Tournament Random Battles Team Tour VII - FINALS (Won by Team Chi-Yu)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
cohosted by A Cake Wearing A Hat and sharpclaw

Welcome to the final round of RBTT VII! It all comes down to this: a team represented by a moist leopard-dog-thing with a hexagon headpiece, or a team represented by The Snack That Smiles Back. Who will take home the gold, and the forum banner that comes with it? Let's find out!

As a note, Mystery Box will work as follows:

The match will be a best-of-three. The first battle will be Gen 9 Random Battles, and then the loser of each match picks the next format from the list of Mystery Box formats below:
Code:
Gen 2 Random Battle
Gen 6 Bring 12 Pick 6 Random Battle (/challenge gen6randombattle@@@maxteamsize=12,pickedteamsize=6,teampreview)
Gen 7 Battle Factory
Gen 7 BSSF
Gen 8 HC
Gen 8 Random Doubles
Gen 9 Monotype Random Battle

Team Chi-Yu (8) vs Team Suicune (6)
Gen 9 Random Battle (bo5): pokeblade101 vs. Referrals
Gen 9 Random Battle: Buhrito vs. Master Chief
Gen 8 Random Battle: Typhlosion48 vs. mj
Gen 7 Random Battle: LordST vs. emforbes
Gen 6 Random Battle: Xiri vs. Michielleus
Gen 5 Random Battle: peap vs. Wait2Seconds
Gen 4 Random Battle: ksicide vs. Amaranth
Gen 3 Random Battle: Xrn vs. Jisoo
Gen 1 Random Battle: chub vs. Ice Yazu
Gen 8 Battle Factory: lax vs. Eeveeto
Gen 8 BSS Factory: 3d vs. Piapia
Gen 9 Random Doubles: Idyll vs. Nails
Gen 9 Hackmons Cup: Fragments vs. Panty&Stockings
Mystery Box: MrSoup vs. livid washed

The deadline for all games is flexible, but should preferably be by Monday March 11th at 5AM UTC. Good luck, and have fun!

Last edited:
FINAL PREDICTIONS
This can totally go wrong.

Team Chi-Yu (9) vs Team Suicune (5)

Gen 9 Random Battle (bo5): pokeblade101 vs. Referrals - coinflip, but a long-awaited matchup. I've watched blade play rands for 9 years to know that with full focus free of chokes, he can pull this off. Same goes with Referrals, who is an emerging modern Gen legend. Highlighting blade based on longer experience in team tour settings.

Gen 9 Random Battle: Buhrito vs. Master Chief - having just faced Buhrito both last week and on the ladder previously, he's a calculated player who plays near flawlessly.

Gen 8 Random Battle: Typhlosion48 vs. mj - Typh returned in full form and is a renowned legend in fairy core gens. I recognize MJ's outstanding record this season and last RBTT as well, but highlighting typh on the basis of my personal experience battling them for a longer period of time.

Gen 7 Random Battle: LordST vs. emforbes - LordST has been a consistently good Gen 7 player across many RBTT editions.

Gen 6 Random Battle: Xiri vs. Michielleus - alternating between 6 and 8, his record is formidable this time around (as it has always been).

Gen 5 Random Battle: peap vs. Wait2Seconds - peap is a long running player who's been versatile in many formats across numerous editions.

Gen 4 Random Battle: ksicide vs. Amaranth - also an all-round player capable of constantly readjusting, particularly in older gens. He was my enlistee and his performance was phenomenal (and continues to be).

Gen 3 Random Battle: Xrn vs. Jisoo - anything prior to Gen 4 is well outside my area of expertise, but Xrn gives me xGangg / Anna vibes. Considerable feats this season too.

Gen 1 Random Battle: chub vs. Ice Yazu - I avoid Gen 1 like the plague, so this is a random bold. Feel free to disclude this one in the ultimate prediction result.

Gen 8 Battle Factory: lax vs. Eeveeto - both demonstrably powerful entities in this format. If Lax was facing emforbes, I would bold them on the basis that they would be energized by the insatiable desire to defeat them (watch the commentary in the last replay between 3d and luisin).

Gen 8 BSS Factory: 3d vs. Piapia - Pia is another great all-round player. Having been my personal enlistee some editions ago, I am well aware of what they can do. That said, 3d has done an excellent job this season. This is an even matchup in my view.

Gen 9 Random Doubles: Idyll vs. Nails - I have better Memori(c) of this player ruling the doubles sector across several editions. Let's see if their opponent can nail them back with a runback?

Gen 9 Hackmons Cup: Fragments vs. Panty&Stockings - Fragments legit terrifies me in HC. I can only count on Platty to put a dent in his streak.

Mystery Box: MrSoup vs. livid washed - livid's performance exceeded me this season. They bested soup in soup previously, but there is always that possibility of a comeback.

Tarrembeau

le moi est incommunicable
is a Community Contributor
Team Chi-Yu (7) vs Team Suicune (7)
Gen 9 Random Battle (bo5): pokeblade101 vs. Referrals - a battle of two ladder goat, definitely a must watch and two players worthy of the best of 5 slots
Gen 9 Random Battle: Buhrito vs. Master Chief - Buhrito is on rampage but Master Chief is also the type of player to know what's up, I feel like unless the match up is lopsided the chi yu player has a tiny edge here.
Gen 8 Random Battle: Typhlosion48 vs. mj - the two best gen8 players in the tour facing off in finals, how topical. Typh has been dominating for a long time now and mj break out in rands feels more recent, but who knows
Gen 7 Random Battle: LordST vs. emforbes - emforbes really swept the gen7 field. He won the first encounter against LST which probably also explains my choice here
Gen 6 Random Battle: Xiri vs. Michielleus - Xiri has been doing good, but Michi has been doing so great in this tour, are we getting a new 7-0 performance?
Gen 5 Random Battle: peap vs. Wait2Seconds - peap seems also in quite the good shape in this tour so far. Wait2Seconds winning streak has been put to an end last week, but hopefully he didn't lose all his momentum
Gen 4 Random Battle: ksicide vs. Amaranth - Amaranth and kscide have a collective records of 2-9 in gen4 but that doesn't tell the whole story imo, both are strong and it should be a cool battle
Gen 3 Random Battle: Xrn vs. Jisoo - now these two have the exact same score somehow. They both seemed to have transitionned to rands swiftly so it should be a fierce one
Gen 1 Random Battle: chub vs. Ice Yazu - chub is back but has the difficult task of facing the goat.
Gen 8 Battle Factory: lax vs. Eeveeto - these two have a combined 13-1 records lol it's ridiculous. Lax is another contender for a 7-0 finish, should be good to watch, hopefully they don't get 3 Ubers
Gen 8 BSS Factory: 3d vs. Piapia - to quote yone "piapia m'a fait suer". 3d got a dramatic win last week to ensure his team qualification, but pia seems to have a solid understanding of the myserious arts of BSSF
Gen 9 Random Doubles: Idyll vs. Nails - Nails finally came around the early struggle but Idyll is very experienced in this
Gen 9 Hackmons Cup: Fragments vs. Panty&Stockings - Fragments magic again please
Mystery Box: MrSoup vs. livid washed - two monsters of versatility but I feel like livid, who came off such a strong 2023, has the upper hand here.

You didn't think you'd seen the last of Pulse's statposting, did you?

The following is the winrates of each player in RBTT, both in their format of choice and the overall tournament, both sets and matches, all adjusted via the colley metric (giving everyone an extra win & loss to prevent 100%/0% singularities)
1709598993452.png

The win% shown in the center compares the best result from each player to give an overall prediction / probability of victory, where as the green/red on either side does a 1-1 comparison in that category.

For obvious reasons, Mystery Box is very unreliable data, so going purely off anecdote, I would award that win to livid washed
For the 2 50-50 results, I'll coinflip emforbes and Xrn - resulting in an 8-6 win for Chi-Yu

A very interesting thing of note is that xrn & jisoo have the exact same record - they both played only 1 format, and have the exact same number of wins & losses, both in sets & matches

Last edited:

royzin

I COULD BE BANNED!
Team Chi-Yu (6) vs Team Suicune (8)
Gen 9 Random Battle (bo5): pokeblade101 vs. Referrals : Gotta go with the rands goat here.
Gen 9 Random Battle: Buhrito vs. Master Chief : Idk
Gen 8 Random Battle: Typhlosion48 vs. mj : Typhlosion just always wins US South goat.
Gen 7 Random Battle: LordST vs. emforbes : Idk
Gen 6 Random Battle: Xiri vs. Michielleus: Idk
Gen 5 Random Battle: peap vs. Wait2Seconds : Idk
Gen 4 Random Battle: ksicide vs. Amaranth : Idk
Gen 3 Random Battle: Xrn vs. Jisoo : Idk
Gen 1 Random Battle: chub vs. Ice Yazu: Chub is rng blacklisted showdown hates this guy lmao. Yazu plays this tour very casually i noticed but he's still better than most of these ppl so.
Gen 8 Battle Factory: lax vs. Eeveeto: Idk
Gen 8 BSS Factory: 3d vs. Piapia: Idk
Gen 9 Random Doubles: Idyll vs. Nails: Idk
Gen 9 Hackmons Cup: Fragments vs. Panty&Stockings
Mystery Box: MrSoup vs. livid washed : Soup is the gsc rands goat he deserves the win, but livid has the admin rng so who knows.

sharpclaw

is a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Host
Random Battle Lead
1703263237113.png

By popular demand: the very-serious-and-definitely-no-asterisks-at-all "We Love Randbats" THIRD PLACE MATCHUP!

Darkrai_logo_small.png
VS_small.png
Ogerpon_logo_small.png

Team Darkrai (2) vs Team Ogerpon-Hearthflame (7)
Gen 9 Random Battle (bo5): Yes or no my dude vs GXE
Gen 9 Random Battle: Shaneghoul vs Ampha
Gen 8 Random Battle: Fant'sy Beast vs RoFnA
Gen 7 Random Battle: Emboar02 vs Teclis
Gen 6 Random Battle: Sylvi vs Exotic64
Gen 5 Random Battle: Shadows4 vs avarice
Gen 4 Random Battle: Lily vs gorex
Gen 3 Random Battle: Trade vs Clementine Dark Pulse
Gen 1 Random Battle: Tuthur vs YBW
Gen 9 Random Doubles: ionnss vs Sapphire
Gen 9 Broken Cup (!): Aquaa vs Altthiel
Mystery Box: MichaelderBeste2 vs Kaif

Deadline is as above. Good luck, have fun, and take us to 3(rd place)! :D​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)