SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Discussion

It's so weird. I kept hearing praise for how well they scrubbed the demo clean, and then just. "Ah shit, hang on for dear life, leaks incoming!"

What the hell went wrong?
I think what happened is the first set of stuff dataminers looked for was cleverly hidden, specifically Pokemon base stats. At that point we assumed they scrubbed it pretty well. Then they found the more "interesting" information.

I mean, all this news about datamining is only a few hours old anyway. We don't quite know how well it's hidden yet.

Disappointed that the developers nerfed the speed dropping effect of paralysis rather than full paralysis but this is nonetheless a nice change. Hoping that Burn and Stealth Rock damage see similar nerfs.
I think this is better, if it just dropped speed it would be a massive boom for trick room teams as it would make them quicker under TR and immune to other statuses with no down side.

I think this is better, if it just dropped speed it would be a massive boom for trick room teams as it would make them quicker under TR and immune to other statuses with no down side.
There isn't an item (yet) that causes paralysis though, and you really wouldn't want to waste an item slot on it when you can just run 0 speed EVs and accomplish the same thing.

So, in battle they have a tracker for raised/dropped stats now! FINALLY!

Edit: Also, apparently when you approach a Trainer who will challenge you for a battle when you lock eyes, somehow the game warns you with a sound and visual effect. I guess that's neat.

Edit 2: The move effectiveness info doesn't show when you fight a Trainer-owned Pokemon, but only against wild ones. I guess this means that Inverse Battles will still have its usual challenge. Screw that; the effectiveness info shows if you have encountered the Pokemon at least once before.

Last edited:
There isn't an item (yet) that causes paralysis though, and you really wouldn't want to waste an item slot on it when you can just run 0 speed EVs and accomplish the same thing.
It'd become beneficial to have a partner paralyze you in Doubles.

That wouldn't be an optimal play in most cases, but automatically becoming the fastest thing in Trick Room and blocking other status ailments would be extremely powerful. I'm not a huge fan of how strong paralysis is with both a speed drop and a chance of missing a turn, but I can see why they don't remove its RNG factor entirely.

Also, let's all be real; the true problem with paralysis is Thundurus.

At any rate, I like the change to a 1/2 speed drop. It can now be mitigated with boosting moves or Tailwind, the same way burns could be mitigated by boosting. The Pokemon isn't destined to go last the entire match; it gives players some option for trying to overcome what's still a very powerful status.

Disappointed that the developers nerfed the speed dropping effect of paralysis rather than full paralysis but this is nonetheless a nice change. Hoping that Burn and Stealth Rock damage see similar nerfs.
I'm sorta suspecting that GF will pat themselves on the back for paralysis nerf, thinking they "fixed" it so it's much less likely they will fix the biggest problem with it (unless if the worlds finals will [inevitably] be decided by some major parahax).

Does anyone else find it hard to get used to using the circle pad for movement? After so many years of using the D-pad it's going to take some getting used to...

does greninja retain its ash-greninja form after switching out?

do we know how much stronger Water Shuriken is when used in ash-greninja form?

i dont have any battles left in my demo to test this

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I don't get it.
Do we only have 1 trial in the demo version? I can't unlock anything after my first trial.

I don't get it.
Do we only have 1 trial in the demo version? I can't unlock anything after my first trial.
No, there are multilple. No idea how many, but I've already played two (the first one with the dragons and a second one where you actually get Poké Balls to catch stuff*).

Go back to the route with the trainer(s) and use Tauros to smash the rocks and explore.

*Well.. not really a "Trial" but a "Challenge". The difference is kinda lost in translation between German to English. :P

Last edited:

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
does greninja retain its ash-greninja form after switching out?

do we know how much stronger Water Shuriken is when used in ash-greninja form?

i dont have any battles left in my demo to test this
I don't think Water Shuriken itself gets stronger. I doubt it would retain form, but its impossible to test in the beta since you don't fight any trainers when you can have multiple Pokemon.

I don't think Water Shuriken itself gets stronger. I doubt it would retain form, but its impossible to test in the beta since you don't fight any trainers when you can have multiple Pokemon.
you get pikachu before the totem battle and there is at least one trainer with 2 pokemon in the stardust mission

water shuriken BP remains the same in ash-greninja form so some some maths is involved

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)