Rain Dance-based team needs your help!

So, the play is leading with Gastrodon (Now it is Politoed) to get the Rain Dance (8 turns) set. I can Scald to try the Burn and switch out or I can directly switch out depending on their lead. I would go for a wall that counters the lead with the intention to disable him with Taunt or something (Thinking of Venusaur with Sleep Powder or Mandibuzz with Taunt).
Thundurus Thunder with Life Orb can deal tons of damage and can sweep lots of threats away. Kingdra can outspeed enemy threats and do lot of damage with its nature and still stabing with Surf/Dragon Pulse. Toxicroak with Leftovers or Shed Shell can heal a good amount of HP combined its Dry Skin and is a physical attacker with 2 Stab moves and a Sucker Punch that deals good damage to its physchic weak-spot enemies. Needing a S.Def pokemon (Thinking of Togekiss, but someone with physical damage) and someone to throw Sticky Web (Thinking of a Composed Eyes Galvantula with Focus Sash and Thunder).
Politoed
Drizzle | @Damp Rock
252 HP | 252 Def | 4 S.Atk
Calm
Toxic
Scald
Ice Beam
Taunt
This is the heart of the Rain Team, without him it's just "---- Team". Now that Drizzle has been nerfed, I went to @Damp Rock so the rain could last 8 turns instead of 5. The Idea is to set up the rain leading with him so Taunt the opponent if he have the intention to set something up then switch. If the opponent's pokémon isn't a set uper, I stay if he is based on Attack and STAB his face with Surf (Or Ice Beam if is a Donphan or something). If he is a Special Wall and uses S.Atk, then I switch in and go for the counter/prevention.

Kingdra
Swift Swim | @Leftovers
4 HP | 252 S.Atk | 4 Spe
Modest
Dragon Pulse
Flash Cannon
Surf
Substitute
The intention of not runing an All Out Attacker Kingdra is to prevent Sucker Punchers. If there's an obvious STAB Sucker Puncher in the opponent's side, then Substitute. As the opponent will try to switch in to a Fairy-type pokémon to prevent damage from Dragon Pulse, then I shall punish them with Flash Cannon.
Thundurus
Prankster | @Life Orb
4 HP | 252 S.Atk | 252 Spe
Timid
Nasty Plot
Thunder
Hidden Power (Ice type)
Focus Blast
I like to run Thundurus with @Life Orb to get an 100% Accuracy, thanks to Politoed's Drizzle, Thunder with a 120+60(STAB)+36(@Life Orb) Power. Wich means, 216 POWER! Hidden Power Ice is to prevent Rock pokémons that stabs his weak-spot together with Focus Blast in case it is a Rock-Steel pokémon. Again not running an All Out Attacker to prevent being Sucker Punched in the face, as Thundurus is squishy squashy as hell.
Now, the main reason to go Timid and not Modest is because he can still be outsped by Mega Alakazam, Gengar and Mega Manectric.
Toxicroak
Dry Skin | @Life Orb
4 HP | 252 Attack | 252 Spe
Jolly
Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Drain Punch
Substitute
When the Dry Skin comes in, @Life Orb's recoil becomes 0. And plus, with @Life Orb I can switch Toxicroak's Nature from Adamant to Jolly, gaining speed and powering himself up with Swords Dance. I canSucker Punch the face of the first psychic opponent then switch out without any problem at all... or I don't even need to switch out if I have Substitute up. Drain Punch is to heal Toxicroak from Substitute's recoil together with Dry Skin.
Toxicroak have a combo too, this one is with Scizor who can still be punished from Water type moves. With Dry Skin, the pokémon does not take damage from water type moves, it heals him instead, so the trick is to bait the opponent with Scizor to take a Water hit but then switch out to Toxicroak then Swords Dance (because probably he will switch out after that one).
Ferrothorn
Iron Barbs | @Rocky Helmet
252 HP | 4 Atk | 252 Def0 IV Speed
Impish
Stealth Rock
Power Whip
Gyro Ball
Leech SeedI think that Defensive Ferrothorn is insanely good when combined with Iron Barbs+@Rocky Helmet. Makes OU pokemons like Talonflame cry when hitting Ferrothorn with Flare Blitz... Insane recoil ifStealth Rock is up and can still holding up a x4 STAB Flare Blitz thanks to Politoed's Drizzle. Power Whip (120 Power) and Gyro Ball (150 power) is an extremely nice option to damage anyone... specially you,beast Azumaril from hell!

Mega Scizor
Technician | @Scizorite
252 Atk | 252 S.Def | 4 HP
Adamant
Swords Dance
Bug Bite
Pursuit
Bullet Punch
That x4 Flare Blitz can still OHKO you, but not the Flamethrower. This is the Ace of Spades of the team, a nice bait to go for Kingdra but also a nice pokémon to force enemy's switch out and following him with a boosted up Pursuit from Technician. When Swords Dance got up, your opponents can start crying because they don't want to take a STAB Bullet Punch in the face! Its high base defence and high S.Defence(due to its EVs) make him incredibly easy to set up 2 Swords Dance and take out that boring Mega Venusaur.

Guys, I need your oppinion about my team and what to complete with. I really think that it is going great but I have no idea about team typing and composition. Thanks for supporting!

Last edited by a moderator:
... Just use politoed. Replace gastro with him, same EVs with scald, ice beam, perish song (if u wanna destroy BP team), encore (if u wanna force enemy switch out) toxic (against walls) protect (for scouting) focus blast (against tyranitar)
Toxicroak need the life orb.
Now u have a physical wall, so u need a special wall.
In the rain ferrothorn is a must.
Give to kingra leftovers.
Six slot options:
-Manaphy (252 satk/ 4 hp/ 252 Spd) hydro pump/surf, energy ball, ice beam, tail glow
-Jirachi (u can try a rain support set or the paraflinch set)
-Mega scizor

... Just use politoed. Replace gastro with him, same EVs with scald, ice beam, perish song (if u wanna destroy BP team), encore (if u wanna force enemy switch out) toxic (against walls) protect (for scouting) focus blast (against tyranitar)
Toxicroak need the life orb.
Now u have a physical wall, so u need a special wall.
In the rain ferrothorn is a must.
Give to kingra leftovers.
Six slot options:
-Manaphy (252 satk/ 4 hp/ 252 Spd) hydro pump/surf, energy ball, ice beam, tail glow
-Jirachi (u can try a rain support set or the paraflinch set)
-Mega scizor

Thank you, I appreciate words from Dalai hahahaha.
Well, I already have a Scizor with 252Atk / 252 S.Def / 4HP . Also I have a 252 Def Ferrothorn.
Now that you said, Life Orb for Toxicroak would be nice because it woudn't have the knockback at all :D
For politoed, I didn't felt he is a good options because he have lower base stats when you compare it to Gastrodon. Maybe if Politoed goes for S.Def and then I bring the Ferro as the physical one the teamm would be in touch :D

Lol is better wasting a turn? Politoed is pretty meh as a special wall: can't wall thundurs/megatric/starmie/chari and other mons. The physical version is always been the top version (and u can see it on smogon). And remember, is useless comparing stats. If u have so much toed, but u love water/earth pokemon, try swampert (so u can place rocks).
U rcn run taunt over focus blast (for thundurus): u already have toxi with a fight stab move: in this way u can taunt ferro/skarm/deo-s lead, and saving some hp every time u switch.
Kingdra special is.. Original.

Hmm... Taunt is a nice try for Thundurus :p
Hey, this site > http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/politoed | http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/gastrodon < tells that Politoed's base S.Def is higher than Gastrodon's base S.Def . Still can't understand why should I make Def Politoed >.<

Questions:
2 - Should I add a Dark-Type pokémon with the intention of a safe switch when a Psychic stab turns in to kill Toxicroak?

=== Upcoming changes till now ===
• Switch Gastrodon for Politoed
• Add Ferrothorn
• Add Taunt to Thundurus
• Add Leftovers to Kingdra
• Add Lifeorb to Toxicroak

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)