Gen 3 RMT: OU Stall oriented Team

Hello people, Eagle here. I would like to know if my stall team is good for ADV OU. Here are the Team members.

Angel (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

Here it is, My lead, Milotic. Ice Beam for Coverage, Surf for the basic stab attack, Recover to annoy with that super extended longevity and Toxic to force switches or put a poisonous time bomb on the opponent if it insists staying. I don't know if I should put Hypnosis over Toxic for putting others to sleep, even though Toxic is great for stall teams.

ursula (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish
- Thunder Wave

The best thing to ever happen among special walls before gen 5, Blissey. Seismic Toss for situations when dealing damage is the only option, soft-boiled for instant recovery, wish because wish passing is great and knowing that you can heal someone in the next turn is always great and thunder wave to put sweepers in their place. Unsure if I could stick protect in one of the moveslots.

paperweight (Forretress) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Toxic

My spikes Setter and Rapid Spinner. Earthquake to have some offensive presence and toxic because you can never go wrong with a countdown to fainting.

Navi (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Psychic
- Heal Bell
- Recover

My Cleric and Leech Seeder. Recover for the aforementioned reasons and Psychic for the basic offensive presence.

CO gas (Weezing) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Haze
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Meant to be a physical wall, Will-O-Wisp to cancel leftovers recovery and make dragon dancers useless, Haze to stop set-up sweepers and Pain Split to catch off guard switches and a form of recovery.

casper (Dusclops) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 156 SpA / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Thunder Punch

Calm Mind and Will-o-Wisp to make it work as sort of a Mixed Wall. Also my obvious choice for spin blocker. I don't know if multiple calm mind boosted thunderpunch is enough to put a dent on suicune (surely on skarmory), but I needed really bad a spinblocker and Gengar has hideous Bulk.

Problematic threats: Suicune. It's Gigantic bulk and great defensive typing makes it quite difficult to stop it from boosting with Calm Mind, especially the ones with substitute. Weezing doesn't have the special bulk to switch in a stab surf and haze, and Blissey Can't stand too much lots of Calm Mind Boosts. Gengar is problematic to everyone, although I have Thunder Wave to slow it down. Blissey: The reason why I should maybe run Sludge Bomb on Weezing instead of flamethrower and Explosion on forretress. You can't touch it with special attacks and until game freak makes a special version of belly drum, she and Chansey will keep on walling their way to the top of the metagames.

To be honest, I don't think this team can be improved. It's as good as a Stall Adv team can look. Only some variations can be made, which will make it better in some ways and worse in some others. Other than the ones you already mentioned, Vappy>Milotic gives you a secondary Wish support and makes your team basically immortal, or at least allows your Blissey to have Ice Beam, which will help against Subpunch Gengars (if anyone still uses them). It also helps against the RestTalk variant of CM Cune.

You could also use your own Suicune in that slot. The only thing I don't like about this team is the lack of Roar/Whirlwind to capitalize a bit more on the Spikes, and a set with Roar/Rest/Surf/Ice Beam will give you just that, and will keep beating Metagross, T-Tar and Salamence for you.

I would also consider RestTalk on Dusclops. Pain Split is hard to depend on, and if this guy dies and the oponent still has his spinner, your chances of winning are VERY slim. Rest/Sleep Talk/Will-o-Wisp/Damage move of your preference, between Seismic Toss/Night Shade or Shadow Ball. This will work just fine. Rest is also better than Pain Split for PP stalling, which is always an option with Dusclops' trait. And also helps against Gengar. I don't think Calm Mind will be useful in most battles, and those 156 SpA ev's will be way better used defensively.

To be honest, I don't think this team can be improved. It's as good as a Stall Adv team can look.
Yeah, no, this team is interesting but it has a ton of issues: primarily the lack of rock resist. The days when bulky waters were used as catch-all checks to physical attackers are long gone, because people realised that Milotic is just a rock slide flinch away from getting swept through by Aero. Add to the fact that Milotic can't touch Metagross (Celebi doesn't really worry it either with that set, meaning your best chance is Forry getting an EQ crit), and suddenly a lot of standard physical teams are unleashing a world of hurt on you. Changing Milo to Pert would probably fix this weakness, do that asap.

Additionally Dusclops is in no way a good spinblocker: in the long run even your funny CM set will lose to the standard spinners and get picked off by PursuitTar. I personally feel like a spinblocker is a luxury on even dedicated spikes teams as the standard spinners (Starmie, Forretress, Cloyster and Claydol) can just be abused by something they can't touch (for example Forry is usually helpless vs Gengar, Bulky Starmie is fodder for Celebi, Cloy gets set up on by SubCM Cune etc). In any case Gengar would probably fit your team better: it adds some speed control and offensive presence while threatening to dismantle other stall teams and keeping spinners wary - Forretress and Cloyster aren't going to be spinning (or doing anything else) on it anytime soon. Starmie and Claydol beat Gengar, but your Forretress abuses the hell out of those two - change EQ to HP Bug to fix that.

I'm not a big fan of Weezing but it does handle Heracross and back up Pert on defense (Milo absolutely has to be replaced), so I'd say keep it. If you were to swap it out then you'd need something for the Special side: Bliss tanks but it is in no way a one-mon army, most Specially offensive teams are going to have something that kicks its face in (like Explosion Gar, SubCM Cune), while keeping Hera checked - maybe a fast CBMence? The team's okay for a stall but honestly it ignores too many of the accepted principles of the ADV metagame (like always always ALWAYS run a rock resist) to really work (please don't say something about going against the trend cause honestly that's like saying I'm going to bring a 6-inch long stick to a machine-gun fight because no-one else is doing it)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)