Teambuilder Repost: Default to 31 IVs on Pokémon with Hidden Power (In Generations with Hyper Training)

Kyo

In Limbo
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
National Dex Leader
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...r-in-generations-with-hyper-training.3692969/

Necro-ing this old post I made because it was marked as done a while ago and HoeenHero said this would be up sometime soon back in August of last year. Don't know exactly what was done about it, but for whatever reason it seems to remain a persistent issue on Showdown. I noticed a while back that it was still an issue but forgot to make a new post addressing it. The IVs for mons with certain hidden power types will still randomly revert to less efficient spreads because the teambuilder seems to think it's necessary. Anyway, it drives me crazy, and I would be beyond happy to see it fixed or at least know with certainty that there's a reason why it can't be fixed.
:psywoke:

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Since this was implemented previously that means this now qualifies as a bug rather than a suggestion, moving to the appropriate forum. Please add details to reproduce the issue when you are able to.

Kyo

In Limbo
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
National Dex Leader
Since this was implemented previously that means this now qualifies as a bug rather than a suggestion, moving to the appropriate forum. Please add details to reproduce the issue when you are able to.

Ty. After some testing, the main way to replicate this bug is linked to the Import/Export option.

1713189527842.png

1713189825456.png

You can see this Koko was set to 31 IVs in all stats as is optimal here with a mixed moveset. When I open the Import/Export team option, the IVs revert back to 30 in Attack and Defense. You can see above that I also manually set the hidden power type, and this does not prevent the bug from occurring.

1713189908086.png

Tested also with impish hp fire Lando and got the expected result. Same as before, I set my hidden power type manually but the 31 IVs did not stick.

This is the way that this bug pretty much always occurs for me as I see it whenever I'm exporting to the damage calculator. There might be other ways of replicating it that I'm not yet aware of. It's an issue in Gen 7 as well as Gen 8 and 9 National Dex.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)