Poseidon's Wrath

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
Hello everyone who reads this RMT. This is my first RMT and i thought, let's not be hipster and make my first RMT an OU one :). I really would love some advice because this team seems to have a bit of trouble with the Blissey family so feedback on how to solve that problem would be welcome ^^.

Here’s a quick rundown on my team;

Poseidon (Tornadus) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Tornadus is the most important sweeper on my team. It's Specs Hurricane is even more powerful than the one from Tornadus-T that everyone feared before his ban and it simply destroys everything not named Blissey or a steel-type. And even then i can simply u-turn out to Dugtrio to trap any steel type but Ferrothorn.

Sex Machine (Tentacruel) @ Life Orb
Trait: Rain Dish
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Tentacruel is my spinner to get rid of rocks for my Tornadus and Kyurem-B. And what most people don’t know is that Life Orb Tentacruel is just freakin awesome. It’s Hydro Pump vaporizes a lot of pokemon who dont expect Tentacruel to pack such a punch and with Giga Drain and Ice Beam it has very good coverage.

bro, you're so deep (Dugtrio) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Reversal
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

Dugtrio is here as my steel trapper over Magnezone, because magnezone absolutely can’t deal with heatran and i just prefer Dugtrio :3. Anyway, the main strategy is if someone sends out a steel type against my Tornadus and I see it coming, I just u-turn out to these guys and they will get some work. Again, they are to take care of Heatran, Jirachi and Magnezone. Especially the latter two guys mean trouble for my team.

PipO (Ferrothorn) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip

I’m certain I need to change this Ferrothorn, but I don’t know how yet so I’d really like some advice on this one. His main purpose is to lay hazards (I think i need to add spikes to this set) for my Tornadus so he can sweep more easily, wall most watertypes and just be a pain in the ass by rapidly damaging physical attackers with a combination of Leech Seed, Rocky helmet and Iron Barbs. I have been thinking to change him to Celebi but then i remembered how badly i need hazard support.

Froggiefroe (Politoed) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hypnosis

The cute Froggiefroe has more purpose than only set up rain. This special attacker set is not to be underestimated even though its lesser used than the defensive and choice sets. Politoed has the potential to be a powerful threat as not many usual counters can switch into it barring, again, that Arceusdamned Blissey. It’s always nice to 2KO Ferrothorn who can always be annoying and also some other special walls such as Deoxys-D. Still, the main reason for him on this team is to make Hurricane 100% accurate, power up water moves and get rid of Ferrothorn’s 4x weakness to fire.

Big Black Beauty (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 208 SAtk / 216 Spd / 84 Atk
Lonely Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Roost

And last but not least is my Big Black Beautiful Kyurem-B. I have him mainly on this team to have another grass and electric resistance and to deal with the Blissey family with an outrage coming off that base 170 attack stat. I honestly don’t know why this thing is still in OU but Smogon just hates Ice-types XD. I might have to change something in the spread but till now it has been doing fine. I also might try Mixmence > Mixurem but i have enjoyed the 170 base attack and electric fusion bolt so far.

This team has lost once in 20 battles. So i think it is pretty solid but I still think i need to change some things imo, so i would really enjoy feedback ^_^. (As I’ve said, this is my first RMT so my analysis of it might be a bit lacking.)

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi, this rate will be short for once because I only see nitpick. The synergy is fine and pretty classic.

So for the nitpicks :

- You lack a Scarfer and I'm not gonna bother listing everythreat you're weak to because of it (Terrakion, DD Nite etc..). So, just switch Tornadus-T to a Scarf in my opinion. Moreover, using the slot for something else than HP Ice would be a better idea in my opinion. Why not Tail Wind ? get the extra speed for Kyurem-B and Politoed seems pretty tempting to me

- Duggy is cool, but it does open once again many windows. Change Sucker Punch and Stone Edge for Memento and Stealth Rock in my opinion, you're here to trap specific threats, not to pull off a random sweep with a weak pokemon (and let Landorus-T set-up and kill all your team :\)

- Now that you have SR on Duggy, you should put Spikes on Ferrothorn. However.. If I were you, I'd play a CB set (give it a shot !) the one on site is fine so.. just some ideas that you could try.

- I'd change Leftovers for Splash Plate on Politoed. Why ? because your set is cool, but if the opponent realise that you're not locked after a turn, all the power of the set is wasted. Here, he'll assume that you locked and give you some crazy opportunities to score a suprise kill. "Sorry Dragonite, I'm not locked on Focus Blast, bye bye".

That's pretty much it.. I think this team works and is pretty classic, the changes I mentionned are a matter of taste I guess.
I also don't really like your Tentacruel but well.. It's your own added value and if you can make it work, why not.

Good luck !

EDIT : Or you can just say that you agree with me, it does also work Mr.Green.

Hi, there

The biggest problem for this team is Rock Polish Landorus, if that is Statup of Dugtrio easy thing for the team are really big trouble, given the complete lack of priority moves. Now since Dugtrio in this team is the greatest source of Statup Rock Polish Landorus, I would say to include Memento> Sucker Punch and Stealth Rock> Stone Edge. As with Stone Edge you hit mainly the dragons, which are kept at bay by Ferrothorn between Iron Barbs + Rocky Helmet + Leech Seed + Protect.
Abusing Memento can drop statistics Landorus, sending your Pokemon against.
Since they have Stealth Rock Dugtrio, then you might as well, thus giving Spikes> Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn. That is all.
Good luck, with your team!

tl;dr
Memento > Sucker Punch (for Dugtrio)
Stealth Rock > Stone Edge (for Dugtrio)
Spikes > Stealth Rock (for Ferrothorn)

I honestly agree that Tornadus should be having a scarf. The power is nice, but without a scarf on your team, Terrakion, Dragonite, and other common sweepers will have little-to-no problem sweeping.

change to scarf on Tornadus.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey there,

So this team is pretty standard and has good synergy, so I'll make some minor adjustments to just make it a little bit more efficient. So Remedy has a point, in that you really lack a way to stop setup sweepers if they carry a speed boosting move. Now since I love the strength of Specs Tornadus (and it seems like you do to) I'm going to make a slightly different suggestion than Remedy,and that would be Tailwind > HP Ice. I have always found HP Ice to be unneeded on Tornadus as you are usually better off using Hurricane against Dragon-Types, and Tailwind provides very valuable support for your team. While choiced Tailwind may sound weird it does have merit. Due to prankster, Tornadus will always be able to get a Tailwind off regardless of how many speed boosts your opponent has gotten. This means if your opponent has a rampaging speed boosted sweeper you can sacrifice Tornadus and revenge them with a +2 speed sweeper of your own (most likely Kyurem-B) and perhaps even get a mini sweep of your own.

Next I would agree with Remedy/Mr. Green's suggestions of Stealth Rock + Memento on Dugtrio and Spikes > Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn. This makes your team slightly more efficient and if dugtrio's sash is intact gives you another way to cripple a sweeper in case you aren't ready to sack Tornadus.

Now while LO Tentacruel seems useful, the lack of longevity seems hurtful on a team so dependent on spin. I would recommend using a more Defensive Toxic Spikes set on Tentacruel. This will take a lot of pressure off of Ferrothorn and help to create a more solid defensive backbone for your team. Another minor moveset change I would suggest is Gyro Ball > Leech Seed on Ferrothorn. Without Gyro Ball your team really lacks any way to stop Dragon-Types (besides sacrificing Tornadus to outspeed them), making them very deadly to face. With Gyro Ball you can gain a pretty solid check to them, and using Protect wisely can still give Ferrothorn decent longevity. Finally, I would recommend using Chesto Berry + Rest on Politoed. This lets Politoed feign a choiced set and gives it more longevity, which I think is what you were aiming for with Leftovers. The ability to feign a choiced is always useful for wallbreaking, giving your offensive core an easier time. Rest can be used over Hypnosis or Focus Blast, whichever you think is least useful. Anyways, cool team gl.

EDIT: Another minor change that I had forgotten to include was the shifting of Kyurem-B's EVs. You really want to take advantage of that monstrous Attack stat, and since you are mainly relying on physical moves it makes sense to. 56 HP / 212 Atk / 240 Spd should work well for you, especially since you have a LO boost. Because of Life Orb Ice Beam will still hit hard on everything needed, but now you have much stronger STAB Outrages to spam.

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
OUPL Champion
I am really going to take everything in consideration. especially the moves for dugtrio and scarf tornadus. But i dont fully agree that im weak to RP landorus because he cant really set up on things other than dugtrio.

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
OUPL Champion
Hello everyone who reads this RMT. This is my first RMT and i thought, let's not be hipster and make my first RMT an OU one :). I really would love some advice because this team seems to have a bit of trouble with the Blissey family so feedback on how to solve that problem would be welcome ^^.

Here’s a quick rundown on my team;

Poseidon (Tornadus) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Tailwind
- U-turn

Tornadus is the most important sweeper on my team. It's Specs Hurricane is even more powerful than the one from Tornadus-T that everyone feared before his ban and it simply destroys everything not named Blissey or a steel-type. And even then i can simply u-turn out to Dugtrio to trap any steel type but Ferrothorn.

Sex Machine (Tentacruel) @ Life Orb
Trait: Rain Dish
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Tentacruel is my spinner to get rid of rocks for my Tornadus and Kyurem-B. And what most people don’t know is that Life Orb Tentacruel is just freakin awesome. It’s Hydro Pump vaporizes a lot of pokemon who dont expect Tentacruel to pack such a punch and with Giga Drain and Ice Beam it has very good coverage.

bro, you're so deep (Dugtrio) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Reversal
- Earthquake
- Stealth rock
- Memento

Dugtrio is here as my steel trapper over Magnezone, because magnezone absolutely can’t deal with heatran and i just prefer Dugtrio :3. Anyway, the main strategy is if someone sends out a steel type against my Tornadus and I see it coming, I just u-turn out to these guys and they will get some work. Again, they are to take care of Heatran, Jirachi and Magnezone. Especially the latter two guys mean trouble for my team.

PipO (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Impish Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
- Spikes
- Power Whip

I’m certain I need to change this Ferrothorn, but I don’t know how yet so I’d really like some advice on this one. His main purpose is to lay hazards (I think i need to add spikes to this set) for my Tornadus so he can sweep more easily, wall most watertypes and just be a pain in the ass by rapidly damaging physical attackers with a combination of Leech Seed, Rocky helmet and Iron Barbs. I have been thinking to change him to Celebi but then i remembered how badly i need hazard support.

Froggiefroe (Politoed) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Rest

The cute Froggiefroe has more purpose than only set up rain. This special attacker set is not to be underestimated even though its lesser used than the defensive and choice sets. Politoed has the potential to be a powerful threat as not many usual counters can switch into it barring, again, that Arceusdamned Blissey. It’s always nice to 2KO Ferrothorn who can always be annoying and also some other special walls such as Deoxys-D. Still, the main reason for him on this team is to make Hurricane 100% accurate, power up water moves and get rid of Ferrothorn’s 4x weakness to fire.

Big Black Beauty (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 212 Atk / 240 Spd / 56 Atk
Lonely Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Roost

And last but not least is my Big Black Beautiful Kyurem-B. I have him mainly on this team to have another grass and electric resistance and to deal with the Blissey family with an outrage coming off that base 170 attack stat. I honestly don’t know why this thing is still in OU but Smogon just hates Ice-types XD. I might have to change something in the spread but till now it has been doing fine. I also might try Mixmence > Mixurem but i have enjoyed the 170 base attack and electric fusion bolt so far.

This team has lost once in 20 battles. So i think it is pretty solid but I still think i need to change some things imo, so i would really enjoy feedback ^_^. (As I’ve said, this is my first RMT so my analysis of it might be a bit lacking.)
EDIT: I indeed edited some things, especially Tailwind from Tornadus and Memento from Dugtrio. I am however not going to change to scarf on Tornadus, it simply lacks the power my team needs without his specs and i gave him tailwind. Thx for the feedback on my team.

yeah definitely don't scarf tornadus...

anyways looks like a pretty solid rain team. these teams tend to struggle the most in mirror matches, as opposing tenta/ferro teams are extremely annoying. i think you should try out subtoxic tentacruel over your own. most rain teams will struggle to break its subs and sub tenta fares a lot better against opposing tenta/ferro because you'll have tons of chances to scalds off. you don't really need toxic spikes unless you decide to try out sub kyurem-b, in which case tentacruel should most definitely run tspikes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)