Tournament PUWC IV - Finals [Won by India]

gum

for the better
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hosted by Vertigo and i, art by AmirAlexander

Admin thread | Replays

>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of the amazing Ticken

finals!! congratulations to team europe and india for making it this far, and may the best team win!

Rules
  • Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for us to make decisions for activity calls when we can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your captains know ASAP so they can communicate that to the hosts or the other team's captains for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag the hosts, the captains of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Post replays. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later. Your win won't be counted without a replay
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.

:luxray: Europe (2) vs. (6) India :medicham:
SV1: Drud vs. RaJ.Shoot
SV2: Fogbound Lake vs. J0RIS
SV3: pannu vs. TGA
SV4: fish anemometer vs. myjava
SV5: Leni vs. Dj Breloominati♬
SV6: TheFranklin vs. Piyush25
SV7: Sylveon used calm mind vs. Tanish
SV8: Aislinn vs. skimmythegod

Europe (0) vs. (0) India
SV1: Drud vs. RaJ.Shoot
SV2: Fogbound Lake vs. J0RIS
SV3: eifo vs. TGA
SV4: fish anemometer vs. myjava
SV5: Leni vs. Dj Breloominati♬
SV6: TheFranklin vs. Piyush25
SV7: Sylveon used calm mind vs. Tanish
SV8: Aislinn vs. skimmythegod

deadline is sunday, january 7th at 11:59pm gmt-5. good luck and have fun to both teams!​

I'm 15-15 on predictions right now, but this week I'm going 11-0 no doubt.

Europe (4) vs. (4) India
SV1: Drud(60) vs. RaJ.Shoot(40)
Drud seems to have a good handle on the post P2 December meta. I think Raj will put up a good fight, but Drud is the more successful player and knows what's good in the meta so it's hard to bold against em.

SV2: Fogbound Lake(50) vs. J0RIS(50)
Fogbound Lake is good, and logically I think it would make more sense to bold them here. However, I'm going with my gut here and bolding J0RIS instead. I have a feeling that coming in as a sub for Faaagamer, J0RIS will be getting a lot of support this week. India as a team has faced elimination head on in this tournament just barely making it through pools and semis, and I think that shows how resilient they are as a team. With that being said, I expect J0RIS to be heavily prepared for this game.

SV3: eifo(60) vs. TGA(40)
eifo was on a roll last round and is still on a roll coming into this round. TGA has had a very strong tournament so I expect a good showing, but if they don't bring something new I have a feeling eifo will have a big advantage at team preview.

SV4: fish anemometer(60) vs. myjava(40)
myjava is having a really good playoff run despite losing in the tiebreaker last week. However, I can't...no I REFUSE to bold against fish. You can't make me, fish anemone for president.

SV5: Leni(50) vs. Dj Breloominati♬(50)
Probably the most even match and hopefully a good one. Leni and Spinmaster Excadrill are both very experienced tournament players, and while Breloom clutched up last week in game 3 of the tiebreakers I think tlenit1 will show out.

SV6: TheFranklin(40) vs. Piyush25(60)
Another good match, we have recent SCL champ Piyush vs. a very competent player in TheFranklin. Piyush seems to be in their prime and hopefully they can get a strong dub here to help send India to a tie breaker.

SV7: Sylveon used calm mind(45) vs. Tanish(55)
Tanish used haze! I've obviously been favoring Tanish all tournament and i'm not going to stop now. I will say Sucm(lmao) has surprised me with solid they seem to be playing this tier. I guess being a good player supported by one of the best CG PU players will do that though. Despite this I expect Tanish to return to form here and take the big W.

SV8: Aislinn(0) vs. skimmythegod(100)
Say it with me everybody, skimmy the GOD

Last edited:

Bella

Lighterless
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Europe (5) vs. (3) India
SV1: Drud vs. RaJ.Shoot - More successful and consistent player
SV2: Fogbound Lake vs. J0RIS - This can go either way but i think J0ris has the edge here.
SV3: eifo vs. TGA - has been great this WC and is a clutchgod tbh
SV4: fish anemometer vs. myjava - I love poland, also fellow filo so can't go against him here, also just the more knowledgeable player
SV5: Leni vs. Dj Breloominati♬ - Not going against my fellow Gliding Gliscor here, he's got this.
SV6: TheFranklin vs. Piyush25 - Solid player coming off strong preformances accross different tours
SV7: Sylveon used calm mind vs. Tanish - Once again, solid player
SV8: Aislinn vs. skimmythegod - Queen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)