SM OU Rate my Gen 7 team

So I havent played Sun and Moon yet, so maybe Im missing a mon or two that are better than the ones I have, but whatever. This is my team from looking at the list of avalible mons. And so far, I think Ive covered so many threats.

Without further ado,

Sniper (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

PoryGod-Z (Porygon-Z) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Conversion
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball

Fin Boy (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Defog

Karate Draco (Kommo-o) @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Sky Uppercut

Manny (Mamoswine) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge

The Quickster (Greninja-Ash) @ Life Orb
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

This team was supposed to start with Mega Beedrill to start with the new mega mechanics, but Beedrill cant be caught!! So mega scizor replaces as a priority AND a u-turn. Yay!!! Bulk is sorta maxed to help take hits and still able to dance.

Porygon-Z.....standard sweeper. Electric and ice are awesome together and ghost picks off the few mons that resist both (if any). Idk how else to explain this broken mon.

Tapu Fini is here to help with hazards (yay defog!) since Greninja and Proygon-Z dont want much on my side. A spinner like tentacreul might seem better, but then I realized that Moonblast is really, really, really helpful against the boxing dragon, dragons, and mega gyarados. So...yeah i need moonblast.

Kommo-o is the fourth mon and for good reason. I wanted to use him since I saw him and he fits well as a second sweeper and resists electric, which kinda boops alot of my mons. Dance and coverage are insane. Earthquake and uppercut kinda cover the same mons, but having a second earthquake user helps deal with those pesky electric types (mainly that eletric tree that everyone and their mom has).

Mamoswine is the lead-off (mostly) and immunity to electric. Stealth rock and gtfo, or faint. Moves are mostly standard, with stone edge being a filler for icicle crash (or can he learn it?)

Ash Greninja is the third sweeper. He is so helpful with priority and now that water shuriken is special, this gives him a great way to activate battle bond. Hydro pump and dark pulse excel of that insane 153 attack stat and are better than protean greninja. Ice beam boops garchomp and other dragons as well.

This team seems weird I think, but it covers most of the metagame threats. However, Im 15-0 with it and I think thats good for not knowing much about the meta game. Ive also stayed away from ultra beasts and most legendaries since I dont want to know everything about them. So maybe one of them fits my team better, but until I play I wont know. Have fun with this team and rating it!

This is a very decent team in my opinion, and I would like to suggest a few changes.

1. Tapu Fini's Special Attack is not really that high. So give it Calm Mind for bulk and offensive special boost. Replace it for Ice Beam since most of the team members have it.
  2. On Kommo-o, replace Outrage for Dragon Claw. When you are locked into Outrage, your opponent can bring out a fairy type to set up freely while you are still using Outrage.
  3. On Greninja, Life Orb is not that good since it will wear you down. I would recommend giving it Expert Belt which can make your opponent think that you are using a choice item. And then when your opponent bring out something that you can check, you use a different move to OHKO it. It's a pretty good strategy. But you could also use a Choice Specs for Greninja to Wall break too.
  4. Replace Hydro Pump with something else like Surf since it's inaccurate and bad for late game cleaning.
And now, here are some tips for using this team.

• Mega Scizor is slow, so it can move last and U-Turn into another Sweeper. Like this, the sweeper you brought in will not be damaged. If Scizor is fast, it will use U-Turn in the first turn, switch into another sweeper. Then the opponent will Attack. Meaning the sweeper brought in will be damaged. Also, I recommend you put 0 Spe IVs on Scizor. You can use it to deal with threats such as Tapu Bulu, Tapu Koko. It could also assist Greninja in Late game cleaning with Priority Bullet Punch.
  • You could use Z-Conversion on the first turn, then start to sweep. He can be also used for Late game cleaning. But it's up to you which sweeper to do so.
  • Tapu Fini is a special tank with Calm Mind that can tank a lot of hits even if Super effective. But do know that it's terrain does not allow burns and poisons. So Scald would be a pretty useless without burn. Moonblast can deal with Kingdra. It can be use to remove hazards and also weaken teams for other sweepers to clean late game.
  • For Kommo-o, make sure to set-up Dragon Dance before sweeping. Like Porygon-Z and Scizor, it can also be a late game cleaner. Switch into Scizor to keep away from Fairy types that attempt to set up on it. Also don't let it get hit my Fairy moves.
  • For Mamoswine, your should always set-up stealth rock on the first turn. If you survive later, you can also weaken teams and use Ice Shard against some threats like Garchomp.
  • Ash-Greninja is the best candidate for a late game cleaner deal to its high speed. Some items that are also suitable on it are Choice Specs and Expert Belt. He can destroy most teams that are weakened by Stealth Rock and other team members.
And that's all for my rating and suggestions. A flaw I noticed on your team is that non of your Pokemon have a fire move. So dealing with other Scizors and Ferrothorns would be a little hard. But still, every team has its flaws and weaknesses. No team is too great.

Edit : Your Greninja can also get Hidden Power Fire for those threats like Ferrothorn or Scizor. You can replace Water Shuriken for it since it's already fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)