SM OU Regenerator Team

REGENERATOR TEAM

Regenerator Ability: Regenerator restores ⅓ of the Pokémon's maximum HP upon switching out.

THE TEAM:

mienshao.gif
slowking.gif
tornadus-therian.gif
tangrowth.gif
reuniclus.gif
corsola.gif

This is a funny team i discovered recently which surprisingly can give some good results. I am looking for something different which could battle properly, but not inspired in the full force of stats of typical OU Pokémon, but they can present a decent fight. The idea of this composition is to hit, and switch pokémon constantly according to the type you are confronting, so this way you will be restoring HP progressively while enemy team goes down slowly.

mienshao.gif

Mienshao (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Protect

The first Pokémon you will start with. Use Fake Out to see if your oponent changes or not, or also if you can predict some Protects. Secondly go with High Jump Kick if you can deal a good damage and are faster, or go for the U-turn to switch another ally which adapts better to the type you are facing. Protect is also for winning time, in case the enemy is poisoned, if you are 100% HP, using Fake Out, Protect, Focus Sash (+ hit) and another Protect you will win 4 turns of poison doing its job, which is sure to kill the oponent.

slowking.gif

Slowking (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Good wall against advantage types, or special attackers, but its main objective is to hit hard with the suitable move. Scald is great if you can predict the change and burn any physical threat, and psychic for more damage or Ice Beam for Dragon Types. Use Protect to make the poison hurt more, and also to heal you a bit with leftovers before switching Pokémon.

tornadus-therian.gif

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Sludge Wave
- Defog

A powerful machine of special damage. Along with Life Orb equipped, its Hurricane (when it hits) is so powerful. Moreover the chance of making the enemy confuse makes without a doubt its main move. Heat Wave for those steel types (Ferrothorn, Scyzor, Steelix, Aggron, Mawile...) and Sludge Wave gives you coverage against those annoying Fairy Types. Defog for those Stealth Rock, Spikes... Also its good speed will make you attack first in many times. I was thinking in using U-Turn, but according to the damage done, i prefered one defoger and having a good coverage against teams.

tangrowth.gif

Tangrowth (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Toxic
- Synthesis

Basically the wall of the Team. This is the Pokémon you will switch in when you don't know what to use. Tangrowth can withstand pretty well all physical attacks, and many special attacks too. Go first with Leech Seed if you were hurt, otherwise go for the Toxic. Once the enemy has leech seed, just go with Protect, the way you wil be healed is insane, forcing the enemy to change, and then use Toxic in the replacing Pokémon. Synthesis for more sustain. A pretty defensive combination which some people don't expect. Knock off or Tail Whip could also be options as moves, but i prefered to go full defense.

reuniclus.gif

Reuniclus (M) @ Psychium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball

The last resort of the team. Switch only if you can predict a non-damage move or one which won't hurt you at all. Its main function when is in battle is to use its Z move (Shattered Psyche) and give KO instantly. After that you can change if you need to recover. Shadow Ball for other psychics or ghosts, Focus Blast for Steel and Dark types, and i did not know which other move use. I think energy ball can also give it a good coverage with water, rock and earth types.

corsola.gif

Corsola (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Recover
- Protect

The Special Wall. Corsola can withstand any special attack (except grass types) pretty well. Switch in if you see some special attacker which is not a threat, or a deffensive Pokémon, and go for the Stealth Rock (because this composition will make the enemy team constantly change of Pokémon). After that go full with Toxic-Protect-Recover. The most the enemy switches, the most you will have to poison them. If you can predict some Steel Type, the just go for the Mienshao HJK, Tornadus Heat Wave or even Reuniclus Focus Blast.

COUNTERS:

This strategy requires to stay alive, even if it is with low HP, one simple mistake or miss can cost you the game. You need to analyze the enemy team and try to predict what will he/she do.

Sweppers: As you need to stay alive to make this composition work, it is necessary that the hits that your team receive don't make them faint. This is why the Sword Dance, Dragon Dance, Quiver Dance, etc are pretty dangerous for this team. Kill them with advantage type, and if you can't do that, go for the Toxic, and continue protecting with your team, even if it costs 1 or 2 partners to faint.

Kartana: If this Pokémon appears, you have to kill it fast, otherwise you lost. The only options to kill it are to use HJK of Mienshao or Heat Wave of Tornadus. If you let it get beast boost then it is over.

Z-Moves, Choice Specs, Choice Banders: Basically any move with more damage is dangerous because if your Pokémon faints you won't be able to get Regenerator. This team requires a lot of experience playing so you can predict the next move of your Rival, to see when to use Protect, when to attack, when to use Toxic or when to switch.

REPLAYS
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-731846346 Perfect example of this team, Switching Battle of 40 turns, you end up having the advantage
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-731857769 Typical OU cancer team

Last edited:
Yea it is a funny team idea for sure aha.

U could try putting av into tangrowth to give urself a somewhat decent check to tapu koko, then maybe slowking over slowbro to better check physical attackers like lando-t, zygarde & garchomp.

These 2 mons fit the theme of regenerator. Here's the smogon dex sets.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power Ice
- Earthquake

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Slack Off

Nice advice about the Assaul Vest on Tangrowth, i see you bet for a more offensive tactic.

According to Slowbro, i went for Slowking because its Mega form doesn't have Regenerator. But it can be solved with Slack Off. I like this idea, but i think i would prefer Calm Mind for Ice Beam, to solve its low Special Def.

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hello !

I'm not sure anyone will rate this team because it lacks the basics of teambuilding, you cannot make a team with 6 regen users. But don't worry, i will help you a bit.
The issue is that a regenerator user is a Pivot, and a team shouldn't include more than 2 pivots. However you could try making a team around the 3 viable pokemon that are tangrowth/slowking/tornadus (i mean viable regenerator users) if you still strongly believe in the concept. Tangrowth should be AV (smogon sets: https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/tangrowth/) so as to tank greninja specs/koko/ kingdra etc, tornadus is usually okay with a Z fly, taunt, knock off, and the always useful defog. Heatwave is usable over knock off or taunt, but sludge wave is pointless.
Then, slowbro could replace slowking so as to better tank landorus T and medicham. I won't tell you what to do with the last 3 mons, try to come back with a team showing a viable teambuilding plan: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/teambuilding-guide.3552468/

In this link you can find the different playstyles and roles, and also the outline of viable playstyles, like "Outline: 0-1 Sweepers, 1-2 Breakers, 1 Stallbreaker, 2-3 Pivots or Walls, 1 SR setter, 1 Hazard Remover (due to all the pivoting) "

I hope I helped, see you with a powerful regen team!

Hey bro thanks for your wise advices. But when you say that i can't do a team full of regens, do you mean that is there any rule that ban the use of 6 regens?? I only made this team because is funny, and if anyone wants to try it. I posted it in UU because i know it can't respond in a high competitive way, but it was moved to OU here.
Anyway i appreciate your effort helping me and i will try to improve it as much as possible. The idea is to enter, hit and switch.

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hey bro thanks for your wise advices. But when you say that i can't do a team full of regens, do you mean that is there any rule that ban the use of 6 regens?? I only made this team because is funny, and if anyone wants to try it. I posted it in UU because i know it can't respond in a high competitive way, but it was moved to OU here.
Anyway i appreciate your effort helping me and i will try to improve it as much as possible. The idea is to enter, hit and switch.
I just mean that a competitive team doesn't work this way by using 6 times the same ability and seeing what happens then. If your team is just for fun/troll, don't expect it to be rated here because we raters will try to make it competitively viable. Also Tornadus is OU so idk why posted in UU. I think you should take a look to the link i gave you and also learn competitive pokemon's basics and you will understand why your team has got some problems. Cya!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)