Rate My Team, Free Cookies*

This is my Wi-Fi team. That means no Hidden Power. And It will take a while to breed for different Natures.

My team plan is to wear out the opponent's team via status (Poison, Burn and Paralysis). I want to gather lots information about the enemy before I make my endgame plan. I don't want to reveal too much of my team early, and I hope to learn all I can about the enemy team. Also note, I despise Stealth Rock, and wish to avoid using it. I would love Toxic Spike on this team, but I don’t know how to incorporate it. Also, a rapid spinner could help this team from dying to spikes, my main problem right now. Oh yeah, Item Clause fucks up my team, hard.

Edits in Bold

Machamp @ Leftovers
Ability: No guard
EVs: 252Hp / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge

He's my sleep absorbing lead. I've found that a lot of common leads (Gengar, Yanmege, Bronzong) often carry Hypnosis, so I figured my lead needed to be a sleep absorber. I'm really iffy on the EVs and Thunder Punch. I tried out stone edge, and it works great, but Machamp is still forced to switch on Gliscor.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
- Toxic
- Payback
- Wish
- Protect

My main scout. His job is to wall my enemy and pass Wish to teammates. I will always Protect the first turn I send him out to scout. The exception is when I suspect a Taunt heading my way. This guy survives lots of hits and brings my team together with Wish. Payback kills a lot of stuff, like Gengar and Deoxys-E, that would really destroy my team.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Hp / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)
- Shadow Sneak
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Punch

Yet another wall, this thing is my Pressure abuser. I really wanted an Aerodectyl with Torment/Roost/Substitute/Taunt here to really stall out my enemy while Toxic from Umbreon takes affect. I later changed to this set which does about the same thing, but not as efficiently. The good thing is that he can use Will-O-Wisp to cripple my enemies, aiding me to stall further. This thing combined with Umbreon deals with lots of Physical threats easily.

Tentacruel @ Liquid Ooze
Ability: Download
EVs: 204 HP / 96 SpA / 172 SpD / 36 Spe
Nature: Calm
- Surf
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes
- Ice Beam

Copy-Paste from the analysis. Currently in the process of breeding. I guess it will help with my MixApe weakness and provide support with Toxic Spikes.
Also takes special hits well. I might miss the Reflect from Cresselia, but I believe this is for the better.

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
EVs: 104 Hp / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Agility
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

I won this beauty in Mastadi’s giveaway and it has helped my team tremendously. Agility and Download makes this thing unstoppable. 607 SpA is nothing to laugh at because it completely destroys teams if they don’t have a special wall. If Blissey is foolish enough to come in, I go to Umbreon, and then Wish pass to my next guy.

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 40 Hp / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Taunt
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Aerodactyl has been on my team ever since I started competitive battling in D/P. As I’ve mentioned, I used to have a Pressure stalling Aerodacty, but I discontinued that one. Currently I’m using this set to revenge kill walls much like Weavile. My general strategy is to Pursuit Blissey or what not when I come in and then Taunt whatever switched in. Pursuit won’t do much damage to their Pokemon, but the idea is to play some mind games with the enemy. I really like this Aerodactyl set, and I am planning on replacing this set with that one.

Final Notes: I would really like to use Toxic Spikes, but that would mean losing access to Burn and Paralysis. I don’t know if that is such a good trade off or not. My team is designed for stalling and statusing the enemy until they’re all weakened enough for either a Porygon-Z or Aerodactyl sweep. My team sort of falls to status, so I might need a cleric. A special wall would be nice, but I really don’t find them to be a problem with CM Cress. Don’t suggest Blissey on my team, I hate that thing.​

Well Blissey would've been perfect to replace Cresselia, as it wouldn't have to have Wish as Umbreon covers that, and status absorbing is left to Machamp. Meaning you could abuse Serene Grace and cripple other teams while at the same time being hard to take down with Softboiled as a recovery move.

If you're really set on not having Blissey, then a Curselax could fit the situation if you want more power, but less survivability then the Sleep Talk variant. Either way, choosing Fire Blast will allow you to hit bulky grass like Tangrowth very heavily, meanwhile Crunch will hit Azelf or Alakazam.

You have a HUGE Lucario weakness. Standard Luke with SD/CC/Crunch kills 5 of your pokes and has an invitation ticket to come in when ur Umbreon is out. Heracross is in the same boat, it can come in on Umbreon again all day and Toxic activates Guts on top of that. To fix this, I'd definately replace Umbreon with something like Gliscor.

Another problem is that you have nothing to revenge common things like Chomp, Gyara und Mence. Aero is your best bet and it's not outspeeding anything, and it loses against Standard SD Chomp 1v1. Since this looks like a stall team you definately want to put Stealth Rock on it, but then you can get rid of Aero altogether and replace it with Bronzong. Gyro Ball/ HP Electric Zong if u can get it should work against those threats and allows you to deal some damage to them.

Now you have a big Infernape and Heatran weakness, and since PorygonZ is not going to do anything here, replace it with Tentacruel. Counters MixApe, is a good Tran switch-in and has Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin. Forretress also has Spikes, but then you would lose horribly to Tran and Nape.

Bump, because I wish to have more replies.

Another problem is that you have nothing to revenge common things like Chomp, Gyara und Mence. Aero is your best bet and it's not outspeeding anything, and it loses against Standard SD Chomp 1v1.
Aerodactyl has 385 speed with those EVs. That outspeeds Garchomp (333), Salamence (329), and Gyarados (287). I agree that SD chomps rapes my team, but that's why I want to run a bulkier set for Aeordactyl. My main strategy will be to waste all my enemy's PP by statusing them and then stalling with Aerodactyl.

My Umbreon is bait for both Lucario and Heracross, but if you read my description, you will see that I can't afford to replace it because I need wish support.

Heatran and Infernape may both kill my team, but not even ScarfTran outruns Aerodactyl unless it has a +Spe nature, which I have yet to face.
Porygon-Z is the main sweeper on my team and I can't replace it with Tentacreul, but replacing Cresselia with it seems like an good idea.

I would still ditch that PorygonZ, because it needs a team built around it, especially Agility P-Z. Getting the Download boost is very difficult and they have to switch out too to get Agility unharmed. Anyways, if you still want to use it, try this set:

Porygonz @ Life Orb
EVs: 68 HP/188 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Agility
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

gives you better coverage, and hits 526 after Agility to outspeed everything.

If I ditch Porygon-Z, my team gets walled by lots of physical things. I need that speed, but I see your point in the risk factor. I was thinking Gengar, but then I'd have 3 Psychic weaknesses, so mabye Alakazam?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)