SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

The apples are going to be very interesting depending on how ripen interacts with Things like the Hazard/ Damage reducing berries and of course the stat boosting one's. Sub/DD dance flapple

Is there any other OU prediction other than Zacian, Hydreigon , Dracapult at this point?
Aside Zacian is sure not to be OU, Gyarados is pretty sure.
Other Mons like Excadrill, TTar, Toxapex and Ferrothorn have been mentioned to may be UBER ...
Cinderace and Rillaboom are some more predictions from my side, but I'm not totally sure about anything at all.

Is there any other OU prediction other than Zacian, Hydreigon , Dracapult at this point?
Zamazenta and Eternatus are obviously uber. Kyurem-B has an actual movepool now including Icicle Spear and DD, and is thus practically guaranteed to be uber this generation aswell.

Cinderace is definitely OU worthy. Aegislash *might* drop to OU considering it got hit multiple times with the nerf stick. Kommo-O looks to have the movepool to remain OU. Gengar certainly will now that it has Nasty Plot.

Haxorus looks very good, and Gyarados might be banworthy.

I hope they start going back and giving other pokemon with Levitate hidden abilities/additional abilities like they did with Weezing this gen. I could see:

Flygon -> Compound Eyes or Tinted Lens
Lunatone/Solrock -> Some ability that boosts their allies Water/Fire moves respectively
Claydol -> Analytic or Sand Force
Chimecho -> Aerilate (it is the Wind Chime pokemon after all)
Mismagius -> Magician
Carnivine -> Strong Jaw
Vikavolt -> Speed Boost

So we don't have Super Singles anymore, but what *is* in the Battle Tower? A normal singles mode? How does it work? Is it a finite number of battles? Can we use legendaries?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
So we don't have Super Singles anymore, but what *is* in the Battle Tower? A normal singles mode? How does it work? Is it a finite number of battles? Can we use legendaries?
I don't know, but the best case scenario causes panic at first glance because you don't see it immediately. The worst case scenario, on the other hand, will make me sharpen my pitchfork.

Best case scenario: How it was before Gen 5. (The first 20 battles were easy then if became like super singles/doubles. The Tower Leader challenged you at battles 21 with an easy team and 49 with a serious team.)

Worst Case Scenario: Stops after 20, nothing is brought down to Level 50, and you can use anything to annihilate anything resembling balance.

Normal Singles/Doulbes/Mulits didn't feel different than Super, in SuMo, so I hope they thought the same and did Pre Gen 5

I don't know, but the best case scenario causes panic at first glance because you don't see it immediately. The worst case scenario, on the other hand, will make me sharpen my pitchfork.

Best case scenario: How it was before Gen 5. (The first 20 battles were easy then if became like super singles/doubles. The Tower Leader challenged you at battles 21 with an easy team and 49 with a serious team.)

Worst Case Scenario: Stops after 20, nothing is brought down to Level 50, and you can use anything to annihilate anything resembling balance.

Normal Singles/Doulbes/Mulits didn't feel different than Super, in SuMo, so I hope they thought the same and did Pre Gen 5
Purely judging by the fact the datamined pokemon have IV scaling in similar way of previous facilities (from 16 all the way to 31), on top of some pokemon sporting *12 sets* and the usual set 1-2 being mostly meme sets, it seems to just be a repetition of gen 5.
Which is... okay I guess.
Normal Tree/Maison were quite... "pointless" anyway so I can see wanting to get done with it.

Edit: I had another quick glance at the sets, and "doubles-only" moves like Helping Hand are present, so safe to assume at very least a Singles and Doubles version is present.

Nobody brought up that the evolution methods for Eevee have changed? Glaceon and Leafeon now evolve with stones, the same as several other Pokemon that evolve somewhere based on location. And has anyone discovered how Toxel evolves yet?

Nobody brought up that the evolution methods for Eevee have changed? Glaceon and Leafeon now evolve with stones, the same as several other Pokemon that evolve somewhere based on location. And has anyone discovered how Toxel evolves yet?
Toxel evolves by level up. What form it evolves into depends on the nature.

I want to see if Sandaconda can counter Zacian. It has access to Glare, and good physical bulk, plus hits super effective with Earthquake.

Last edited:
Has anyone taken a hard look at Zeraora?

It seems to have gotten some nice buffs. First and foremost, it now gets Play Rough, Blaze Kick, Power-Up Punch, and Aura Sphere for coverage. It also gets access to Electro Ball, which, while gimmicky, isn't something to scoff at coming off a base 143 Speed stat. Losing Hidden Power definitely hurts it, but it seems like Dynamax would allow it to survive more hits?

Hard to say now, we have many good mons at the moment and also some, that have potential. I would say OU for now, mainly because of it's speed, power and coverage, while it still has counters in things like Gyarados and Toxapex.
So mostlikely OU in my opinion, but still, it depends on the tiers in a whole
Sorry to burst your bubble but toxapex isnt a counter my guy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)