• [AG] Enfin - Zangooser

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
RMT of the Week
co-hosted by Team Pokepals
approved by IronBullet and Jirachee

Ever wanted your team rated and noticed by a lot of people? Do you want all the efforts you put into testing your team, editing it and finalizing it to count? This is where RMT of the Week comes in! This aim of this project is to give people who put effort into making quality RMTs the attention they deserve. There are a lot of teams that aren't exactly archive worthy but are extremely well-built and presented, and often left in the dark. Not anymore!

The concept is fairly simple:
  • Every week, we will nominate a few teams to be candidates for the RMT of the Week.
  • These teams are put in a poll. Everyone can vote for the team they think is the most deserving of the award.
  • At the end of the week, the winner will be the team that receives the most votes.
So what's in it for the winners? Well, the winning team will be announced on social media. It will also be recorded in the Hall Of Fame, which will be posted in the OP for each week, and people are encouraged to rate it. Winning the RMT of the Week also increases the chance of having your RMT added to Team Showcase, subject to review, since it brings it to the notice of the staff. Finally, the winner will have an opportunity to give a brief interview.

Now you're probably thinking, "Why would people rate this team in particular? After all, it's no different from any other team." Yeah, maybe. But this is the perfect opportunity for all you unbadged raters to draw attention to yourselves. If you post good rates for the RMT of the Week, something that most of the staff is going to look at, you increase your chances of earning the Team Rater
What sort of teams are going to be selected for this award? If you are interested in getting your team shortlisted, here are some things that you can do to increase your chances:
  • Make sure your team is viable and effective: This one is self-explanatory. If your team doesn't fit into its tier or metagame, or lacks any kind of success, it won't have a high chance of being selected. It doesn't have to be archive worthy though, and it doesn't have to have peaked at #1; a moderately successful team can make it, but it has to work.
  • Your team should be well-presented: Wouldn't you enjoy posting in a thread more if it was visually appealing? Yeah, me too. If you put effort into presenting your team attractively, more people will be happy to rate it. We appreciate when you take time to improve the quality of their RMTs, as it enhances the quality of the forum.
  • Be nice and receptive to people's opinions: No one likes to rate a close-minded person's team!
For those whose teams are selected, don't ask anyone, be it friends or anyone else, on the forums or on PS! to vote for you. For friends of the people whose teams get selected, the same goes for you as well: please don't post the link in chat rooms to try and get people to vote.

The first time someone is caught cheating, their team will be disqualified and removed from the ongoing week. If someone is caught cheating for a second time, they will be permanently banned from the project.

Week 1:

[OU] Tripple Weather Is Stronk - Bluwing

Week 2:

[OU] Fight to the Finish - Team Pokepals

Week 3:

[UU] Rock 'N Roll Suicide - Hogg

Week 4:

[OU] Lord Cobalion and cute Mew - Costi

Week 5:

[UU] Real Friends - Shiba

Week 6:

[RU] Dance All Night - Feliburn

Week 7:

[AG] Philophobia - Dream Eater Gengar

Week 8:

[PU] 3005 - Dundies

Week 9:

[OU] Mexican Cena - Darkreaper215

1. [Uber] RefreshMence + PDon - SanjivG

2. [UU] We Are Giants - Nightingales

3. [RU] For A Boy - Miyami~~

4. [NU] i still play bp lol - iplaytennislol

5. [PU] Intermittent Drizzle - Solar Flare

6. [LC] Lets Ruin Some Lives - Fresher Than You

7. [AG] Enfin - Zangooser

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
We caught up with last week's winner Darkreaper215 to ask him a few questions about his OU RMT, Mexican Cena!

1. Can you give a brief description of your team? What do you think is the reason behind its success?

The team was built around Hawlucha as I have just found it to be a very interesting pokemon that is actually surprisingly effective as a setup sweeper. After this I just thought of what the team could do to best support a Hawlucha sweep. Life Orb Garchomp was added as it provided a way to lure pokemon like Landorus-Therian and Rotom-W that normally wall regular Garchomp and Hawlucha. The core was extremely weak to fairies and ice types so I added offensive mega scizor which appreciates the way to lure Rotom-W, and it helps the hawlucha sweep again as it weakens common checks if needed. After this, the team was extremely weak to electric types so I added a latios which provided defog for the team. Azumarill was added shortly after as offensive fairies are nice on teams and this gave me another weavile check. This made me more weak to electrics again so I added CM raikou. This provided as an electric resist, a way to beat electrics 1v1 and a special setup sweeper my team needed. I just thought of what would make this team the best to support a hawlucha sweep when building it.

I think the reason behind its success is that the team just has a lot of Win-Cons and synergy. What I mean by this is that there are a lot of ways to win the game. The team just puts a lot of offensive pressure and eventually wins by one of the setup sweepers.

2. Have you found the feedback that you've received in the forum to be helpful?

Yes I have found the feedback helpful. Most of the suggestions on the RMT forums are very thoughtful. Though some of the changes are drastic, in the end they did improve the team.

3. Is there any advice you'd like to give to future RMT posters?

Don't post an RMT just to "brag", be open to suggestions. I've seen this a lot of times on the forums when someone posts an RMT and just refuses all of the feedback they get for different reasons. Even if you don't like a suggestion, you could at least be respectful enough to try it out and showcase the result instead of flat out refusing every suggestion.

Thanks for taking the time to do the interview man, and congrats again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)