rain on me

s/o to onix for the song recommendation :]​

So if you cant tell my profile thing on the side I've officially shit posted 100 times on this forums. And in honor of the time I've wasted playing this bad game I have decided to post a fun semi rain team I've been messing around with on showdown (since the ladder has been off and on a lot I've mostly tested it against room randoms and friends rip). It's not the best, as none of my teams ever are but I've had a lot of fun using it so I thought I'd share it.

Originally I wanted to build a team around a core I was messing around with, Lure Emboar+Sneasel to lure Rhyperior and Seismitoad with Grass Knot because I thought the two had great synergy. This is still a core I want to build around on future teams (I've also enjoyed it with Tyrantrum), but the team wasn't the best. I threw on Calm Mind Meloetta because its one of my favorite Pokemon in the tier, Qwilfish because hazard stacking is one of my favorite play styles, Rotom-Mow because I wanted a scarfer and secondary Alomomola check. Gorex recommended Uxie served as a rocker and fighting type check (Meloetta does this too but I hated not having a switch in besides my suicide lead haha). Uxie+Qwilfish also are a pretty cool hazard stacking core imo. This team wasn't that bad but first off I hate Scarf Rotom-Mow and struggled a lot with Scarf Delphox, Scrafty and especially flying types because of my lack of a resist. Lord Death Man recommended Ludicolo and I was like fuck yes so I revamped it into a semi rain team as I call it using a lot of the same Pokemon.

With the addition of Ludicolo, I realized I really needed a flying resist. I added Scarf Tyrantrum as it gave me a strong revenge killer that could sweep itself late game if needed (as its done many games). I later realized that dark types like Spiritomb and Drapion could deal number to this team, I decided to adjust the team once again and replace Meloetta ;_;

Scrafty was cool because it gave me an offensive delphox check as Meloetta was usually beaten 1v1 by Delphox. It could also switch in on Spiritomb and Drapion and with a little luck set up on and beat them both. Obviously this team is a very fairy weak but we dont have many good fairies and none of them want to take a Head Smash, Icicle Crash or rain boosted Hydro Pump.

The Team

Uxie @ Damp Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Rain Dance
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Uxie role is to pivot into many attacks as several of these mons lack the bulk to switch in on attacks and get up Stealth Rock. Originally I had Thunder Wave over Rain Dance but RD helped me set up rain against offensive teams as Ludicolo isn't exactly the bulkiest. I decided to run 0 speed on Uxie so that I could U-Turn and bring things in safely. I usually try to play very conservatively with Uxie as its the only thing that can take a hit that isn't resisted. I tested Psyshock for awhile so it could kill Hitmonlee faster, but soon missed Psychic's extra power plus chance for a special defense drop which actually has helped me by making pokemon that could otherwise stay in on Ludicolo have to switch out in fear of being knocked out.

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

In my opinion, Qwilfish is the best spiker in RU, even on a more offensive team like this. Intimidate proves a lot of utility when paired with set up sweepers like Scrafty and is the biggest reason I picked it over Accelgor. With a bulkier spread it can come in on fairies and continue to spikes while hanging around longer. The speed is for Scrafty, while Thunder Wave keeps set up sweepers checked. Spikes support really helps this team as a lot of these Pokemon are fairly weak but at the same time able to pressure a lot of Pokemon into switching just with their STAB's. Taunt helps stop Defog and set up sweepers as I've learned.

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus / Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard

I really like Sneasel as well, Dark Ice are just really great STAB's in a meta where Flygon and Tyrantrum are so common. Sneasel also is able to pressure a lot of Pokemon like Flygon and Togetic from Defogging. I understand a lot of people believe that Low Kick<Pursuit with Cobalion gone, but another thing I like about Sneasel is that its a great offensive Mega Glalie check, which in my opinion is just too good to pass up. This team doesn't really need Pursuit anyway seeing as Delphox is killed by Tyrantrum and Ludicolo (as well as is set up fodder for Scrafty especially under rain), Sigilyph by the same 2 and so on. Knock Off is just such a great move, literally nothing except Mega Steelix can truly switch in on Sneasel, and even that is weakened very easily with Spikes and is handled by Ludicolo + Scrafty. I used Inner Focus more than Pickpocket because I used this team on the ladder for a bit and Sneasel is able to live one Ambipom Fake Out which I abused a lot lol, but anywhere else I would use Pickpocket. Priority Ice Shard can be a life saver by picking off Flygon and weakened Pokemon like Hitmonlee for example.

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Ah the star of the show, credits for this mon go all out to Lord Death Man who has been hyping this for awhile. Ludicolo breaks several Fire Water Grass teams in the same way Samurott does, but gets a temporary +1 special attack boost and speed boost while doing it. It is surely not the best Pokemon, in fact there are many games where it does completely nothing as without a rain boost its often dead weight against offense. Grass Water is a solid typing, and its bulk while not the best is actually surprisingly decent. It really appreciates hazard support as 90 special attack really isn't the best, though rain definitely helps. It beats bulky water types like Alomomola and Jellicent (all of whom give it a free rain dance so it can begin its wrath :]), which a lot of the team beats but fears switching in bar Scrafty some of the times. Many games I basically set up hazards, weaken with Ludicolo and Scrafty, and clean up with Sneasel or Tyrantrum.

Scrafty @ Roseli Berry
Ability: Shed Skin
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Dragon Dance

Scrafty is definitely deserves its place in S rank. I decided DD Scrafty is best for this team as it can break down defensive cores well when paired with Ludicolo. Scrafty has a lot of great abilities and item choices, I choose Shed Skin as a potential reassurance against Scald burns because if you haven't realized by now I'm fucking terrified of Scald. I toyed with Intimidate, although I guess playing Doubles so much has made me fear having too many Intimidators because of Defiant mons lol. There have been many games where I wished I had Moxie, so I may make the switch to Lum Berry Moxie Scrafty. Roseli Berry is cool in that it lets Scrafty do better vs Fairies. I really enjoy the Dark Spam core it forms with Sneasel, helping to weaken fairies to let Tyrantrum sweep easier with Outrage late game.

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

The glue of this team (felt like using that to describe it since everyone else does that to their last mon lol), Tyrantrum rounded out several weakness the team has such as a dangerous Flying weakness (I never saw a Fletchinder while testing but I try to be always prepared). True Braviary, probably the most relevant Flying type can carry a fighting move and usually U-Turns but Tyrantrum still does a good job of forcing itself to lock into superpower for a free rain dance or forcing it to take Stealth Rock damage. Tyrantrum also has a great speed tier while Scarf, putting it just above Jolteon and Emboar, making them even less threatening. It can revenge kill most set up sweepers as well like Virizion, and all and all is just a great Scarfer in my opinion.​

Scrafty @ Roseli Berry
Ability: Shed Skin
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Dragon Dance

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard

Uxie @ Damp Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Rain Dance
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

A room tour match that really showed Ludicolo's potential, granted his team was under prepared for it but a lot of teams in this meta are. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-253303554
adding more, forgot to save replays haha, I'll be farming them from room tour battles and challengers for the next few days. Feel free to post some if you like the team enough to use it <3

Shout out to pretty much anyone in the RU room, you're all cool people despite how dead the chat is lol. Just to name a few people I enjoy talking to on showdown: thunder wave loving thecrystalonix, dank team builder gorex, @pastify (oops meant xastify), innovator Lord Death Man, dank memer aoemica, guy i stalk Schaff, another guy i stalk Scythe., ZANBAKUResh, Temperarious even though you kinda died rip, frog loving MainEvent, the nerd Heydude:D, ladder jesi tehy, dead ;_; Cowtao, my good rap music source cacturne, the helpful MrAldo, flygon overlord gnark, DKFirelord, EonX (COME BACK EONX), gallade loving I_Do_Not_Exist , bad user gasquakee, the beautiful singer oml it's too ez, Natural Talent who should change his name back to KingT9722, fire spitting Cheek Pouch and theres more but this is getting long and im tired so remind me if youre not on this and ill add you lol.

Last edited:

Natural Talent

Don't die trying to live..
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
cool team, don't really see much lacking with it. One thing i noticed is togetic is really good vs your team as it can come in and t-wave most of your mons and weaken it for incoming pokemon. Also Sub Cm delphox destroys your team due to it being able to set up all over uxie. Just things to watch out for. Overall the team is pretty solid.

I can also see Life Orb or specs jolteon destroying your team since it outspeeds and kills everything besides uxie and 2hkoing scrafty

ss234

bop.
Hi there. This looks like a pretty solid team and I like the idea of using rain dance ludicolo as a stand-alone sweeper. Because your team is based around dark spam there is an inherent fairy weakness although with roseli berry scrafty you can overload aromatisse, togetic etc. I'd try out a more defensive qwilfish spread though, sash qwilfish seems like a waste of it's defensive utility on a team like this where it would be really nice to have a consistent switch in to fairy types and continually spike on them. Toxic spikes also seems kinda pointless on an offensive build like this although I can see it being nice to wear down aromatisse. You could run ice beam over tspikes, since this stops bulky flygon from threatening qwil with a defog or eq.

Here is the qwilfish set:
Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Taunt
GL with the team.

Natural Talent

Don't die trying to live..
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there. This looks like a pretty solid team and I like the idea of using rain dance ludicolo as a stand-alone sweeper. Because your team is based around dark spam there is an inherent fairy weakness although with roseli berry scrafty you can overload aromatisse, togetic etc. I'd try out a more defensive qwilfish spread though, sash qwilfish seems like a waste of it's defensive utility on a team like this where it would be really nice to have a consistent switch in to fairy types and continually spike on them. Toxic spikes also seems kinda pointless on an offensive build like this although I can see it being nice to wear down aromatisse. You could run ice beam over tspikes, since this stops bulky flygon from threatening qwil with a defog or eq.

Here is the qwilfish set:
Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Taunt
GL with the team.
The main purpose of the lead qwilfish is to provide fast spikes and try to just auto win with ludicolo or scrafty from my understanding. Taunt on qwilfish can more or less stop flygon. The only fairy that can pose a strong threat is togetic really because aromatisse is affected my toxic spikes and is more or less beaten by ludicolo. He practically made it knowing he has a fairy weakness but roseli on scrafty + spikes and t spikes damage take a toll on the fairy anyway.

Hi Kableye, nice team! I really like the standard ish offensive team with the twist of a Rain Dance abusing core and a somewhat unusual (not rlly) Stealth Rock user in Uxie. However, this team is quite weak to Chople Scrafty in my opinion since you can't reliably prevent it from setting up so easily against Uxie or Qwilfish (it also can set up by forcing out Sneasel or Tyrantrum locked into Head Smash) because the former doesn't have Dazzling Gleam and the latter is simply outsped and can't Taunt it before it becomes dangerous. The simplest suggestion i can give you is to use a faster Qwilfish spread.
Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Impish Nature
- Waterfall / Scald (not rlly ideal with Twave)
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave (i dont really think you need Ice Beam since with the same EVs you outspeed defensive Flygon by 1 point and can Taunt it)
- Taunt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)