Rate My RU Team

GoodMorningEspeon

pondering mongoose
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hi, I'm aaf.
I don't normally "ladder" on PS, but I figured I'd give it a go in my favorite tier, RU.
The team that I made, after a few small tweaks, was very good in my opinion. Although unique, it got the job done. However, I feel that there are some Pokemon that just completely wreck my team. (Sigilyph, Cinccino, Medicham, etc.) I felt that if I was given some advice, I could make my team much better. Without further ado, my team!

Also, before I get started, I want to tell you that a lot of my Pokemon are for sweeping.
Now, my team!

Swagmortar (Magmortar) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Swagmortar happens to be a really great member of my team. With a scarf, this thing outspeeds a lot hits really hard with lots of coverage.

Seafood (Crawdaunt) @ Life Orb
Trait: Adaptability
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Rock Slide

Although his base speed is rather low, Crawdaunt is great for sweeping when you get up a Dragon Dance or two. I've always wondered, though. WHY DOES A CRAB HAVE DRAGON DANCE? Anyway, I always happen to see Crawdaunt as the worst member of my team. I don't see it appear very often, which is why I really wanted to use it. Unfotunately, it just hasn't been all too useful. Either it ends up being foughtered or it just doesn't get used.

Spore (Jumpluff) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Leaf Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb

Jumpluff. Jumpluff is just awesome. Don't believe me? http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/battletower-uu-134655 Skip to turn 14. You'll be surprised. First off, Sleep Powder to ensure a free use of Swords Dance. Set up Swords Dance, and just destroy with Acrobatics and Seed Bomb. You'll be surprised how much damage this thing deals out and how fast it is, too.

Capuccino (Cinccino) @ King's Rock
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Tail Slap
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- U-turn

As you probably know, Cinccino is just a boss. Skill Link is possibly the most overpowered ability ever and with a STAB Tail Slap and a King's Rock for just pissing off your opponent, Cinccino can sweep teams with ease. And trust me, it does its job well.

Cornopalis (Machoke) (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Vacuum Wave

Machoke is definitely the most unique on the team. You'd be surprised how many Machokes are in RU. Not that many! But one with Choice Specs is one that only I use. Why do I use special Machoke instead of physical Machoke even though Machoke's attack is much higher than its special attack? To blow people's minds. This thing is just... AWESOME.

MOOOOOOO (Banette) @ Leftovers
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Confuse Ray
- Thunder Wave
- Shadow Sneak

Finally we have the annoying Pokemon, Banette. What this thing does is confuse you, paralyze you, and piss you off. That's pretty much all I can say about MOOOOOOO.

Well, there's my team. If there's anything you can do to help make this team better, please let me know!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)