Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

Honestly the fact they're sharing *LEVEL 90* pokemon with... actually good movesets is giving me hope that they actually put effort in making this DLC a actual late game challenge.

Prayge
I mean every single preview has talked about the quality of the late game Pokemon and level ranges (with famitsu even making a comparison to BDSP's rematch teams) + how Kieren's final team & the Oger trainers are set up, so that's kind of a known thing of what they're aiming for even if it winds up being very managable if you have knowledge of the game and a decent team put together.

But also I think doipy is more posting it because one of the sets of teams are level 15s. For the post-post game DLC.

I assume just dipping into their big PR bin of different ways to share your team (eating sadwiches, picnic, pause screen, battle box)

I mean every single preview has talked about the quality of the late game Pokemon and level ranges (with famitsu even making a comparison to BDSP's rematch teams) + how Kieren's final team & the Oger trainers are set up, so that's kind of a known thing of what they're aiming for even if it winds up being very managable if you have knowledge of the game and a decent team put together.
I'll be honest, as much as I want to, I can't trust the press when it comes to judging videogames.
Not even Serebii due to the fact they literally cannot speak frankly to not lose partnership.

I don't expect this "lategame" to be anywhere as hard as they pretend it to be, but i'll be satisfied if I go in with my lvl 100s and I have at very least to think 3 seconds what move to press instead of mashing my face on the controller.

And hey if by any chance it's actually challenging, I won't complain.

But also I think doipy is more posting it because one of the sets of teams are level 15s. For the post-post game DLC.

I assume just dipping into their big PR bin of different ways to share your team (eating sadwiches, picnic, pause screen, battle box)
Yeah, it's an old picture back from when the DLC was first announced, but the choice of Shizzy's level 90 team seems very deliberate.
It is kind of ironic that the screenshot they use doesn't have the DLC bought though.

I'll be honest, as much as I want to, I can't trust the press when it comes to judging videogames.
Not even Serebii due to the fact they literally cannot speak frankly to not lose partnership.
I'm aware, which is why I noted that even one of the other press outlets seemingly had someone who actually had an explicit reference point implying that their previewer likely had experience with the games' post game contents as comparison.

I'd take the continual claims of what they're aiming for over random screenshot of a battle box of level 90 pokemon.
I don't expect this "lategame" to be anywhere as hard as they pretend it to be, but i'll be satisfied if I go in with my lvl 100s and I have at very least to think 3 seconds what move to press instead of mashing my face on the controller.

And hey if by any chance it's actually challenging, I won't complain.
I'm shooting the shot that it doesn't actually matter what the teams are, it will never satisfy people for one reason or another

The final couple battles of Teal Mask (and Ogre clan) were pretty challenging from "in game team" point (i myself literally took my story team i had boxed in preparation from this and struggled against Kieran) and so were some parts of the base game depending on the order you tackled them in, and that's fine.

However the way the press is describing this dlc story and E4 as "BDSP postgame tier with lvl 90+ mons" feels... hard to believe.

I want to believe it cause while still not really a challenge for anyone with lvl 100 trained teams, it'd be a breath of fresh air and showing that GF may finally start to realize that the games need some kind of postgame that isnt just raids or vgc (rip battle facilities)

That is why I am particularly bothered by what the press is saying about it. I don't want them to feed me false hope again. Remember when they were so vocal about "Isle of Armor scaling the difficulty on your progress!" ... and it turned out just being same as wild area, with a lvl 30 "prepostgame" and a lvl 60-70 postgame team for the few trainers.

Kieran decimated my in-game team during the final fight lol I went in with level 60s, and with the exception of my EV'd Teal Mask starter, they were all caught in-game (and consisted of like Arbok and Furret lol) so yeah, some of the battles were fairly difficult. I was also knocked out by one of the Ogre Clan members quite quickly because I underestimated them.

It's odd that there aren't many trainers at all - so even if you go into it with Level 60s, which is generally where your team is after completing the game, you don't really have any decent non-braindead ways of grinding to match Kieran's final team which maxes out at Level 76.

I do think it sounds like they're changing their genuine post-game content to be more difficult, I just wish they'd give clearly different teams / builds for pre/post game. I get the levelling but why am I fighting a Yanma and Sentret in the post-game? Being Level 60 doesn't mean anything if they're bottom tier shit-mons :worrywhirl: It surely can't be hard to implement teams based on whether or not someone is pre/post game.

It surely can't be hard to implement teams based on whether or not someone is pre/post game.
I think it's not really a case of "being hard or not", rather a case of being worth it or not.

Designing a team is still development time invested (a bit more than you'd expect, as they would need to also design the scope/difficulty of each individual enemy that has to "scale", potentially different gameplans based on the difficulty, before just putting ids and number in the encounter table).
With how many trainers the game tends to have, that is deceptively a lot of time. Doing just a "story / post game" variant is relatively quickly, starting to have to design 4-5 teams per trainer including story ones starts to eventually add up, and on a company that has historically been struggling to meet deadline, is a waste of time, expecially since it's a feature that only a minimal part of the playerbase would ever care for.

Hence why I rather just have "actual postgame" rather than do bad attempts at scaling the game (see lvl 60 sentret or galarian slowpoke)

Most riff-raff doesn't require a full indepth dive into every trainter to give them the best team

Literally just have to evolve them. That's it. That's all you do. You already have to copy the team & update the levels, just evolve them as well. Whatever happens after that is irrelevant since they just let the movesets take the wheel.

Also the scaling situation here is completely irrelevant to having an "actual postgame" anyway because the IOA & TM are designed (such as they are) to be played both during the main story (since a large chunk of players would be new or starting over) and something you can do post-game (since a large chunk of the playerbase already did that). I suspect this is something that will continue moving forward: a first DLC that plays both and a second DLC that assumes you've done everything else.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
That is why I am particularly bothered by what the press is saying about it. I don't want them to feed me false hope again. Remember when they were so vocal about "Isle of Armor scaling the difficulty on your progress!" ... and it turned out just being same as wild area, with a lvl 30 "prepostgame" and a lvl 60-70 postgame team for the few trainers.
As far as we can tell all these previewers were given sample teams with Pokemon and sets optimized for doubles like Scrafty, were directly warned by the supervisors to not be ashamed of losing and while most didn't they were far from easy battles. I guess it's possible we're just witnessing a collection of Heated Game Journo Moments but the sample size seems awfully high. It's not like we have to imagine really high-end team composition by this game's NPCs anyway, if Teal Mask can bring out the Ogre Clan battles while not even being the true postgame it's a perfectly reasonable expectation that Indigo Disk's toughest fights at least match that standard

Ah well, we won't have to wait much longer to find out anyway

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I'm not sure why but the UK Upload of the final episode of Paldean Wings has a code for a Gimmighoul

This doesn't appear to be on the international version of it - I haven't checked the Japanese trailer yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)