SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

So it seems the method to evolve farfetchd isnt knocking out 3 pokemon in a battle...its getting 3 crits in one fight. Seeing as farfetchd has his trusty leek and very high crit moves, its not as awful as it sounds
Alternatively it could be a combination of both - getting 3 KOs, 3 crits or 3 between KOs and crits.

Speaking of sirfetched thogh, is scrappy needed or can steadfast be fine too? I cant max raid fight him where i am in the story and kinda want to start using it now, bit of scrappy is that much better

question on this idea for Cursola. when i first looked at it, it seemed like it had no way to trap people with its ability. However, I noticed just now it got whirlpool.. which could be a very interesting combo with perish body.

Whirlpool
Shadow Ball
Power gem/Ice Beam/Another filler you need for your team
strength Sap

Could this sort of set work? what item would be a best pairing for this?

question on this idea for Cursola. when i first looked at it, it seemed like it had no way to trap people with its ability. However, I noticed just now it got whirlpool.. which could be a very interesting combo with perish body.

Whirlpool
Shadow Ball
Power gem/Ice Beam/Another filler you need for your team
strength Sap

Could this sort of set work? what item would be a best pairing for this?
Cursola has 60hp and 50 defense, even with strength sap you aren't going to be tanking contact moves especially with dynamax things around.

Cursola has 60hp and 50 defense, even with strength sap you aren't going to be tanking contact moves especially with dynamax things around.
That badly huh? can't do anything to make sure you can take the hits for the 3 turns? It seems like such a cool ability though. If only Galarian corsula got it too and could use evolite and just never die. How should Cursola be used then? Just a slow special Sweeper? Is just Polteagiest with shell smash, Stored Power, Shadow ball, and Strength sap just better at that?

Though could you run a curse set with Galarian Corsula with evolite, cursed Body, Curse, Whirlpool, Shadow Ball, and Strength drain?

That badly huh? can't do anything to make sure you can take the hits for the 3 turns? It seems like such a cool ability though. If only Galarian corsula got it too and could use evolite and just never die. How should Cursola be used then? Just a slow special Sweeper? Is just Polteagiest with shell smash, Stored Power, Shadow ball, and Strength sap just better at that?

Though could you run a curse set with Galarian Corsula with evolite, cursed Body, Curse, Whirlpool, Shadow Ball, and Strength drain?
Cursola is an absolute nuke at 145 special attack and a surpisingly wide movepool of such rarities as earth power and power gem. It's got 130 in special defense as well, so as long as your opponent isn't packing a physical move you can stay in a bit. I'd just go specs with four attacks for an absolutely disgusting wallbreaker. Cursed body is just for revenge to force them to switch out after they killed your glass cannon, but if you want to get gimmicky with it you could send in a shadow tagger if that hasn't been banned yet.

Cursola is an absolute nuke at 145 special attack and a surpisingly wide movepool of such rarities as earth power and power gem. It's got 130 in special defense as well, so as long as your opponent isn't packing a physical move you can stay in a bit. I'd just go specs with four attacks for an absolutely disgusting wallbreaker. Cursed body is just for revenge to force them to switch out after they killed your glass cannon, but if you want to get gimmicky with it you could send in a shadow tagger if that hasn't been banned yet.
So play her like a normal glass canon nuke. gotcha. Sounds like a plan then. And the Ability then really doesn't matter, though I guess Perish body stops my pitiful defense going done any farther, but Weak armor riasing my speed may let her get 1 more attack in against slower foes...

So what exactly does Cursola do offensively that Chandelure doesn't? Fire STAB is excellent and better defense and speed more than make up for the special bulk. Cursed Body is useless except possibly to (eventually) stop a sweep. Chandelure gets a pick between Flame Body and Flash Fire which are both much more useful. Even on Trick Room 80 base speed is generally slow enough to underspeed most Pokemon.

Apparently Eternatus cannot Dynamax at all…… I mean it's pretty natural it cannot take on its Eternarmax form for how OP it is, but it couldn't even Dynamax seems a bit odd.
Wonder if it is also impossible to Max the doggos.

So what exactly does Cursola do offensively that Chandelure doesn't? Fire STAB is excellent and better defense and speed more than make up for the special bulk. Cursed Body is useless except possibly to (eventually) stop a sweep. Chandelure gets a pick between Flame Body and Flash Fire which are both much more useful. Even on Trick Room 80 base speed is generally slow enough to underspeed most Pokemon.
Its main draw is just getting some coverage that chandelure doesn't, like Hydro Pump and Earth Power. It likely will still be outclassed by Chandelure though.

What I'm wondering is why Cursola was even made given how eerily similar its statline is to Polteageist. Both are mono-ghost and have bad HP and Defense, while specializing in Special Attack and Special Defense. The only difference of note is that cursola has higher attack while Polteageist has higher Speed., but that doesn't seem to be enough of a distinguishing factor compared to something like a secondary typing.

Its main draw is just getting some coverage that chandelure doesn't, like Hydro Pump and Earth Power. It likely will still be outclassed by Chandelure though.

What I'm wondering is why Cursola was even made given how eerily similar its statline is to Polteageist. Both are mono-ghost and have bad HP and Defense, while specializing in Special Attack and Special Defense. The only difference of note is that cursola has higher attack while Polteageist has higher Speed., but that doesn't seem to be enough of a distinguishing factor compared to something like a secondary typing.
Gamefreak seems to do weird simular pokemon every generation. Remember Gen 6 with both Gourgiest and Trevenant?

I think both of these ghosts play slightly differently. Cursola is the sol special sweep and wall, while Polteagiest is the super speedy sweeper with unique stuff like shell smash and stored power and Baton pass.

Apparently Eternatus cannot Dynamax at all…… I mean it's pretty natural it cannot take on its Eternarmax form for how OP it is, but it couldn't even Dynamax seems a bit odd.
Wonder if it is also impossible to Max the doggos.
It is.

I'd love to see whether the same applies to other legendaries. Is it Galar legends specifically? Is it all legendaries and mythicals? Is it all Pokemon that are normally banned in Battle Spot (which is all legendaries except the musketeers trio)?

Is anyone in a position to test this?

EDIT: It's just the Galar legends.

Last edited:
I'm like 90% sure Gamefreak cut moves just to save time with animating them. Everything we've seen points to a game that was rushed to be completed before Christmas. They probably originally planned on transferring everything but for whatever reason stopped halfway through.
Probably because if they delayed the games to 2020, people would whine and b**** even more than they do now.

It has mudshot... yes not the best move but it gives it coverage at least, and always slowing is nice to help with revenge killers
With Sniper, it does have a shot at OU.
Remember, if someone sets up one of those pain in the ass Ferropex cores, Inteleon can just use U-Turn and switch into something like Cinderace or Rotom.

Also, I feel like people are underestimating Intelleon quite a bit. 125 SpA and 120 Spe, regardless of ability, is amazing with how OU is going to be looking in the future. Want to know who outspeeds base 120 in OU...no one. They're all not returning. In UUBL it's just Weavile. In UU it's just Zeraora. No one in RUBL. Hell, even all the way down in RU and even NU it's just Jolteon, Ribombee, Noivern, and Accelegor. Yeah, sniper is going to be his go to set, but there WILL be specs sets running around. Look how dangerous specs Primarina was in UU (although water or fairy stab is of course better than just water), and Intelleon is the same strength. I keep hearing he'll be walled by Pex and Ferro...but so what? So are tons of pokemon. Losing matchups don't automatically make you unviable in a tier. Also, Intelleon can two shot Pex with mud shot (although I wouldn't run such a weak move for solely one mon), and if he runs Shadow Ball Ferro can be two shot if he gets a SpD drop. My point is that 125/120 in a meta where everything is gone now (12/50+ mon in OU), should not be overlooked.
I agree. Everyone underestimates the spy boi... until he snipes em outta the Arceus-damn air. And god forbid, the SwSh Galar Dex meta keeps in the new friendship buffs... geez.
Snipe Shot's +1 crit rate + Scope Lens's +1 crit buff + max Friendship doubled crit chance + Sniper = GUARANTEED SNIPE SHOT SNIPERCRITS.
On a 125 base special attack stat and 120 base speed.
Edit: I guess people get angry at the idea of a viable Inteleon. Huh.

MOD EDIT: Posts merged. Do not double post, use the edit button.

Last edited by a moderator:
SO rapid spin really stopped removing spikes and stuff? wowso getting rid of those are much harder now huh? I hope you aren't screwed over for not using a defogger as my current 2 teams done have or plan to have one.

But with Rapid spin not as useful, not sure what to give my Eeldgoss now. Still planning on using Leech Seed, Giga Drain, and Pollen Puff, but not sure the last one anymore. What are you guys using?

Doesn't apply in PVP.

However, Inteleon does get Focus Energy. No Draco Meteor-like move to abuse with it, but Inteleon's SpA is sufficiently higher that it will hit just as hard.
So I was planning going just a full Attack set with Snipe shot, Ice Beam, Mudshot, and Air Cutter/Slash whichever he gets, but I guess that last move could be replaced with Focus energu once his HA is avalible

SO rapid spin really stopped removing spikes and stuff? wowso getting rid of those are much harder now huh? I hope you aren't screwed over for not using a defogger as my current 2 teams done have or plan to have one.

But with Rapid spin not as useful, not sure what to give my Eeldgoss now. Still planning on using Leech Seed, Giga Drain, and Pollen Puff, but not sure the last one anymore. What are you guys using?

So I was planning going just a full Attack set with Snipe shot, Ice Beam, Mudshot, and Air Cutter/Slash whichever he gets, but I guess that last move could be replaced with Focus energu once his HA is avalible
spin still works the same way as it always has, it was a pure buff so stop spreading misinformation

spin still works the same way as it always has, it was a pure buff so stop spreading misinformation
Ah sorry. I read it one the forums here it got removed, and serebii didn't list spikes as one of the things it removed, so I thought it was gone. Thats a relive

Does anyone know where i can accurately find the NEST ID location in the wild area for max raid? Is it even possible

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)