Gen 7 Primaless Bulky Offense

:sm/yveltal: :sm/arceus-fairy: :sm/zygarde-complete: :sm/necrozma-dusk-mane: :sm/ferrothorn: :sm/marshadow:

Introduction

Hello there, I'm gonna showcase the most successful team I have ever used in the ladder. This is more of a team showcase than an RMT because it's a team I really like to use. Using this team doesn't need much effort to use and can bring great success if played correctly. The team is made by Akuda but I made some minor changes to the team. Even without using Mega Evolutions and Primal stones it can still bring success in a metagame filled with them. The team is in a spikes stacking bulky offense style, spikes stacking because of Ferrothorn and I believe this team counts as bulky offense because it's a bit defensive while still giving offensive momentum (correct me if I'm wrong).

The Team
:sm/yveltal:
Yveltal @ Choice Specs :choice-specs:
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
:sm/marshadow:

Marshadow @ Life Orb :life-orb:
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Pursuit

This is the team's offensive core. Yveltal is one of the best pokemon in gen 7 Ubers being able to run a variety of sets defensively and offensively. Yveltal lures Marshadow's checks, bulky Fairys, and deals a bunch of chip damage to them, meanwhile Marshadow can clean things up once everything is weakened or it's checks are gone. Yvetal can act as a pivot with U-turn to get in Marshadow safely and ease predictions. Marshadow is my second favorite pokemon ever and in competitve it's also one of the best, being one of the best cleaners, or even the best cleaner ever. Marshadow is the main wallbreaker of the team, dealing over 50% to almost anything that doesn't resist Close Combat. Marshadow can pursuit trap also Mega Gengar, Gothitelle and mons that are in pursuit's KO range.

:marshadow:

Choice Band > Life Orb

Increases damage output and works well with Spikes, but loses the freedom to switch moves

Hidden Power Ice > Pursuit
Helps lure Mega Salamence and Zygarde

Rock Tomb > Pursuit
Rock Tomb can deal super effective damage to flying types like Ho-oh and slows down fast mons that can outspeed marshadow

:yveltal:

Modest > Timid
Increases Yveltal's damage output over speed

Knock Off > Heat Wave
Removes Items like Leftovers and Life Orb

Focus Blast > Heat Wave
Not really a change I recommend. It helps against Magearna and Tyranitar

Toxic > Heat Wave
Predicts Yveltal's switch ins like Arceus-Fairy and defensive Yveltals

:sm/arceus-fairy:
Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate :pixie-plate:
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Judgment
- Recover
- Toxic
:sm/zygarde-complete:
Zygarde @ Leftovers :leftovers:
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
-Dragon Tail
- Rest

This physically defensive core checks the most of the metagame's strong physical attackers. Arceus-FairyArceus-Fairy beats the omnipresent Mega Salamence and Yveltal by dealing super effective damage with STAB Judgement. Being able to keep Stealth Rocks up is another one Arceus-Fairy's traits by being defensive enough to take a Precipice Blades and Overheat from defensive Groudon-Primal then crippling it with Toxic. Zygarde walls Ho-oh, non-mixed Swords Dance users and Physical Mega Luacario. Zygarde can use Coil on offensive threats like Swords Dance Arceus and Swords Dance Primal Groudon (be careful of mixed sets tho) and to not become Substitute bait. Dragon Tail with Spikes damage is really annoying for the opponent forcing them to take a bit of chip damage.

:arceus-fairy:
Earth Power > Toxic
Helps against Steel types that switch in on Arceus-Fairy deals a lot of damage to Mega Gengar

:zygarde-complete:
Glare > Dragon Tail
Helps lower scarfers' speed in order for Marshadow to KO them.

:sm/necrozma-dusk-mane:
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z :solganium-z:
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Atk / 160 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Moonlight
:sm/ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers :leftovers:
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Protect

These two wall two of the biggest special attacking threats in Ubers, Primal Kyogre
and Xerneas. Swords Dance Necrozma Dusk Mane sets up on support Arceus forms and passive walls like Ferrothorn and Celesteela, also avoids getting trapped by Gothitelle. Ferrothorn is one of the greatest walls in OU in BW till now, it's success in Ubers is not as good as it's success in OU but it is still usable in a tier filled dragons and monsters. Ferrothorn walls Primal Kyogre and Arceus-Water with ease, it is a good switch in to Arceus Fairy and Scarf Xerneas locked to Moonblast. Ferrothorn also has an important move, spikes, which is the reason why this team doesn't have a defogger is because the opponent will do the defogging for you. This also makes Marshadow more powerful because of the constant chip damage from Spikes and Stealth Rocks and it's ability to force switches. The reason why I used Protect over Gyro Ball or Power Whip/Bullet Seed is that I'll be worn down by hazards a lot and the combination of toxic + leech seed + protect can be very brutal on Gengarless teams.

:necrozma-dusk-mane:
Can't really think of anything to change, you can change the EV spread to add move defense and attack as you wish.

:ferrothorn:
Gyro Ball > Protect
Helps you avoid getting trapped by Mega Gengar

Power Whip/ Bullet Seed > Protect
Deals a good amount of damage to both Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon and has more PP than Gyro Ball

About opposing hazards

Because of the lack of defog, some people may think that this team is weak to webs, but they're both right and wrong. The right part is that Marshadow is really slow now relying on Shadow Sneak as it's only attacking move and Arcues-Fairy can't do fast toxic spreading anymore, while the wrong part is that only Marshadow suffers from the webs (Arceus can still function well in webs) but you'll go more on the defensive side than the offensive side because you can't really out offense HO. Vs Deoxys-S leads you should prevent them from getting two layers of spikes by leading with Yveltal, click U-turn and go to Marshadow then using Shadow Sneak. Vs. opposing hazard stack it's up to you in terms of the battling. Vs. Toxic Spikes well... Just hope they play badly.

Threatlist

:kyogre-primal:
Substitute Calm Mind Primal Kyogre is a bit rare but still threatening on Ferrothorn without a grass move but you can deal with Kyogre by revenge killing with Marshadow

:gengar-mega: :gothitelle:
If something goes wrong with the opponent predicting Marshadow's Pursuit and killing it the team will eventually fall because almost the entire team loses to these two

:necrozma-ultra: :mewtwo-mega-y:
Same thing with Mega Gengar, Psychic types have coverage moves that can deal super effective damage to Yveltal and the only way to deal with them is by pursuit trapping or revenge killing with Marshadow

:groudon-primal:
Mixed Sets can be very hard to deal with but you can still deal by not giving it free switch ins and Arcues-Fairy can take some of it's hits

Final Words

First of all thank you for reading my RMT! I hope you liked it. Second of all Akuda for giving permission to write about your team! Really enjoyed writing about it.

So here are the edits I made from the original team

:marshadow:
Pursuit > Rock Tomb

:yveltal:
U-Turn > Knock Off
Heat Wave > Toxic
Timid > Modest

:zygarde-complete:
Dragon Tail > Glare

:Necrozma-Dusk-Mane:
Evs : 252 HP / 72 Atk / 160 SpD / 24 Spe Adamant > EVs : 252 HP / 224 Spd / 32 Spe Careful

And lastly heres both the pokepaste and hide text

https://pokepast.es/25c395bb62358d6b

Yveltal @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Pursuit

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Judgment
- Recover
- Toxic

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Glare
- Rest

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Atk / 160 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Moonlight

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Protect

Last edited:

Strange Name

Banned deucer.
I do believe this team style is more of balance than bulky offense. Aside from that, great job with the team, I am eager to try it out on ladder.

Strange Name

Banned deucer.
After testing the team a bit, I found it to be too weak to special Primal Groudon packing eruption and Hidden power ice, think it would be good if one can find ways to fix it. I am personally unable to do so.

After testing the team a bit, I found it to be too weak to special Primal Groudon packing eruption and Hidden power ice, think it would be good if one can find ways to fix it. I am personally unable to do so.
Usually setting up as much hazards as possible and finding a way to poison groudon is the way to go. Groudon usually cant switch that much because every member has either an offensive move or toxic. Arc Fairy can check it with Toxic but the best way to check any threat is by reducing the threats free switchins

Hello. I would like to know why the Necrozma Dusk Mane is ev-ed in such a way, there seems to be little explanation for such a decision

Also, just saying that I admire the structure of this team, how Specs Yveltal and banded Marshadow are two strong hitters that puts pressure on each other's walls, Necrozma's Z for easy wall breaking, Zygarde's glare to spread paralysis making Yveltal's Dark pulses even more threatening with the para flinch strategy, Ferrothorn's spike that makes the offensive core even harder to switch into. I like this team a lot!

Hello. I would like to know why the Necrozma Dusk Mane is ev-ed in such a way, there seems to be little explanation for such a decision
The speed is for -Speed Groudon and for the Spdef investment, It guarantees it lives a 144 SpA Judgement from Arceus-Water after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of spikes. I don't think I need a lot of Spdef investment because I preferred more damage over a lot of bulk

The speed is for -Speed Groudon and for the Spdef investment, It guarantees it lives a 144 SpA Judgement from Arceus-Water after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of spikes. I don't think I need a lot of Spdef investment because I preferred more damage over a lot of bulk
Thanks for the answer, however why 144 spa Judgement from Arceus Water, firstly they don't usually run judgement as they have a four move slot syndrome, and secondly they rarely run that much special attack.

Thanks for the answer, however why 144 spa Judgement from Arceus Water, firstly they don't usually run judgement as they have a four move slot syndrome, and secondly they rarely run that much special attack.
144 Special Attack is on the Smogon Analysis for Stealth Rock Arceus-Water to Ensure it 2HKOs Mega Sableye. Even if it's rare, going max attack could possibly make me lose to GeoXern chipping me into OHKO range and increases the threat of Special Attackers sweeping my team. More spdef decreases my damage output. It's better to be prepared for the worst matchups than lose to them. I'm not an expert on spreads so you can change its spread on how much you want.

144 Special Attack is on the Smogon Analysis for Stealth Rock Arceus-Water to Ensure it 2HKOs Mega Sableye. Even if it's rare, going max attack could possibly make me lose to GeoXern chipping me into OHKO range and increases the threat of Special Attackers sweeping my team. More spdef decreases my damage output. It's better to be prepared for the worst matchups than lose to them. I'm not an expert on spreads so you can change its spread on how much you want.
I see, I looked into the usage stats and that waterceus spread is indeed quite rare. However I don't plan on changing the spread, as I very much liked the additional attack investment that adds onto its wall breaking powers. Thank you for your time! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)