SM UU Rate this Team

I'm new to this, but after a few adjustments, I think this team works alright. But I could use any suggestions

Beedrill-Mega (M) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fell Stinger
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Drill Run

Kinda the center of the team. Fast enough to be a revenge killer. I have fell stinger in case I see an opening to make it into a real sweeper, plus with adaptabilty, fell stinger is pretty strong. I use it as the focal point of my offense to pressure the other team. Its u-turn lets it pivot, and poison jab is its main stab. drill run is good coverage.

Serperior (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Tail

Is the yin to beedrills yang as a setup special sweeper. dragon pulse has few resistances, and the vest and giga drain give it the sustainabilty to setup. Also makes it a good special wall. dragon tail is to swap out any other setups.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 188 HP / 68 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost
- Facade

Basic toxic stall. Gave it a little attack to better threaten steel and rock types, beedrill's enemies. Facade hits flying types.

Golem-Alola (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

He is a scizor killer and empoleon threat. I have him to deal with those pokemon for beedrill, or just to discourage them from coming out in general. Also gave it stealth rock just for added utility. I gave it explosion to potentially destroy a wall. I choice golem over magneton because I needed another physical attacker/physical wall more than a special one in the team.

Empoleon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Scald

This is my special wall/special attacker. Like the golem, its half utility, half attack, and helps my beedrill. Defog gets rid of stealth rocks that would destroy beedrill, especially his use as a pivot. Scald burns add utility. Ice beam is good coverage, and the teams only real check to dragons besides a setup serperior.

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

He has great coverage moves, and a sky high SpA. With his great offensive typing, he just shores up the rest of the team, making sure nothing really slips through the cracks. good wallbreaker with not many counters.

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hi n_n, Mega Beedrill is pretty mediocre in the tier rn ngl, but still a fun mon to build with regardless! This team isn't terrible or anything but it's a long ways a way from amazing. Right off the bat the first thing I notice is the Alolan Golem... which is pretty much unviable in this tier and is entirely outclassed by Magneton (even Magneton is pretty bad tbh). Another thing is the random Empoleon, it's just too passive for an otherwise momentum based offensive team. Your Gliscor set/spread is suboptimal as well, while alsoAnyways, let's see what can be done to patch some rough spots up.

- Changing Serperior to Defog Mowtom because Mega Beedrill + Defog Mowtom is prolly one of the best voltturn cores with a Mega Beedrill in it, and it just works way better here because of it's access to Volt Switch, Defog, and resistance to Bullet Punch. Hp Ice is also being used here to improve Gliscor matchup.
Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Slapping this mon here over Golem, because like I said... Alolan Golem really just isn't good in this tier atm :(. Rhyperior is decent rn because of it's ability to serve as a Mega Manectric answer as well as a burd answer (which Mega Bee appreciates). Rhyperior w/ Ice Punch also serves as a ghetto Gliscor (Bee hates Gliscor so much) check and with this spread it can serve as a last resort Scizor answer (the 36+ atk guarantees OHKO to offensive Scizors after rocks and -1 Def drop from Superpower).
Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

- CB Scizor > Empo here because like I said, Empo just doesn't really fit the voltturn play style, it's simply too passive and saps up a lot of the momentum you gain through pivoting. I'm going with CB Scizor here to maintain a decent Lati matchup, while giving Pursuit support and a slow pivot to pair with Mega Beedrill and Mowtom. The spread just creeps Klefki and dumps the rest into Hp while maxing out Atk.
Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

- Scarf Infernape works way better than Volcanion here due to this team's lack of speed control. Scarf Infernape is yet another pivot to add to the voltturn mix, but more important it's something that can reliably soften up steels (which as of rn, this team needs pretty badly).
Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot

- Togekiss comes in to improve the stall matchup and the Hydreigon matchup a shit ton. I went with Fightium Z Togekiss here to lure big bulky steels such as Empoleon and Maggron which Beedrill and others struggle dealing with a lot. Also has more offensive presence in general compared to the standard NP + Heal Bell stallbreaker set.
Togekiss @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Roost

- Basically just replacing the Fell Stinger here because it literally never works. Replacing it for T-Spikes to help chip shit and for stall matchup n_n.
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Drill Run

Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Drill Run

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot

Togekiss @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Roost

Hera ya go lad, I hope I didn't change it up too much. But I generally think it's a lot better rn n_n. Good luck my friend and lmk if you need any help, just hmu on Smogon or PS.

Last edited:
The main thing that sticks out to me is dragon tail on the serperior. After a leaf storm, no common Pokemon can comfortably set up on you. I would swap out Dragon Tail for hidden power fire so that Serperior can handle steel types. Also, the Golem's purpose as a scizor check is a little redundant with Volcanion, who can easily take bullet punches or u turns, and take it out with fire. And Beedrill has drillrun so he can deal plenty of damage to empoleon himself. Also, it's golem isnt a great check for either pokemon you mentioned. Choice Band Scizor can predict the switch and hit it with a Super Power, and and bulky empleons will be able to take a a thunder punch and hit it with a super effective scald. I would ditch him altogether, and consider a counter for common scarf pokemon like latias. This pokemone are a bigger threat to Beedrill. Replacing Golem with a pursuit trapper like Krookodile would be helpful.

Summary of my reccomendaitons:

Serperior: Dragon Tail -> Hidden Power Fire

Alolonan Golem -> Krookodile @Groundium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Sp Def, 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Stealth rock/earthquake/pursuit/knock off

I think these changes will help you without changing the basis of your team.

Hi n_n, Mega Beedrill is pretty mediocre in the tier rn ngl, but still a fun mon to build with regardless! This team isn't terrible or anything but it's a long ways a way from amazing. Right off the bat the first thing I notice is the Alolan Golem... which is pretty much unviable in this tier and is entirely outclassed by Magneton (even Magneton is pretty bad tbh). Another thing is the random Empoleon, it's just too passive for an otherwise momentum based offensive team. Your Gliscor set/spread is suboptimal as well, while alsoAnyways, let's see what can be done to patch some rough spots up.

- Changing Serperior to Defog Mowtom because Mega Beedrill + Defog Mowtom is prolly one of the best voltturn cores with a Mega Beedrill in it, and it just works way better here because of it's access to Volt Switch, Defog, and resistance to Bullet Punch. Hp Ice is also being used here to improve Gliscor matchup.
Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Slapping this mon here over Golem, because like I said... Alolan Golem really just isn't good in this tier atm :(. Rhyperior is decent rn because of it's ability to serve as a Mega Manectric answer as well as a burd answer (which Mega Bee appreciates). Rhyperior w/ Ice Punch also serves as a ghetto Gliscor (Bee hates Gliscor so much) check and with this spread it can serve as a last resort Scizor answer (the 36+ atk guarantees OHKO to offensive Scizors after rocks and -1 Def drop from Superpower).
Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

- CB Scizor > Empo here because like I said, Empo just doesn't really fit the voltturn play style, it's simply too passive and saps up a lot of the momentum you gain through pivoting. I'm going with CB Scizor here to maintain a decent Lati matchup, while giving Pursuit support and a slow pivot to pair with Mega Beedrill and Mowtom. The spread just creeps Klefki and dumps the rest into Hp while maxing out Atk.
Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

- Scarf Infernape works way better than Volcanion here due to this team's lack of speed control. Scarf Infernape is yet another pivot to add to the voltturn mix, but more important it's something that can reliably soften up steels (which as of rn, this team needs pretty badly).
Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot

- Togekiss comes in to improve the stall matchup and the Hydreigon matchup a shit ton. I went with Fightium Z Togekiss here to lure big bulky steels such as Empoleon and Maggron which Beedrill and others struggle dealing with a lot. Also has more offensive presence in general compared to the standard NP + Heal Bell stallbreaker set.
Togekiss @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Roost

- Basically just replacing the Fell Stinger here because it literally never works. Replacing it for T-Spikes to help chip shit and for stall matchup n_n.
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Drill Run

Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Drill Run

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot

Togekiss @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Roost

Hera ya go lad, I hope I didn't change it up too much. But I generally think it's a lot better rn n_n. Good luck my friend and lmk if you need any help, just hmu on Smogon or PS.

Is this a troll? You literally just made a new team that also has Beedrill on it lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)