Powered Up!

In the OP you list sheer force as 1.6x while listing fur coat as 1/4x. if you want to be consistent SF should be 1.69x TC would be 1.7689(same boost for stab moves with adapt) etc.
The problem with that is that this metagame doubles a boost any ability gives. Thus, this is how it will stay. Honestly, if that was the case, I don't think this metagame would be fun, as people would be too confused to understand how to play it. Besides, what rule did you use to calculate that?

come to think of it parental bond should be three hits with 1,1/3(-4 stages),1/5(-8 stages) based off of the stage mutlitpliers, not that we can use it
No, Parental Bond halves the base power of the attack the second time around. It doesn't work on stages. I don't exactly know for certain how the simulator works, but I'm assuming that it doesn't work on stages.

I relaise that but consistency is important
Tinted lenses- you resist me? here let me hit you harder
The simulator doesn't work on Stages(I think) but if we are doubling effects then it will be 1, .25, .0625
I wa doing stages be cause the it is a power up rather than a power down 1 8/15 vs 1 5/16
this is also more consistent as even tripleing it 1,1/4,1/6,1/8=1.54ish it would always be a slight damage buff rater than a nerf

Last edited:
Applies to all abilities rather than only damage boosters and reg en abilities is my guess, it also changes a few other things(weather).(my guess)

Remember Dry Paratroopa this only affects abilities like poison heal
Need I say more?
I relaise that but consistency is important
Tinted lenses- you resist me? here let me hit you harder
The simulator doesn't work on Stages(I think) but if we are doubling effects then it will be 1, .25, .0625
I wa doing stages be cause the it is a power up rather than a power down 1 8/15 vs 1 5/16
this is also more consistent as even tripleing it 1,1/4,1/6,1/8=1.54ish it would always be a slight damage buff rater than a nerf
Oh. I see. I guess that means another edit.

Edit: This metagame isn't really powering everything up. It doubles everything. This means that Slow Start and Truant actually get worse instead of better. So, instead of the power increasing for Parental bond, it would actually decrease.

The problem with that is that this metagame doubles a boost any ability gives. Thus, this is how it will stay. Honestly, if that was the case, I don't think this metagame would be fun, as people would be too confused to understand how to play it. Besides, what rule did you use to calculate that?

No, Parental Bond halves the base power of the attack the second time around. It doesn't work on stages. I don't exactly know for certain how the simulator works, but I'm assuming that it doesn't work on stages.
the reason is that you squared the effect of Fur coat. An actual doubling of its effect would render all physical damage as nothing.

the reason is that you squared the effect of Fur coat. An actual doubling of its effect would render all physical damage as nothing.
I'm not certain about this, but I think that might not be a very good idea, for reasons that you should already know.

Actually, I got the mechanics of Fur Coat wrong. It doesn't halve damage, but, rather, doubles defense. So, while I still have to edit the OP, it is just about the same thing as what I thought. In the end, we both had it wrong. Let's just accept that and move on.

This has been happening quite a lot lately and it's annoying me: People thinking of the same ideas at the same time.

I guess, if by, "at the same time," you mean, "seven months later."

So it's the same, but less. It still already exists.
No it doesn't. Yours boosts EVERYTHING, not just abilities. Seriously. Not to mention yours boosts in a different way.
For consistency, fur coat should triple defense, not quadruple it.
Fur Coat doubles defense, not multiply it by 1.5. 2*2=4, and 4 doesn't equal 3. If you work backwards, 3/2=1.5, and 1.5 does not equal 2.

EV

Banned deucer.
I blame Eevee General. Actually, I think this is a better concept and it was definitely more well thought out and explained here. With everything increasing it becomes too complicated.
No it's different. For some reason in Effects Overload Flame Body doesn't double. Powered Up is consistent. Plus it ignores items, etc. I'll admit the oversight but we can allow these to exist simultaneously.

Scarf achi is back with a vengence (Thank Helix this is ou and we lack a certain shaymin form)
at a certain point it gets redundant i feel like just going straight for flinch move would be better unless it is faster than you.

i would say ban serene grace.

Its not hax that's when you call your opponent getting to move hax. maybe ban flinch+serene grace or something so we have something to work with

Shouldn't Hustle become x2 instead of x2.25? It's the same thing as Guts, Toxic Boost, Flare Boost, etc.

I don't understand why Filter/Solid Rock becomes 3/8. It reduces SE damage by 25%. After doubled, it should reduce by 50%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)