ORAS NU Reaching NU Extremes - Offense /w Scarf Sawk Sweeper

Hey guys, this is my first RMT and my first post ever, so I hope I do everything according to the rules. Nevertheless, I wanted to share my new NU team, which started 15-2 as of now. The two losses led to changes in the team and ever since this team kicks ass.

352.gif 394.gif 467.gif 332.gif 601.gif 539.gif
First, I wanted to start with a solid bulky attacker that can react to various things. Kecleon came to my mind and even though it is often a 50/50, this Pokemon lays a solid ground by functioning as my main priority user with Fake out, Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch. Shadow Sneak also enables it to Spin Block and beat Fighting Types and everytime you sense your opponent switches out, you can set up /w Power-up Punch. Furthermore, I don't think I need to say anything about the power of Protean.

352.gif

Kecleon @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out

Kecleon is pretty solid in sp.def., but dies very quickly on the physical side, so I needed a physically bulky mon. Also the need for a defoger and a rocker brought Prinplup to my mind. This Mon can switch into nearly every physical hit, remove the hazards, set rocks and toxic a mon, as most of the time I experienced that my opponents can barely three hit KO Prinplup. So, for example, if you see a Klinklang seeting up, this Mon is the Go-To-Penguin. (+1 252+ Atk Klinklang Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Prinplup: 93-110 (28 - 33.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO)

394.gif

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Scald

After that, I needed a Special Attacker and originally I had offensive Vileplume, but I realized Specs Aurorus was a big problem should I lose Sawk, I changed it to Magmortar. This Aurorus weakness is the reason for the EV Spread. Magmortar always outspeeds, has great coverage (Psychic 2HKOs Weezing, Focus Blast OHKOs Aurorus, Thunderbolt 2HKOs Prinplup - these are the main threats Magmortar has to get rid of, Fire Blast is the usual Fire STAB, but it's also worth trying Lava Plume if you feel a bit haxy and want to increase the chances of burning Mons with Flame Body and 30% chance by Lava Plume)

467.gif

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast / Lava Plume

Having covered many things a good team needs, I obviously needed way more speed. Also Knock Off for Eviolite Mons, Earthquake for Electivire, and an Ice Move for things like Archeops or Swellow was needed. I found this coverage in Sawk, gave it a Scarf and by adding STAB Close Combat, it became my late game sweeper. As it is not that fast without the Scarf, I only EVed it to outspeed the non-Scarfers of the Tier with Swellow being the top of the bunch with max. 383 Speed. Sawks CC OHKOs most of the Mons in the Tier after Rocks after your opponents Ghost types are gone. Mold Breaker or Sturdy showed both to be viable. I chose to go the safer path with Sturdy as you can win against opposing scarfed Sawks that mostly run Mold Breaker.

539.gif

Sawk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sturdy / Mold Breaker
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

After Vileplume was gone, I needed something else to check Quagsire, namely a Grass Type. Fast, physical Cacturne was the winner, as you often lose your priority Sucker Punch user to the 50/50s i talked about before. Cacturne also helps to counter Water types and through its moveset, it has dual STAB, recovery and is able to set up. For some Fairies, you could choose to run Poison Jab over SD, but i realized it does absolutely nothing to phys.def. Audino. After adding this Cacturne, the Pawniard in my team also had to go, as triple Sucker Punch is a bit too heatah fajita for me.

332.gif

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sword Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

Originally, the last spot was reserved for a pivot switch hard hitter in Swellow, but after seeing how weak I was to Audino, I switched it out to add a Fairy counter in Klinklang. The set is pretty standard and also funtions as a set-up sweeper. It is actually the one from the SmogonDex.

601.gif

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Return
- Substitute

Summary:

Process:
Kecleon Prinplup
Kecleon Prinplup Vileplume
Kecleon Prinplup Vileplume Sawk
Kecleon Prinplup Vileplume Sawk Swellow
Kecleon Prinplup Vileplume Sawk Swellow Pawniard
Kecleon Prinplup Magmortar Sawk Swellow Cacturne
Kecleon Prinplup Magmortar Sawk Klinklang Cacturne

Roles:
Fast Sweeper: Sawk
Set-Up Sweeper: Klinklang
Fast Hitter: Cacturne
Bulky Hitter: Kecleon
Special "Wall": Magmortar
Physical Wall: Prinplup (Defog, Rocks)

Export:
Sawk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sturdy / Mold Breaker
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast / Lava Plume

Kecleon @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Scald

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance / Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Return
- Substitute

I hope you enjoy this team! I am grateful for some suggestions, as well as some clues how I can hide the sets in those bars. As I said, that is my first posting!

Last edited:
Code:
[hide="title"] Example [/hide]
The "title" space is where you put the title of the tab you are making, keep it in the quotation marks. Where I have example is where you place your information. Lastly, the [/hide] goes after the information, and that caps off the process. That's all there is to it, man. Good luck with your team!

Last edited:
I'm gonna borrow this for a session since I suck at teambuilding for NU. Mascot is Ampharos so, so you have an alias other than "Sexy_Ampharos" so I don't look condescending when I mention who built the team XD

Very happy to hear that! Problem is: I am such a bad player :D

I only know how to build :D

But I got a nice UU team right now. Hyper Offense with a pretty special gimmick! If you want to use it on Yt, just say it!

Yuuup. I plan on it. I went 16-2, One game I just got outpredicted and murked, the other game was just pure hax. Glad to see this is a team where my boy Keckleon can shine :]]]
Edit: Went on a live and went 22-3 since I lost one game due to toxic stall Combusken :[

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)