SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

Wild Pokémon in the Wild Area go up to level 60 after the story finishes.

Half of the Wild Area is available before Gym 3. After Gym 3, everything else is unlocked.
Huh. Between this and the bottle caps/nature mints, maybe there will actually be cases where its easier to just catch a mon in the Wild Area, train it to level 100 and set its IVs and nature if you have a surplus of BP. Especially nice for trade-evo mons such as Dusknoir (and hopefully Gengar/Machamp from raids) which appear in the Wild Area.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Any concrete information on how the post-game will look like yet? Maybe new explorable areas?

Cause if we're stuck with just a battle tower again, I'm starting to loose hope for my eventual Sinnoh remakes :blobsad:
The Zacian/Zamazenta plot resolves itself in the post-game.

Battle Tower (and you can get Type: Null)

Wild Area stuff

Rematches (idk to what extent)

That's pretty much all we know rly lol

Fun's over. Leaker has to go but promised to show eldegoss, cursola, perrserker, coalossal, and galar weezing tomorrow. He's also trying to find a Galar Farfetch'd to fight since he can't catch one in Shield.

EDIT: Ninja'd

The Zacian/Zamazenta plot resolves itself in the post-game.

Battle Tower (and you can get Type: Null)

Wild Area stuff

Rematches (idk to what extent)

That's pretty much all we know rly lol

Well, could've guessed that, nothing too fancy. Wild area stuff will probably be all kinds of raids.
But in all honesty, if there really won't be a definitive third version/sequel as rumored, than that's quite lackluster imo...

You also have to account for the mons having 4 EVs in one of their stats. I've managed to compile what I believe is the more accurate version of these stats:

Falinks: 65/100/80/70/60/75 (BST: 450)
Duraludon: 70/95/115/120/50/85 (BST: 535)
Grimmsnarl: 95/120/65/95/75/62 (BST: 512)
Rillaboom: 100/125/90/60/70/85 (BST: 530)
Cinderace: 80/116/75/65/75/119 (BST: 530)
Intelleon: 70/85/65/125/65/120 (BST: 530)
Dragapult: 88/120/75/100/75/142 (BST: 600)
Barraskewda: 61/123/60/60/50/136 (BST: 490)
Hatterene: 61/90/96/136/103/44 (BST: 530) [assuming 0 Speed IV; this is also the only mon shown that I suspect doesn't have any leftover 4 EVs as any increase in its base stats leads to an odd BST)
Copperajah: 122/130/70/80/68/30 (BST: 500)
Maybe, someone more knowledgable than me can comment on it, but Pkm in a battle tower never have 4 EV in one of their stats, it's almost always 252/252, with some rare cases of Excadrill whose EVs are equally spread on three stats if I recall right.
Then, for some I don't know, even Trick Room Pkm have 31 Speed IV. Unless GF changed their mind, it's unlikely but not impossible.

Edit: So, the extra 4 are indeed added. Now, let's hope the speed IVs are 0 as well

Last edited:
Maybe, someone more knowledgable than me can comment on it, but Pkm in a battle tower never have 4 EV in one of their stats, it's almost always 252/252, with some rare cases of Excadrill whose EVs are equally spread on three stats if I recall right.
Then, for some I don't know, even Trick Room Pkm have 31 Speed IV. Unless GF changed their mind, it's unlikely but not impossible.
Tyranitar was checked early on. The extra 4 were added.

Half of the wild area is available at first. After the third gym, the rest of the wild area is unlocked.

Day care is very early, appearing on route 5 after the first gym. *Note there are 2 Daycares*

Ditto habitat is in the lake of outrage wild area.
If a different thread on vp from the other day is to be believed, the leaker apparently said dreepy (or drakloak?) could be caught in that same area, which would mean that after at least 3rd gym it could be obtained. I will certainly be heading straight there once I get into the wild area if true, especially since dragapult evolves so late!

I'm ok with that. They were fun, but it did mean that some people's save files were just objectively better than others.
As an Ice type holder, I can confirm that, but it was a cool and nice way to catch HA mons.

Still, something using the friend list would be cool. But it seems that the whole focus now is the raid battles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)