VGC RMT: Scarf Kyogre madness

:mad:(I was unable to add gifs and a drop-down menu as I used my phone to create this post. So please bear with me.)
Hi there, Nezblue here.
Ever since the inception of of the VGC 2016 rules, my compulsion to the game has become stronger, leading me to constantly playing VGC 2016 matches on SD! and watching youtube videos of top players like Cybertron, Yoshi and Wolfe Glick. Wanting to play with a team that can fare well against the 'Big 6' ( Groudon, Smeargle, talonflame, Xerneas, Kyogre?or Salamence? and Mega- Kangaskhan), I've formulated this team featuring the scarf Kyogre gimmick (with some inspiration).
Note: I'm not very experienced with EVing pokemon so you'll see that most of my pokemon are EV'd at 252/252/4. Also, when rating my team, please try to be creative and leave suggestions that deviate from the 'Big 6' (is crobat included in it?)
Now we're clear, let's begin.

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
Level: 50
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder

First up in my team is the main gimmick of the team- Scarf Kyogre.
What this achieves is widespread damage and a high damage output onto Pdon, unboosted Xerneas and Talonflame, pokemon which I found to be irritating at dealing with while using Primal Kyogre.
What the scarf allows Kyogre to do is send its speed above the levels Xerneas before Geomancy so that it will be left vunerable to a Extreme speed by Rayquaza.

Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 248 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Follow Me
- Dazzling Gleam

Obviously, I needed redirection from priority attacks such as sucker punch and Gale Wings Brave Bird. Therefore, I chose to use togekiss as a mean of support with it's bulk and accessibility to Follow-me. Thunderwave is meant for +2 speed Xerneas so as to prevent it from sweeping.
Initially, I used eviolite clefairy for this role because of its bulk and friend guard. However, due to it's lack of offensive pressure and speed control, it became more of a liability than anything else.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- Overheat
- Protect

I picked Rayquaza as my as my 2nd restricted pokemon because it supports the gimmick of an Air Locked water attack by Kyogre onto Pdon during the drought contrived by arguably the best primal in the VGC format. To adapt to the fast and furious pace of the metagame, I slapped a choice band onto Rayquaza over a life orb due to the fact that banded positive attack nature Mega Rayquaza is able to OHKO standard Xerneas, Primal Kyogre, Mega Kangaskhan and Ferrothorn spreads and 2HKO everything it doesn't OHKO with Dragon ascent while LO MRay is unable to do so. Despite being adamant, Overheat still OHKOes mega mawile with impunity.

252+ Atk Choice Band Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 411-484 (117 - 137.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 4+ Def Primal Kyogre: 409-483 (101.4 - 119.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0- SpA Mega Rayquaza Overheat vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Mawile: 152-180 (96.8 - 114.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Worry Seed

I pick whimsicott as worry seed helps my Kyogre stay awake and also rids the abilities of opposing pokemon. Taunt is used on pokemon such as smeargle to prevent my pokemon from entering the dark void while encore is arguably the best way to counter protect and set-up moves.

Mienshao @ Lum Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Quick Guard
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch
- Fake Out

Needing a speedy Quick guard and wide guard support, I decided to add Mienshao to the team because of its guards and Fake-Out/ Feint pressure. I choose drain punch over High Jump kick as the latter was unreliable, though powerful and I have a predilection for my HJKs to miss. Poison Jab is to take out Xerneas and other fairy types after a Water spout by Kyogre. I will be most likely changing this set the most due to my inexperience in using mienshao.

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Play Rough

Choosing Mega mawile to counter Trick Room teams and Xerneas was a no brainer. Sucker punch is a priority move capable of OHKOing talonflame, other scarfed Kyogre while play rough chunks pokemon who do not resist fairy and OHKOes dark types and dragons . Iron Head is selected due to STAB and it being an OHKO onto the ubiquitous Xerneas.
Furthermore, mawile is bulky and has intimidate pre-evolution, preventing it from being taken down by a +2 Xerneas moonblast and +1 Mega ray adamant Dragon ascent.

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 76+ Def Yveltal: 254-302 (109 - 129.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Palkia: 230-272 (116.7 - 138%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 89-105 (56.6 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Pastebin for team.
http://pastebin.com/ugHtJn7j

Last edited:

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
hey that's a cool team you got there. I'll give you some advice to try and make it better. Now I definitely suggest using Primal-Kyogre>Scarf Kyogre for many reasons. Firstly regular Kyogre's weather gets overtaken by Pdons which considering how Xerneas is commonly paired with Primal Groudon it will generally make your calc useless. Talonflame has priority so it goes before you anyway.

Now with Togekiss you may want to drop Dazzling Gleam as its pretty weak after spread and Togekiss having a low Special Attack.

Your Rayquaza set looks alright but you should use Life Orb> Choice Band as being locked into Protect really isn't good and you still get lots of good damage off. Your nature should also be changed to Naïve so you can make better use of Rayquaza's speed tier.
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Primal Kyogre: 187-220 (106.8 - 125.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Crobat: 204-242 (106.2 - 126%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Lastly on your Mienshao I recommend using Low Kick>Drain Punch as the former is generally too weak, running Protect>Poison Jab as Xerneas is demolishing you anyway and Focus Sash>Lum Berry to make up for Mienshao's frailty.

Hope I was able to help and good luck with your team :)

hey that's a cool team you got there. I'll give you some advice to try and make it better. Now I definitely suggest using Primal-Kyogre>Scarf Kyogre for many reasons. Firstly regular Kyogre's weather gets overtaken by Pdons which considering how Xerneas is commonly paired with Primal Groudon it will generally make your calc useless. Talonflame has priority so it goes before you anyway.

Now with Togekiss you may want to drop Dazzling Gleam as its pretty weak after spread and Togekiss having a low Special Attack.

Your Rayquaza set looks alright but you should use Life Orb> Choice Band as being locked into Protect really isn't good and you still get lots of good damage off. Your nature should also be changed to Naïve so you can make better use of Rayquaza's speed tier.
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Primal Kyogre: 187-220 (106.8 - 125.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Crobat: 204-242 (106.2 - 126%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Lastly on your Mienshao I recommend using Low Kick>Drain Punch as the former is generally too weak, running Protect>Poison Jab as Xerneas is demolishing you anyway and Focus Sash>Lum Berry to make up for Mienshao's frailty.

Good rate!
Just want to raise a couple of points, plus EV spreads etc:

and

Scarf kyogre still has some viability given that you have rayquaza on the team (for air lock/delta stream support on a switch-in), but yeah generally a fast primal kyogre will do a better job, as it will still outspeed most groudons whilst doing big damage to your listed mons.

I get the feeling that you would probably want to switch to a fast hyper offensive kyogre spread given your team choices but i will also include a more bulky EV spread if you want some balance on your team:

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Thunder / Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Pretty offensive spread, it's designed to fire off a fully powered water spout as fast as possible plus extra options for coverage. Thunder/Ice Beam gives fantastic offensive coverage, but you could also use origin pulse for more options at lower health

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 76 SpA / 60 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Water spout for damage early on with scald for more options + burn chance / bypasses wide guard with ice beam coverage
Here's what the EV spread does:
  • 76+ SpA Primal Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan in Heavy Rain: 184-217 (101.6 - 119.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 116 Def Primal Kyogre: 174-206 (84 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • +2 252 SpA Xerneas Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 60 SpD Primal Kyogre: 176-208 (85 - 100.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

I completely agree with Mishimono about dropping dazzling gleam, protect would be a much better pick here. As for the EV spread, this is what i would definitely recommend:

Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 4 SpA / 116 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Follow Me
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave/Tailwind
- Protect

(Spread created by Jon Hu)
It tanks tonnes of stuff from the ubers:
  • +2 252 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 116+ SpD Togekiss: 100-118 (52 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
  • 252+ SpA Primal Groudon Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 116+ SpD Togekiss in Harsh Sun: 127-150 (66.1 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
  • 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 116 Def Togekiss: 153-181 (79.6 - 94.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 116 Def Togekiss: 157-187 (81.7 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
Having xerneas' dazzling gleam be a 3HKO means togekiss can be on the field for much longer. Thunder Wave/tailwind is completely up to personal preference, so choose whatever you like :)

Wanting to play with a team that can fare well against the 'Big 6'
As for the rest of the team (and referencing this quote), i think you might be interested in this article about the japanese crobat/gengar core that is gaining some decent popularity (if you haven't seen it already), you might want to try it out. Gengar and crobat are a fantastic combo for taking down big 6 teams (and no, crobat isn't generally considered big 6) as it completely shuts down xerneas/smeargle leads (check out the article as to why) whilst having a positive matchup against most other possible leads in the archetype. If you want to put the gengar/crobat combo on this team, here is what i recommend you do:

Summary:
- Gengar-mega > Mawile-mega since you already have 2 megas, although you could use steels on the team (over mienshao perhaps) which give you a bit more bulk when switching in
- Keep togekiss, it's a great alternative to crobat and supports rayquaza well
- Mienshao now has access to focus sash now whimsicott has been switched going by mishimono's suggestion

General Game Plan:
Vs Big 6
- Lead Gengar/Crobat with Kyogre+Whatever in the back, this is explained in the article
Vs Anything else - Lead either Rayquaza/Crobat or Rayquaza/Togekiss, although Mienshao/Crobat and Mienshao/Rayquaza are fun leads

Crobat @ Lum Berry
EVs: 20 HP / 236 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tailwind
- Haze
- Super Fang
- Quick Guard

252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 20 HP / 236 Def Crobat: 139-164 (85.2 - 100.6%) -- 1.6% chance to OHKO

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 12 HP / 96 Def / 180 SpA / 220 Spe Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk 30 Def
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 12 HP / 96 Def Mega Gengar: 114-136 (83.2 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

These two sets are explained really well in the article, i wouldn't really recommend using anything else in terms of sets

Mienshao @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Low Kick
- Feint
- Protect / Quick Guard / Wide Guard

Mienshao can provide feint support as you have already mentioned, which is fantastic on a team like this, however if you want a change, Weavile is a fantastic alternative that provides extra coverage against salamence and mega rayquaza:

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Icicle Crash
- Feint
- Low Kick

Weavile needs a life orb to handle salamence-mega and rayquaza. Without it, icicle crash fails to OHKO salamence when weavile is -1, also, life orb icicle crash will also OHKO rayquaza 75% of the time. This means rayquaza will have to run either a focus sash set (which is actually great) or a choice band set:

Rayquaza-Mega @ Focus Sash
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
- Protect

Standard moves, not much to explain here, focus sash allows you to check mega salamence better

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- Waterfall
- Rock Slide

This is catalina penguin's set that they used on a gengar/crobat team. rock slide is most useful for hitting ho-oh and waterfall is a great move against groudons :)

Hope this helped :)

Thanks for the rate! What do you think about Knock-off and reckless HJK on Mienshao as an alternative to Low kick and p-jab?

Good rate!
Just want to raise a couple of points, plus EV spreads etc:

and

Scarf kyogre still has some viability given that you have rayquaza on the team (for air lock/delta stream support on a switch-in), but yeah generally a fast primal kyogre will do a better job, as it will still outspeed most groudons whilst doing big damage to your listed mons.

I get the feeling that you would probably want to switch to a fast hyper offensive kyogre spread given your team choices but i will also include a more bulky EV spread if you want some balance on your team:

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Thunder / Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Pretty offensive spread, it's designed to fire off a fully powered water spout as fast as possible plus extra options for coverage. Thunder/Ice Beam gives fantastic offensive coverage, but you could also use origin pulse for more options at lower health

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 76 SpA / 60 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Water spout for damage early on with scald for more options + burn chance / bypasses wide guard with ice beam coverage
Here's what the EV spread does:
  • 76+ SpA Primal Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan in Heavy Rain: 184-217 (101.6 - 119.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 116 Def Primal Kyogre: 174-206 (84 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • +2 252 SpA Xerneas Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 60 SpD Primal Kyogre: 176-208 (85 - 100.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

I completely agree with Mishimono about dropping dazzling gleam, protect would be a much better pick here. As for the EV spread, this is what i would definitely recommend:

Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 4 SpA / 116 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Follow Me
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave/Tailwind
- Protect

(Spread created by Jon Hu)
It tanks tonnes of stuff from the ubers:
  • +2 252 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 116+ SpD Togekiss: 100-118 (52 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
  • 252+ SpA Primal Groudon Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 116+ SpD Togekiss in Harsh Sun: 127-150 (66.1 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
  • 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 116 Def Togekiss: 153-181 (79.6 - 94.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 116 Def Togekiss: 157-187 (81.7 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
Having xerneas' dazzling gleam be a 3HKO means togekiss can be on the field for much longer. Thunder Wave/tailwind is completely up to personal preference, so choose whatever you like :)

As for the rest of the team (and referencing this quote), i think you might be interested in this article about the japanese crobat/gengar core that is gaining some decent popularity (if you haven't seen it already), you might want to try it out. Gengar and crobat are a fantastic combo for taking down big 6 teams (and no, crobat isn't generally considered big 6) as it completely shuts down xerneas/smeargle leads (check out the article as to why) whilst having a positive matchup against most other possible leads in the archetype. If you want to put the gengar/crobat combo on this team, here is what i recommend you do:

Summary:
- Gengar-mega > Mawile-mega since you already have 2 megas, although you could use steels on the team (over mienshao perhaps) which give you a bit more bulk when switching in
- Keep togekiss, it's a great alternative to crobat and supports rayquaza well
- Mienshao now has access to focus sash now whimsicott has been switched going by mishimono's suggestion

General Game Plan:
Vs Big 6
- Lead Gengar/Crobat with Kyogre+Whatever in the back, this is explained in the article
Vs Anything else - Lead either Rayquaza/Crobat or Rayquaza/Togekiss, although Mienshao/Crobat and Mienshao/Rayquaza are fun leads

Crobat @ Lum Berry
EVs: 20 HP / 236 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tailwind
- Haze
- Super Fang
- Quick Guard

252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 20 HP / 236 Def Crobat: 139-164 (85.2 - 100.6%) -- 1.6% chance to OHKO

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 12 HP / 96 Def / 180 SpA / 220 Spe Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk 30 Def
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 12 HP / 96 Def Mega Gengar: 114-136 (83.2 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

These two sets are explained really well in the article, i wouldn't really recommend using anything else in terms of sets

Mienshao @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Low Kick
- Feint
- Protect / Quick Guard / Wide Guard

Mienshao can provide feint support as you have already mentioned, which is fantastic on a team like this, however if you want a change, Weavile is a fantastic alternative that provides extra coverage against salamence and mega rayquaza:

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Icicle Crash
- Feint
- Low Kick

Weavile needs a life orb to handle salamence-mega and rayquaza. Without it, icicle crash fails to OHKO salamence when weavile is -1, also, life orb icicle crash will also OHKO rayquaza 75% of the time. This means rayquaza will have to run either a focus sash set (which is actually great) or a choice band set:

Rayquaza-Mega @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
- Protect

Standard moves, not much to explain here, focus sash allows you to check mega salamence better

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- Waterfall
- Rock Slide

This is catalina penguin's set that they used on a gengar/crobat team. rock slide is most useful for hitting ho-oh and waterfall is a great move against groudons :)

Hope this helped :)
Thanks for rating my team!
I chose to run banded adamant Ray because when paired with Kyogre against Pokemon who do not know priority attacks, eg. Salamence and Primal Groudon,
Scarf Kyogre will be able to outspeed and OHKO the Pokemon which would normally outspeed it while Banded Rayquaza would be able to outspeed and take out the other Pokemon. I chose not to run life orb as during testing, I found ferrothorn to be quite a threat and that 252+ Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 149-177 (82.3 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO while a banded Rayquaza would instantly take out the ferrothorn to prevent it from hitting and possibly taking out Kyogre.
As for the Gengar- Crobat suggestion, I find it to be quite ingenious even though Gengar has no access to priority attacks and its counters are quite common high up the SD! ladder.
For Crobat, I like the haze>taunt option very much. However, what removing mawile from the team will do is cripple it under trick room conditions. In addition, I also need a source of intimidation that will help reduce the damage output from physical attackers onto my Pokemon which are not very well physically defensive (mainly Kyogre and Rayquaza after DA). As for the move pools and sets you shared, I think that they're perfect and quite Creative. :))

If youre looking for a source of intimidation, landorus-t could definitely work (over mienshao), as it means you wont be pressured into bringing in rayquaza late game, and you will get better coverage against ferrothorn with superpower. An assault vest set means you have better coverage against both physical and special groudon sets:

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 236 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SpD / 236 Spe*
Jolly / *Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb / Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Explosion / U-Turn etc

252+ SpA Primal Groudon Eruption (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 12 SpD Assault Vest Landorus-T in Harsh Sunshine: 138-163 (83.6 - 98.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

236 Atk Landorus-T (Jolly) Earthquake vs. 12 HP / 4 Def Primal Groudon: 92-110 (51.9 - 62.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Landorus-T (Adamant) Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Primal Groudon: 102-120 (49.2 - 57.9%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO

This set will guarantee that you survive an eruption from primal groudon, and a jolly nature will allow you to outspeed all groudon sets by at least one point, whilst an adamant nature will mean more damage output whilst outspeeding max speed adamant/modest groudon, and you could run 236 Spe adamant to outspeed smeargle by 2 points meaning you outspeed stuff like Speed creep modest pdon sets etc
As for the moves, theyre really up to you, rock tomb is a nice form of speed control, the last slot is pretty flexible but since you have gengar, you can explode without worrying too much.

The trick room weakness is pretty hard to check, although one interesting switch would be zapdos over togekiss. Zapdos gets access to roar, which forces trick room users out. It would be a good alternative to togekiss since crobat is needed. But be aware that all zapdos have roar so people will be prepared for this. As for the set, this one should do:

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 196 HP / 116 Def / 4 SpA / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roar
- Tailwind / Thunder Wave
- Light Screen
- Thunderbolt

This is Necrocat219's zapdos set, and what it does is put Zapdos at 2 points faster than primals and 1 point faster than Rayquaza so that it can thunderbolt them for good damage
Light screen is for a contingency plan, as it reduces damage from special attacks by 50% so if the TR user decides to attack, you're covered :)

EDIT: Looks like i initially gave you an incorrect landorus-t EV spread, should be 4 HP / 12 SpD (i have edited it in now) plus i have included some calcs

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)