ORAS NU Powerhouse (NU Hyper Offense)

Hello everybody, and welcome to my second RMT! I love to build HO teams. This makes me want to make a Hyper Offense team. So here is the team:

Samurott, in general was one of the dangerous sweepers in this tier. With Sceptile gone, this guy can break teams so i chose him.

Tauros was one of the most centralizing pokemon in NU. No joke, Rock Climb enough can 2HKO/OHKO anything that is not a defensive wall, or anything that resists it.

By this time i realized that i need a suicide lead. Archeops i my choice because it's fast, and appereantly Head Smash OHKOs Xatu, which has Magic Bounce to shrug off SRs and Taunt.
/

Pyroar was added because it's a nice strong wallbreaker, well until i realised my team was weak to fighting-types (along with shiftry), i swapped it with Charizard. Unfortunately, Charizard furthers my weakness to Rock-type (along with swellow) so i changed it with another pokemon. AND HIS NAME IS........

JOHN CENAAAAAAAA!!! Combusken! i need a similiar pokemon to Pyroar and Zard, but a pokemon that is not week to Rock and Fighthing moves. Combusken's main selling point was Speed Boost, so that's what comes to my mind first.

Shiftry was a nice pokemon that can be played as an offensive defogger and mixed wallbreaker at the same time. It also performs a Fire-Water-Grass core, along with Combusken and Samurott.

I need a fast revenge killer for my team. Being the king of speed in NU, Swellow makes an effective powerful revenge killer and wallbreaker. Facade literally hits like a truck.

Samurott (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Megahorn
- Aqua Jet
Swords Dance makes Samurott a dangerous sweeper, capable of 2HKOing most defensive pokemon. Waterfall is the main STAB move for Samurott, which became incredibly strong with SD. Megahorn hits slower Grass-types like Gourgeist-S, Cradily and Cacturne, while hitting pokemon that doesn't take anything like Lanturn. Aqua Jet was used because of it's priority, making it easier to KO weakened pokemon.
Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Blast
- Iron Head
Tauros hits super hard, which makes him a choice for the team. Rock Climb was used over Return/Double-Edge, because it can outdamage both moves thanks to sheer force. Zen Headbutt was chosen because it can guarantee a 2HKO on Weezing and Muk. Fire Blast was used because it hits targets like Steelix and Mawile hard. Earthquake mostly damages Fire and Electric types bar Rotom and Rotom-S.

Archeops (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Endeavor
- Head Smash
By this time, i realized i need a sucide lead. I chose Archeops over Aurorus and Omastar, because it's faster so it can get faster taunts. Stealth Rocks are the best entry hazard for me, able to get chip damage. Taunt prevents leads from setting up entry hazards, and preventing pokemon to set up. Endeavor works well with focus sash, being able to wear up extreme walls. Head Smash was used to kill yourself after getting down to sash, while it hits anything pretty much hard.

Combusken (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Protect
- Baton Pass
Combusken was the main special sweeper of this team, being able to revenge kill weakened pokemon thanks to Speed Boost. Fire Blast is the first main STAB move for Combusken, it also helps to hit defensive grass type pokemon. Focus Blast is a great STAB move, as well being an excellent coverage move, hitting stuff like Steelix. Protect is used to scout and to get a speed boost. Baton Pass gives momentum to the team, while passing speed.

Shiftry (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Lonely Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Defog
I need a defogger, so Shiftry comes to my mind. Leaf Storm hits Water-types such as Samurott and Rock types such as Rhydon. Knock Off is a great move to remove items, such as eviolite and leftovers. Sucker Punch was used for priority, hitting faster and weakened pokemon. Defog removes stuff like SR and Spikes, but it can also be used to remove screens. Lonely was used over Naughty, because it works well when switching to Scald or Volt Swtich.

Swellow (F) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
So here's Swellow, the revenge killer. I chose the Guts set because it can hit pretty hard after being boosted. Protect works well because you need to rely on Brave Bird to attack before being burned. Facade's BP got doubled into a whopping 140 after you got burned, so it can hit offensive threats pretty hard. Brave Bird is used to hit Grass-types such as Abomasnow and Lilligant. U-turn was used to scout, but it can be used to hit Shiftry and Malamar hard.

Samurott (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Megahorn
- Aqua Jet

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Archeops (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Endeavor
- Head Smash

Combusken (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Protect
- Baton Pass

Shiftry (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Lonely Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Defog

Swellow (F) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Thanks for reading my second RMT, i really appreciate ratings.

Last edited:

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.
Hi Galaxium, HO teams in Nu are not that common to see, so its nice to see people experiment with it so keep going.
First few things i see right of the bat is no fighting resist, no normal resist and you straight lose to defensive balance builds and stall as you dont have any taunt user or a spike support+pokemon to pressure defogers, and another very annoying thing to your team is Weezing and pokemon like Vileplume.

First thing I recommend is
>
This will give you a powerful wallbreaker and a pokemon that deals with threats that i named here, while also its a pokemon that gives your team longevity and easily absorbs wisps and sleep powders so you dont have to sack half of your team to beat setup sweepers like liligant/vivillon.
Set:
Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Second pokemon to help you with matchup vs fat slow teams is
>
I wouldnt run normal spam on teams like this just because it easily stacks weaknesses, and mismagius gives you normal immunity and a Taunt user to prevent anything slow from setup or healing, etc.
Set:
Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Taunt
- Pain Split

-And last thing, changing swellow to special set will give you a nice cleaner after you weaken opposing teams.
Set:
Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Reactions: Em

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)