For example it shits on cress so badly which is awesome for balance, deals with Gurdurr, beats Sharpedo, non SE Cobalion without Iron Head flinches (+2 AA does like 65), ZHeadbutt Viri, Aroma, Moltres with Sr (and you live Scarf Flamethrower in a pinch I guess), Slowking, Amoonguss, Gligar, Reuniclus, Abomasnow and beats Hitmonlee and 4/5 of S Rank with Defog Support. knock Off+AA+SD+Roost and can beat a lot of stall teams with Heal Bell support alone (and seriously Brick Break and Bug Bite are total shit the only other move I'd consider is Baton pass over Knock or Roost). It needs defog or Rapid Spin but it is pretty easy tk fit on balance and so i think C is fine

I nominate vivillon to B rank. Its a pretty good sweeper. its ability compound eyes gives it a accurate hurricane and acurrate sleep powder. its also a awesome lead too. its a formidible sweeper that requires preparation.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright, time for some big updates etc etc

Virizion up to A+ rank
Cobalion up to A+ rank
Druddigon up to A+ rank
Ambipom down to D rank
Bronzong down to B- rank
Granbull up to B rank
Sigilyph up to B+ rank
Cofagrigus down to B- rank
Combusken up to B+ rank
Rotom-C up to A- rank
Regirock up to C- rank
Victreebel down to C rank
Xatu up to B- rank
Sawk down to C rank
Lanturn up to B rank

I'd like to see some more discussion on Cresselia, Pangoro, Tangrowth, and Tyrantrum before moving them (especially Cresselia since i both personally disagree w/ it and i feel like A+ is getting a little bloated).

Might make a nomination of my own if testing later goes well/spirit doesnt do it first.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Qwilfish to B+. I don't see a reason why Accelgor and Omastar are in B+ while Qwilfish isn't. It has access to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, Taunt (so this means it wins against Omastar, Kricketune, and limits Accelgor to 1 layer), and Explosion to psuedo-block its hazards. The only thing it might lose to is Taunt Cobalion which kinda blows tbh. I understand it lacks Stealth Rock, but t.spikes are just so good rn, especially against HO. Qwilfish has a favourable matchup against HO just because of that. The only grounded Poison-types are Skuntank and Drapion, both of which aren't so common on HO, but they still count (amoonguss doesn't).

Outside of the suicide lead, Qwilfish can use a bulkier spread and function well on balance/semi-stall teams thanks to Intimidate and its good typing, being able to check a few threats. It also has Scald, making it a somewhat good Doublade check as Shadow Claw does poor damage even at +1 (assuming SD + intimidate), and Scald can burn in return.

Bottom line is, Taunt + good speed + spikes/t.spikes + explosion to psuedo-spinblock = good shit, as good as omastar/accelgor if not even better imo. deserves B+

edit:

Tyrantrum: I like it a bit. Physical sweeper that hits hard at +1 and can potentially bypass Gligar, and has strong coverage with EdgeQuake and Ice Fang alone. The problem is that it has shit SpD and it can't outspeed Dugtrio and Jolteon at +1 assuming Adamant.. and without Adamant it kinda hits like a pussy. This is what I'd call 'Dragon Claw Dragonite Syndrome', where it just doesn't hit hard enough for a sweeper and doesn't outspeed enough Pokemon even at +1/+1, especially considering the STAB it uses has 80% accuracy. Additionally, it's weak to Mach Punch, and LO on it kinda contradicts its natural bulk so yeah. C+ (where it is) is fine for it imo.

Barbaracle: Underwhelming is literally what Barbaracle means. It literally wishes it could hold 3 items and have 6 moveslots but alas, it can't. It suffers from item syndrome (lol) AND severe 4MSS as well as being underwhelming in general imo. It's outclassed as a sweeper by a lot of other things including DD Tyrantrum which is kinda better tbh, even though its slower. I've used SS Omastar and while the lead set is probably worth using a lot more than SS, it did way better than Barbaracle. It also wants to run all of Stone Edge, Razor Shell, EQ, Cross Chop, and Poison Jab but it can't. It's damage output is underwhelming even at +2, and it wants to use LO to boost damage but can't because then it would be too prone to revenge killing. It likes Lum Berry to set up on status but same as LO it loses lots of bulk. It likes White Herb but its too weak with that. etc. Not to mention Adamant is still outrun by Scarf Delphox. It can't break Doublade and takes a ton from Iron Head + Shadow Sneak. It can't wish of breaking Alomomola. It's weak to Mach Punch and using LO/Lum makes it worse. None of its moves besides EQ and Poison Jab have perfect accuracy which fucks it over a lot of the time. etc. should drop to C+ imo.

Last edited:
Qwilfish to B+. I don't see a reason why Accelgor and Omastar are in B+ while Qwilfish isn't. It has access to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, Taunt (so this means it wins against Omastar, Kricketune, and limits Accelgor to 1 layer), and Explosion to psuedo-block its hazards. The only thing it might lose to is Taunt Cobalion which kinda blows tbh. I understand it lacks Stealth Rock, but t.spikes are just so good rn, especially against HO. Qwilfish has a favourable matchup against HO just because of that. The only grounded Poison-types are Skuntank and Drapion, both of which aren't so common on HO, but they still count (amoonguss doesn't).

Outside of the suicide lead, Qwilfish can use a bulkier spread and function well on balance/semi-stall teams thanks to Intimidate and its good typing, being able to check a few threats. It also has Scald, making it a somewhat good Doublade check as Shadow Claw does poor damage even at +1 (assuming SD + intimidate), and Scald can burn in return.

Bottom line is, Taunt + good speed + spikes/t.spikes + explosion to psuedo-spinblock = good shit, as good as omastar/accelgor if not even better imo. deserves B+
I agree with Qwilfish rising but Taunt cobalion isn't bad stopping all hazard setters is real good and then being able to set up you own rocks or volt switch out for momentum is real good, it's also a great switch in to dark types like sneasel who is becoming more common then able to force a switch and hit someone with a +1 close combat or get rocks up again if they have been removed. Ones of his main switch ins will be moltres and even if rocks are up a +1 volt switch hurts plus you can bring your counter in.

Tangrowth should probably go down to B-
Like Atomicllamas said there is very little reason to use it over something like Amoonguss because while it has a bit less physical bulk it lacks that useful Fighting resistance, immunity to Toxic, ability to absorb Scald that I feel is very useful because when I choose a Grass type I usually like that it can check Bulky Water types repeatedly and actual special bulk that let's it take on mixed attackers like Sharpedo.

Amoonguss poison typing let's it deal with Physical attackers like Hitmonlee and Virizion so much better resisting their main Stab and /or hitting them in return (Virizion can just SD twice and 2hko, hitmonlee 2hkos iirc).
Offensive sets don't have much merit too because it can't really check that much without investment and is walled by common shit like Golbat and said Amoonguss anyway meaning it has literally nothing over, say, Sceptile which isn't even that good.
I don't know why would anyone use a physical set but there is Virizion for that who is a million times better.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alrighty, time for that nom

nominating Steelix up from C- to somewhere around the B-/C range.

At first it was assumed that Steelix was completely outclassed in the RU metagame with the advent of Registeel and Rhyperior, but my experience using Steelix has actually been pretty positive so far and i think that it has enough to seperate itself from both of them to be ranked a little higher.

Over Registeel, Steelix has access to Roar to phaze out opponents that might attempt to set up on it, which is absolutely crucial for full stall teams. Registeel often ends up set up bait for various threats in the RU tier such as Swords Dance Doublade, while Steelix simply doesn't care about them at all and forces them back right out like it's nothing (on another note, Steelix is actually one of the best possible Doublade checks in RU lol). Steelix also has the physical bulk advantage over Registeel, as well as some actually decent offensive presence. Steelix's base Attack stat might still only be a mediocre base 85, but its high BP STAB moves make up for it (max BP Gyro Ball and Earthquake), and against faster, frailer teams these two moves can actually REALLY sting. Steelix could even possibly run a bulky offensive set involving Sheer Force, but i haven't tested that out yet.

Over Rhyperior, Steelix has its typing. Rhyperior's typing is honestly pretty poor and leaves it weak to some common offensive types: types Steelix has to worry significantly less about (neutral to Grass and Ice, only 2x weak to Water, resistant to Steel). Outside of that, Steelix's Steel-type gives it resistances to types Rhyperior wish it could, such as Psychic, Bug (Escavalier), Dragon (Outrage locked Druddigon), and Fairy (Occasional Slurpuff, gets worn down much more slowly vs Aromatisse). This especially comes into play against RU's various Electric-types (and really Pokemon that rely on Hidden Power in general) Steelix can beat these Electric-types much more effectively than Rhyperior can, because it's neutral to both Hidden Power Ice and Hidden Power Grass, and can take things like Choice Specs Jolteon's Hidden Power Water significantly better than Rhyperior.

TL;DR Steelix is like Registeel and Rhyperior had a baby, has positive attributes of both, and they give it enough of a niche to be placed higher than C- rank.

EDIT: another important thing to note is that steelix walls non HP fire magneton, a big annoyance for defensive teams

Last edited:

HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
I'm just gonna quote myself here.
This may sound a bit crazy, but I am nominating Kricketune for B rank. I may even go so far to say that it should be in B+ rank, but I haven't seen anyone else use it, so I feel a bit hesitant to nominate it too high. The biggest reasoning for this: Sticky Web. Sticky Web is a very, VERY powerful tool in the RU metagame. With wallbreakers left and right, a team could very well consist of Kricketune, Braviary, Doublade, and 3 wallbreakers of choice. While Kricketune can't get up guaranteed Sticky Web like Shuckle could, it has access to Taunt and Endeavor, which is absolutely amazing. Taunt stops opposing setup while Endeavor discourages sweepers from easily coming in and 2HKOing it (of course assuming Focus Sash here).

"What about against stall though?" Well, the fact that you're running it with a team of wallbreakers sort of offsets this. Also, because of Taunt, Knock Off, and Endeavor, it isn't dead weight against stall either.

"What about against Trick Room teams?" Well, Taunt stops Trick Room from being set no matter what because it has negative priority, and because most of the Pokemon on said team will be slow, you can let Kricketune take a hit, then Endeavor back.

I have been using Kricketune a lot lately and it has really been pulling its weight. I honestly feel as though it is on par with other hazard setters like Accelgor and Omastar, but I'm keeping the nomination at B rank for now until more people realise how good it is.

I don't want to put anyone on the spot, but here's a replay of Kricketune giving the right support for the rest of the team: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-156284993

tl;dr Kricketune has just the right tools to support its team immensely and is a very viable option for HO teams.
Kricketune basically holds together an entire playstyle, so I think it deserves at least B rank.

Mega Abomasnow to A
Mega Abomasnow is a great sash breaker. It basically uses a move and because of hail, the sashed pokemon dies the turn. Common sashed Pokemon include Omastar, which is normally a lead that sets up hazards. With Mega Abomasnow, instead of being able to set 2 hazards, Omastar is only limited to one Hazard due to hail. M-Abomasnow also checks many of the popular and useful Pokemon in the metagame such as Amoonguss, Alomomola, and Virizion. Mega Abomasnow has Blizzard which hits 100% of the time in hail, and is a STAB move. Although, Mega Abomasnow is slow as fuck, it has priority moves, in Ice Shard. And its Grass-type STAB could be Wood Hammer, Giga Drain, etc. Mega Abomasnow can act both as a Physical attacker or a special one or a mix. Although Mega Abomasnow has a kinda bad base Speed at 60, its Attack and Special Attack stats (both at 92) make up for it.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Mega Abomasnow to A
Mega Abomasnow is a great sash breaker. It basically uses a move and because of hail, the sashed pokemon dies the turn. Common sashed Pokemon include Omastar, which is normally a lead that sets up hazards. With Mega Abomasnow, instead of being able to set 2 hazards, Omastar is only limited to one Hazard due to hail. M-Abomasnow also checks many of the popular and useful Pokemon in the metagame such as Amoonguss, Alomomola, and Virizion. Mega Abomasnow has Blizzard which hits 100% of the time in hail, and is a STAB move. Although, Mega Abomasnow is slow as fuck, it has priority moves, in Ice Shard. And its Grass-type STAB could be Wood Hammer, Giga Drain, etc. Mega Abomasnow can act both as a Physical attacker or a special one or a mix. Although Mega Abomasnow has a kinda bad base Speed at 60, its Attack and Special Attack stats (both at 92) make up for it.
Sashes are not that common outside of spikes leads, and a sash breaker is anything with priority, basically, so it's no unique niche. I am against this move in general because you fail to mention aboma has a horrible typing in that it brings no less than 7 weaknesses, which means that it can't safely switch in on a great portion of the meta. It is a good min, but it has too many flaws to be that high.

Also, it checking Virizion must be a joke. It can't OHKO a healthy deer with ice shard and gets destroyed by CC in rrturn

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Can we just put Wobu in the E rank already? It's just a gimmick with no valuable niche and they're better Psychic types all around. Just put this trash in E rank

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn't even rate it tbh. Burn or poison it and then switch spam, its not usuable.
Actually you have to rank it because it's RU
E Rank:
bad pkmn (RU Pokemon by usage that are bad will be listed here. Everything not listed also falls in here.)
I recommend you all stop hating on Wobbuffet cause I'll make it viable somehow. I'll most likely be writing nominations later by the way.
Good luck making a mono Psychic poke who is slow as hell and has one of the shallowest movepools in the entire game viable...

Good luck making a mono Psychic poke who is slow as hell and has one of the shallowest movepools in the entire game viable...
Channel your inner BT and slap an AV on it. Honestly tho, might as well just put it at E until it dtops to NU where it rots. Gdi tiering system.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wobbuffet is only RU because it will eventually drop in NU, it just hasn't been that 'not used' yet, while Hitmonchan and Claydol have been RU since beta and thus are ranked to discourage players from using them (because they're bad.) Wobbuffet probably won't be as overrated/'overused' as those two Pokemon so I don't see a reason to rank it now.

We don't 'have' to rank it even if its in the tier. It'll probably drop to NU/PU next shifts.

alright, Wobbuffet's been added to a completely new rank (E- rank).
HAHAHA, Also Vaporeon was OU but was never rated in the viability ranking people, I know that is another tier but just because a pokemon is in the tier by usage doesn't mean they have to get ranked, like arikado just said.

Also don't kill me for this but...

I don't want to post something controversial in the rankings before running it through with you but, I think Alomomola could drop to A more so mola, my reasoning behind this is mola has to rely on burns to actually beat pokemon while is has a kinda high chance I feel that relying on hax to win shouldn't count, alot of the big hitters such as doublade, meloetta, reunc, cress, lum berry virizion even pokemon like linoone and vivillion (I think Linoone should rise to C tbh) can force it out or set up a sub and sweep depending on what pokemon, this makes pokemon even more threaten as the only pokemon that really wants to switch into a +2 virizion for example is doublade a pokemon all teams are prepared to check whether it be with sandslash fox or whatever, making it easy to get him out of the way and then for those pokes to sweep if mola ever comes in. Plus the tier has shifted alot with the rise of special attackers which hits mola in the weaker defences and it isn't nice taking more than half hp even if you have regenerator as unlike slowking she doesn't have that one turn heal making it so after she wishes she most like has to switch or protect which can be predicted and you can set a sub up or whatever without any risk if she does attacks as she isn't breaking subs with that offence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)