PU in Ubers. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a serious RMT and a serious team. I'm not even trolling you. My win-loss record is 11-27 in Ubers and I have 1201 points on Showdown using only this team. I know that record and points seem very unimpressive at first glance, but I don't think it's that bad, considering I'm using Pokes which are literally at the bottom of the bottom.

If you're not sure what PU is, it's an unofficial tier not recognized by Smogon. It's essentially the tier below NU and it works the same way as other tiers. If a Poke has less than a 3.41% usage in NU, it's technically PU. So basically, PU Pokes are the neverused in Neverused. For more info, the PU thread can be found here.

I like using this team because it's a whole new kind of challenge. On average, I KO two to three of the opponent's Pokes. Of course, it was challenging to find PU pokes that could even attempt to work in Ubers. I suppose I could use any Little Cup Pokes as well (as long as they don't have over 3.41% usage in NU of course). Here is the most recent NU statistics thread. I am allowed to use any Poke below and including Zebstrika in the first table.

I figured that walls that are viable in NU and/or PU just won't work in Ubers, so I had to go hyper-offensive. I know Audino has reasonable bulk for NU but against Rayquaza and Arceus it just doesn't cut it. My focus was naturally really powerful Pokes or ones that could get there by insane boosting. Of course, I could be wrong, but it seems like that's really the only option for Ubers besides gimmicks.

Noctowl @ Leftovers
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 76 SAtk / 180 SDef
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Heat Wave

Will comment more after testing. Replaced Shedinja.

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Pikachu hits pretty hard even in Ubers. I like the Electric immunity and boost, and if my opponent is good enough to predict the switch into Pikachu then I had no chance of winning anyway lol (because let's be real, some people are just REALLY bad and that's how I win :S). Grass Knot has really only proven useful against Groudon, but it does a hefty 65-70% IIRC. I could switch it out for Nasty Plot though. idk

Lairon @ Eviolite
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Head Smash
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Toxic

I know I said walls generally don't work, but this thing is a beast. It very easily beats a Rayquaza 1v1 locked into Outrage even after a Dragon Dance. Pretty self-explanatory. Well, everything is. Whatever XD

Swoobat @ Life Orb
Trait: Simple
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Air Slash
- Stored Power
- Hidden Power [Ground]

After one Calm Mind I can live many Special Hits. It hits decently hard, but not quite enough I guess even at +2. But I suppose I would feel that way or worse with any other PU poke. The last moveslot is a tossup. I have a lot of choices, including Heat Wave, Giga Drain, HP Ground/Fighting, etc. HP Ground is for Dialga.

Rampardos @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Dragon Tail

Still hits hard enough without Band or Adamant, but can outspeed a lot of things since Ubers Pokes are slow.

Huntail @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Beam

Not amazing at anything, but no major flaws either. It hits hard enough and is fast enough after a Shell Smash, and it's not that hard at times to safely set one up, but it doesn't do spectacularly. Swift Swim is nice but without Shell Smash there's no good damage, but of course I say the same for Swoobat.

This team has trouble with Blaziken and Genesect in general. Thanks for all of your feedback!

If your goal is crushing noobs in Ubers with PU Pokémon, try Noctowl. Noctowl is the best NU wall once you bring NU Pokémon to Ubers (and is PU actually because it is horrible in NU), which is good enough if you ask me. Don't switch it into things though, it really doesn't like 2 Specs Thunders from Genesect or Darkrai - though the owl actually walls them if they don't wield Specs. It also tends to survive a Bullet Punch from CB Scizor after SR, so you can come in after they killed something and kill Scizor with Heat Wave. Have sufficient investment though, that's pretty crucial. You can phaze Darkrai out if it sets up on you with Nasty Plot.
You won't get OHKO'd at +2 even but it is obviously better if you phaze out on the Nasty Plot turn itself, thus wasting Darkrai's time - Dark Void failed because Noctowl has Imsomnia which is awesome.

You can replace Shedinja as everybody has hazards anyway, even the biggest noobs.

Noctowl @ Leftovers
Trait: Imsomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 76 SpA / 180 SDef
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Heat Wave
- Toxic

Night Shade or Air Slash could also be in the last slot instead of Toxic, Air Slash for STAB but with the generally high defences in Ubers, Night Shade will probably deal more damage.

A Scarf and Jolly nature on Rampardos is also something to look at so you can outspeed and kill things like Ho-Oh with it.

Thanks for your feedback! I'll try those since they definitely seem better. Shedinja is usually the reason I win when I do, but when I don't it dies in like 2 turns anyway. My goal isn't necessarily to just crush noobs, but this is an all-purpose team. I sometimes KO 3 of my opponent's Pokes even if they have like 1500/1600 points, but I guess Shedinja w/o a spinner or auto rain/sun isn't that great anyway.

I switched Heat Wave for HP Ground for Dialga. I never used Heat Wave anyway.

jrp

Banned deucer.
teams like this are what is wrong with the uber ladder

you are deliberately using unviable pokemon on the ladder and then claim that you are being serious. I severely doubt that you have played against anyone competent with this team to have gotten any victories.

I could go into detail about the flaws but there's really no point

edit: before someone points out teams like BIRDS that have a bunch of mons that would be considered unviable, I'm just going to point out that TR had a specific design in mind when he made his team, and he's a great ubers battler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)