Post new creative movesets/EV spreads here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
that actually seems like a decent idea

especially since most toxic resists are either steels or have bad special defense

I'll have to try that some time

hmm ive been trying to come up with a mixed set for my new rash torchic (see my thread for details). so here is what i have so far.

Blaziken @ Choice Scarf
Ability - Blaze
EVs : 28 Atk / 252 Sp.Atk / 230 Speed
Rash Nature (+Sp. Atk. -Sp.Def.)

- Sky Uppercut / Focus Punch
- Overheat
- Stone Edge
- Hp Ice 70

the 230 speed will give blaziken 384 speed with a choice scarf. giving it enough to outrun jolly weavile and co. and i think that is all it will really be able to outspeed so i was thinking about saving the 22 evs for elsewhere like atk.
anyway here are some damage calcs i came up with.

Sky Uppercut

Standard 252HP/252Def Bold Blissey : Damage: 56.16% - 66.11% 2HKO

Adamant/Jolly (60 HP/0 Def) Ttar : Damage: 116.01% - 136.52% 1HKO

Quiet (252 HP/0 Def) Ttar : Damage: 102.23% - 120.30% 1HKO

Hidden Power Ice 70

Modest (4 HP/0 Def) Salamence : Damage: 109.64% - 128.92% 1HKO

Adamant (120 HP/0 Def) DDMence : Damage: 100.83% - 118.56% 1HKO

Adamant/Jolly (16 HP/0 Def) Garchomp : Damage: 95.84% - 113.02% 1-2HKO

Impish (252 HP/252 Def) Gliscor : Damage: 98.87% - 116.38% 1-2HKO

Overheat

Impish (252 HP/ 156 Def) Skarmory : Damage: 164.37% - 193.41% 1HKO

Relaxed (252 HP/96 Def) Forretress : Damage: 349.72% - 411.30% 1HKO

Stone Edge

Adamant Bulky Gyarados (212 HP/ 180 Def) : Damage: 44.79% - 52.86% 2-3HKO

As gyarados shows quite well, bulky waters will do well against this guy. but bulky waters do well against a lot of things anyway :P.

so what do you think? help on the EV spread would be appreciated the most. thanks a lot everyone.

(Blaziken) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 160 Atk/212 Spd/138 SAtk
Rash nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderpunch
- Sky Uppercut

Is what I use. Found this in a thread WAAAAAAY long ago. I can't find it anymore though...

"Mixchomp"
Rash
Life Orb
252 speed/ 200 special attack/ 58 attack

Hidden Power [Grass]
Earthquake
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast

Guaranteed OHKO on swampert with Hp Grass, and does about 75 percent to Gyarados with Draco Meteor.

Basically Chain chomp with some tweaks.

blindseraph : hey do you have any info on why the evs are in their particular places? like what is 212 speed for outspeeding for?

I'm fairly new to battling, and not too familiar to the metagame in general. Can someone list Dragonite's OU counters with below 80 speed?

blindseraph : hey do you have any info on why the evs are in their particular places? like what is 212 speed for outspeeding for?
Anti and Giant enemy crab made that set.

212 Speed + Scarf outruns Dugtrio, Sceptile ETC
136 Sp.att = OHKO on Mence with HP Ice
Rest in Attack.

"Mixchomp"
Rash
Life Orb
252 speed/ 200 special attack/ 58 attack

Hidden Power [Grass]
Earthquake
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast

Guaranteed OHKO on swampert with Hp Grass, and does about 75 percent to Gyarados with Draco Meteor.

Basically Chain chomp with some tweaks.
Swampert is hit hard enough by Draco Meteor anyways, so I don't see the point of HP Grass. Without Swords Dance, Blissey can stall you with Softboiled.

Pirika

O boxeador revolucionário
is an Artist Alumnus
Gallade @ Leftlovers
Adamant
252 Atk/ 196 Spe / 62 HP
-Hypnosis
-Focus Punch
-Night Slash
-Substitute

Something like a Breelom with a less accurate sleep-move, but Dark/Figth offers, with this EVs he reachs 245 Speed.

I'm trying to make a good Porygon-Z with Agility. It's Special Attack is great, it's speed isnt. Here goes:

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Download
Modest Nature
252 Satk 60 Spe 196 HP

Agility
Tri Attack
Thunderbolt/Dark Pulse
Ice Beam/HP Fight

Hits 462 speed after Agility, which outspeeds even Speed Deoxys (and everything trying to outspeed scrafchomp too!) and then sweeps with a possible 790 special attack (download boost + life orb). Scary if you don't have a healthy Blissey.

It may not have the wall breaking power of the NP version, but it gains the ability to sweep. It's awesome.

Lucario w/ Leftovers
Timid Nature
158 HP / 124 Special Attack / 228 Speed
+Calm Mind
+Substitute
+Aura Sphere
+Shadow Ball

After two Calm Minds you can 2HKO Blissey. HP is 320, perfect for leftovers recovery, Speed hits 300 to outrun most Salamence sets. Haven't done much testing, but I wanted some opinions on this set... I also like this bulkier set:

Lucario w/ Leftovers
Modest Nature
220 HP / 252 Defense / 16 Special Attack / 22 Special Defense
+Calm Mind
+Substitute/Vacuum Wave
+Aura Sphere
+Shadow Ball

Reaches same Special Attack as first one but is much, much, much bulkier.

I'd love to hear opinions on both, Calm Mind Lucario is very dangerous if you ask me...

Here's my response to the testing of Swampboah. It is VERY effective, especially because Swampert walls a lot of pokemon that will switch out. Sub on the switch, and attack accordingly.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Defense / 240 Special Attack
*Earthquake
*Ice Beam / Surf / Hydro Pump
*Substitute
*Focus Punch

The EVs give unbreakable subs by Blissey. Brave nature gives the most stat points because his base 110 Attack is his best. So your looking at an attack of 281. 240 Special Attack EVs nets the magic 266 needed to KO Garchomp and friends with Ice Beam.

Earthquake is the main STAB. Ground + Ice is great coverage, and will allow you to take out Garchomp and the dragons, who are actually bold enough to set up on you. Surf and Hydro Pump don't have the coverage that Ice Beam does, but STAB is always welcome, and it will give you something against Skarm and Forry. 266 Special Attack will make good use of it. Focus Punch for Blissey and anything you need to hit super effective. Opinions?

That seems like a viable alternative to my spread, for the people who want to use EQ on SwampBOAH.

I personally have found the lack of EQ only matters vs Tenta and Starmie, Slowbro/King/Cressy, wall you into oblivion anyways, there's nothing Pert can do vs them.

I find the lack of speed a little disturbing, as getting a sub in front of Bliss is never a bad thing, preventing Toxic and the like.

I like the set, but I don't like the fact the Cresselia walls you =/.
There's not all that much Cressy can do to Swampert though, unless it starts CMing up (haven't seen a CM variant in a while). Most nowadays carry Charge Beam.

You could consider Roar for stuff that walls it like Cressy... That would take away a slot for a move, which might cause something else to wall it/lose a STAB/etc. I don't know.

Edit: @ Xenaz: Seems like a slower Raikou to me, really.

Xenaz: Seems like a slower Raikou to me, really.
Ah, but you miss one key factor: Lucario's resistances.
Poison Immunity
4x Dark
4x Bug
4x Rock
2x Ghost
2x Grass
2x Ice
2x Dragon
2x Steel
2x Normal

Raikou? 2x Resist against Electric, Flying, and Steel. Plus, Raikou has difficulty taking out Blissey, while after just two Calm Minds, Lucario can bring it down.

"Mixed Porygon-Z"
Naive
Adaptability
Life Orb
228 speed/252 Attack/ 30 Special Attack

Return
Ice Beam
Hidden Power[Ground]
Dark Pulse

Blissey will be easily be 2HKOed by a adapted stab Life Orbed Return, while HP Ground can smack Heatran switch ins, and Ice Beam OHKOs mence, which is also outsped if it isn't +speed nature.

"Mixed Porygon-Z"
Naive
Adaptability
Life Orb
228 speed/252 Attack/ 30 Special Attack

Return
Ice Beam
Hidden Power[Ground]
Dark Pulse

Blissey will be easily be 2HKOed by a adapted stab Life Orbed Return, while HP Ground can smack Heatran switch ins, and Ice Beam OHKOs mence, which is also outsped if it isn't +speed nature.
IMO, Mix-Z should run Download. Means you need to run less Atk. I posted a similar set a while back, and got no comments... I'll post it again.

Slight variation on a mix Porygon-Z:

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Nature: Mild/Rash
Ability: Download
EV's: 252Sp.Atk, 120Hp, 88Atk, 48Spd,
- Agility
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Return

Blissey-killer and late-game sweeper once it's out of the way. EV's generate enough attack to 2HKO standard 148/252 Blissey with Return (Taking Leftovers into account, and Download boost) whilst still giving 405 Sp.Atk, which becomes 789.75 with LO and a Download boost, which generates enough power in the lategame for an Agili-sweep. Thunderbolt over Dark Pulse to prevent steels from walling it. The only Normal/Electric resists you are likely to see in OU are Rhyperior , Cradily and Magnezone, so it still gives good coverage. After taking out their special wall with Download-boosted Returns, come in in the late game against something that gives you a Sp.Atk boost and sweep.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Def
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
~Substitute
~Encore
~Roost / Air Slash / Aura Sphere
~Baton Pass

SubPasser with Encore. Basically the idea is to scare something off (a Paralyzed Heracross locked into Megahorn, example), then Substitute on the switch. If it's faster, Encore and switch to something that can take advantage of the move it's locked into. If you're faster, Baton Pass away to a threat. Roost to pull it off more often and heal away Stealth Rock damage, or an attacking move if you are forced to attack.

This just sort of occurred to me after looking at Togekiss's massive movepool in the Shoddy Teambuilder. I sort of browsed through Serebii and saw that Togekiss had loads of potential outside of "st00pid flinch-hax!!".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)