Regenerator

Hmm, does this kinda counter stealth rock?, I mean if the opponents roar a user with this (especially if you have got 2 users of this ability), and that pokemon recovers health, doesnt that mean that 2 pokes can get close to 1/3rd (counting off ST damage) on one turn, using roar against them?

Slowbro, Slowking, and Rankurusu can't switch in with impunity since they still have to switch out for the ability to activate. Pursuit can still trap them and KO them if they try to switch out.

Kojondo seems rather interesting to me, since it's the only Pokemon with Regeneration and U-turn making it an effective scout.

I'm already excited about Kojondo being extremly fast with u-turn. With a choice scarf he's almsot bound to go first and healing any damage he might have taken. The downsides are that he wont get stab on it, and his best stab move as far as i've looked into it is high jump kick which is scary to use

Regeneration also makes Kojondo with life orb able to come in and revenge kill with fake-out/hi jump kick/stone edge and the u-turn out and end up with full health.

slowbro its the one who likes it the most since he had 2 almost useless abilityes how many times did slowbro got red health after finishing a sweeper and you think its useless now because its to slow to use slack off think again just switch and if slowbro has 252 hp evs he will get back 131 hp + what he got left its awnsome and with 95/110/80 and slack off he wont go down that easy

Shame, really. I loved using Slowbro because was so overlooked yet so effective. Now everyone will start using him. Same thing happened to Brloom. And Flygon.

*sigh*

Wow this is just....Amazing.Simply the perfect ability for most of these pokes.Not only do they not take any dammage from SR but every time they can come in it basicly heals 1\3rd of their health.This is a wonderful ability for Tangrowth,Slowbro,Slowking which already had good potential from last gen.This might actually be good enough to push them into OU.Another great abuser is Kojondo who can Spam Limitless U-turns coming into weak attacks and completely absorb the dammage while slowly chipping away at the opponent.It also absorbs Sr/Spikes as well.
Now the most important abuser of this will probably be Ho-oh.I mean this is just perfect for him.No more does he have to hear that bull shit about "But he takes 50% from SR".Besides pressure didnt help him much anyway.Now he takes only a 20% from stealth rock which is acutally less then other fliers like Ray and Lugia.
I just want to say....wow.Awesome.

What's funny is that Corsola is the ONLY Pokemon with this ability that has access to an entry hazard. If you gave it a sash and switched out right after setting up rocks, it could be a nifty lead in the lower tiers.

About Ho-oh...

Regeneration heals your HP when you switch out, which is an important distinction from switching in for it, as this will happen:

Ho-oh is at 50%
Ho-oh is switched out
Ho-oh is at 83% due to Regeneration
Ho-oh is switched in
Ho-oh is at 33% due to Stealth Rocks

Why is this bad? When Ho-oh is initially switched in to Stealth Rock at 100%, it still takes the full 50% from it.

Although Stealth Rock may not be as common this generation as it was in Gen. 4, it does not mean that Ho-oh can just avoid Stealth Rock.

Although Stealth Rock may not be as common this generation as it was in Gen. 4, it does not mean that Ho-oh can just avoid Stealth Rock.
But it at least can switch a couple times without dieing and the extra health gained is useful for surviving Life Orb as well. Sure it still hurts but it's better then it was.

all dream world abilities will be released at some point and that's all the matters so enough with the technicalities.

Looks like you got hi jump kicked in the face and were hoping Shandera could save you from it happening again and now u mad.

Honestly, as much as it pains me to say, Dream World abilities need to be banned until they are released simply because you cannot get them without hacking, and therefore they are illegal. It's that god damn simple.
You can run testruns and all that shit, but when it comes to pure competitive rules/tournaments and stuff, they need to be banned.

Thats the point....
We dont know.
Theres no reason to assume the worst.
Anyway so far they seem to be releasing the stuff at a pretty good rate.I dont see why it wont be released.
And there's no reason to assume the best, either.

They've released some starters, something difficult to get, and something kind of random. There's nothing that suggests they will or will not release it.

But back on the topic of Regeneration...

What kinds of Kojondo sets do you think best benefit from this?

^Obviously, sets that require switching in and out often, so Choice sets. Unfortunately, choice fighting is very easy to take advantage of, and HJK is a bit riskier than, say, Close Combat.

And there's no reason to assume the best, either.

They've released some starters, something difficult to get, and something kind of random. There's nothing that suggests they will or will not release it.

But back on the topic of Regeneration...

What kinds of Kojondo sets do you think best benefit from this?
Life orb and scarfers probably.

Life orb because they can heal off life orb recoil and scarfers simply because they switch out a lot especially useful when dealing with entry hazards.

I've been using the life orb set for a while, and regeneration really does help its longevity throughout the fight.

This is the set I used:
Kojondo @ Life Orb.
Ability: Regeneration(duh)
Jolly nature.
252 Attack / 252 Spe / 4 Def or SpD.
Hi Jump Kick
Fake Out
U-turn
Taunt

Payback could be used instead of taunt to predict incoming ghosts wanting to take your HJK or Fake Out.

Anyway so far they seem to be releasing the stuff at a pretty good rate.I dont see why it wont be released.
No 5th gen Pokémon has been released on DreamWorld yet (Telepathy Musharna and Daruma Mode Hihidaruma are exceptions, and they are ingame only).

Regeneration makes Mamanbou a viable option over Vaporeon. On Rankurusu it's pretty much outclassed by Magic Guard, and I doubt it will see much usage

Poor Morobareru. Ignored since everyone looked at his stats and then shoved you out of their minds.

Okay serious time! >:D Morobareru is that mushroom pig pokemon if you didn't know. It has bulky stats (114 HP/70DEF/80SPDEF) and comes with Spore. It can also switch in with ease as it has useful resistances (grass, fighting, water, electric) and a nice 4x resistance to grass. Its my Jaroda counter most of the time as leaf storm hits like paper on it and its bulky enough to survive a boosted HP ice/fire most of the time. Its also counters a few common threats of OU like that ghost Jellyfish pokemon as that thing usually comes with energy ball, and its water attacks are no threat and giga drain guarantees you'll outlast it. Mine in particular also destroys Nattorie because I gave it HP fire. I've been using the lil guy since my first day with PO and it almost never fails me.

The trick to it's success was definitely Regeneration and Spore. Whenever its sent out it always takes a small beating before it can use Spore. That damage is easily recovered with it's ability Regeneration which effectively increases it's health/longetivity by 33% or so making it arguably more bulky then most bulky Pokemon like, oh say Suicune or something (imo).

But bottom line. Try the lil dude out. Hes one my favorite regenerators. All about the spore yo.

And this was my Moro's moveset: Spore/Giga Drain/HP Fire/Substitute (Leftovers) (Regenerate)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)