Pokemon Merchandise thread

So is this where we can post pictures of Pokemon merchandise?

And as an aside, the new Pokemon Centre in Kyoto has Ho-oh and Lugia dressed Pikachu, which look awesome.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So is this where we can post pictures of Pokemon merchandise?

And as an aside, the new Pokemon Centre in Kyoto has Ho-oh and Lugia dressed Pikachu, which look awesome.
Here's a Kotaku article about the newly opened Kyote Pokemon Center which is apparently very Japanese. It has a Ho-Oh statue (with a Pikachu riding it) since Kyote is where the Buddhist temple "Byodo-in" is and the temple is famous for its "Phoenix Hall" which has two statues of the Japanese Phoenix, the Hou-ou, perched on top (I know what you're thinking, and no. While also based on a Buddhist temple, the Burned/Brass Tower is based on one called "Kinkaku-ji"). Though with that said maybe instead of having a Pikachu dressed as Lugia they should have it dressed like Moltres so they have two fire birds.

Also they have two exclusive Pikachu dolls and related merchandise. The Pikachu dolls are based on "hina-ningyou" dolls. Now for those who watched the anime, do you remember the episode "Princess vs Princess"? It's an episode about a holiday called the "Princess Festival" and in that particular episode Misty and Jessie compete in a beauty pageant to win a set of Pokemon dolls dressed in Japanese clothing (it's also the episode where Jessie caught Lickitung, but that's not important). Well that's the dub version trying its best to translate an episode based on a Japanese holiday. The "Princess Festival" is actually a Japanse holiday called "Hinamatsuri" which can be translated as "Girl's Day" or "Doll's Day". A major part of the holiday is that girls display their "hina-ningyou" dolls from late February to March 3rd. So while the Kyoto Pokemon Center is opening up after the holiday, it's still considered a March holiday so the timing is pretty good (and I'm sure any girl who's also a Pokemon fan probably would love to add a Pikachu hina-ningyou dolls to their collection).

But it goes even DEEPER. The Pikachu dolls are based on the Emperor and Empress of the Heian Period (794 to 1185), and during this era the capital was moved to Kyoto from Nara. It also connects with the Ho-Oh statue as it was during this time that Chinese influence was at its peak (the Hou-ou is actually a Chinese mythical creature which Japan adopted and made into their own). There's also other stuff like a focus on Cherry Blossoms (which Japanese poets suddenly became interested in during the Heian Period, becoming Japan's national flower) and green tea (which was invented in Uji, a city in the Kyoto Prefecture and also where the temple Byodo-in is located).

So yeah, VERY Japanese. Also it contains all the other Pokemon Center merchandise (like Pikachu dressed up as the Mega Pokemon), but you can check out the article to see those for yourself.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Apparently my friend went to Kyoto Pokemon Center today, and the queue was 60 minutes long.
Geez.
Pokemon is still very popular in Japan, I'd say.

Cresselia~~

I recently realise that you can buy a lot of the Pokemon Center stuff or other Pokemon merchandises on AmiAmi.com
It's a large site, so they have discounted prices.
You can also select different shipping methods.

I'm just overwhelmed. Ordering there is sometimes even cheaper than ordering from dealers in Hong Kong (which are already relatively cheap compared to elsewhere).

Just get Paypal, go to AmiAmi, and search Pokemon-- then BOOM!! Lots to choose from.

I ordered this cute Goomy plush!!!!!!

I've used Ami Ami to order doll clothes before, the shipping price was actually ok.
But I never thought they would have Pokemon center stuff.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'm 3 months late with this, but still worth posting for this month's and future ones.

A lot of merchandise is being released for Pokemon's 20th Anniversary, but I would say one of the most notable would be a monthly release of a plush, figurine & Poke Ball, & TCG pack coinciding with the mythical Pokemon of that month!

Couldn't find the Pokeball Figure for Genesect.

While all awesome, kind of wish each one had their own unique Pokeball.

Good luck. I've been trying to get them all (So far I DID get all of the Mew and Celebi stuff), but it was a nightmare due to how little was stocked and how many people wanted it. The little toys in balls should be easier to find but don't expect to find it until the middle of the month. I checked nearly a half dozen TRUs this weekend and I didn't even find hints of Jirachi yet.

Cresselia~~

I'm 3 months late with this, but still worth posting for this month's and future ones.

A lot of merchandise is being released for Pokemon's 20th Anniversary, but I would say one of the most notable would be a monthly release of a plush, figurine & Poke Ball, & TCG pack coinciding with the mythical Pokemon of that month!

Couldn't find the Pokeball Figure for Genesect.

While all awesome, kind of wish each one had their own unique Pokeball.
Thanks
I think i am very interested at the Arceus plush

And for those in the UK, pokecenter loot is the only place I have found, but they are really helpful, and cover import fees. I should know, I have far too many plushes lying around.

Cresselia~~

And for those in the UK, pokecenter loot is the only place I have found, but they are really helpful, and cover import fees. I should know, I have far too many plushes lying around.
Both AmiAmi and PokeShopper works worldwide, as they both ship from Japan.
AmiAmi is cheaper though, but may not have everything.

Cresselia~~

Guys... if I become a dealer, how many of you are interested in buying stuff from me?
(Is this against Smogon rules?)
I do have some connections in Japan.

AmiAmi doesn't have everything from Pokemon Center, especially the stuff that requires you to PHYSICALLY go to Pokemon Center.

Also, a lot of Pokemon raffle prizes can be bought in Hong Kong. (A lot of shops host these raffles too)
Actually, I often join raffles and end up with a lot of Pokemon stuff that I don't want.

Maybe if I set up an eBay, you guys could buy.

PS: It's cheaper to ship to Hong Kong from Japan, and then ship to USA from Hong Kong, because Hong Kong's post is crazy cheap and reliable.
Hong Kong post is NOT China post. I know China post is shitty.

Guys... if I become a dealer, how many of you are interested in buying stuff from me?
(Is this against Smogon rules?)
I do have some connections in Japan.

AmiAmi doesn't have everything from Pokemon Center, especially the stuff that requires you to PHYSICALLY go to Pokemon Center.

Also, a lot of Pokemon raffle prizes can be bought in Hong Kong. (A lot of shops host these raffles too)
Actually, I often join raffles and end up with a lot of Pokemon stuff that I don't want.

Maybe if I set up an eBay, you guys could buy.

PS: It's cheaper to ship to Hong Kong from Japan, and then ship to USA from Hong Kong, because Hong Kong's post is crazy cheap and reliable.
Hong Kong post is NOT China post. I know China post is shitty.
I might buy if you do like eBay or at least accept PayPal

Whats the go with the Pokemon Nanoblock's? In Australia, i've only been able to find a (very) small range... I have Gengar and Eevee. Yesterday I bought Dragonite -- the first two still aren't assembled, but thats irrelevant. They will provide hours of cheap entertainment... when I find time :P

Surely there must be a bigger range than like, 8? ANyone got any info? For the record -- i've seen caterpie, dragonite, gengar, eevee, squirtle(?) charizard and....mewtwo?

Cresselia~~

Whats the go with the Pokemon Nanoblock's? In Australia, i've only been able to find a (very) small range... I have Gengar and Eevee. Yesterday I bought Dragonite -- the first two still aren't assembled, but thats irrelevant. They will provide hours of cheap entertainment... when I find time :P

Surely there must be a bigger range than like, 8? ANyone got any info? For the record -- i've seen caterpie, dragonite, gengar, eevee, squirtle(?) charizard and....mewtwo?
I've seen Gengar, squirtle, charizard, in Hong Kong. Both authentic and bootleg.
And there's also the Japanese exclusive black and white nanoblocks, where you can assemble Kanto starters, but also use to assemble Mew with the same pack.

I did a quick google search for the Pokemon Nanoblocks, and there does seem to be a variety. However most of these are likely fan-made.

I need to buy some of these now, so cute I can't stand it.

In stolre
I did a quick google search for the Pokemon Nanoblocks, and there does seem to be a variety. However most of these are likely fan-made.

I need to buy some of these now, so cute I can't stand it.
The bottom 8 are definitely official. I have Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, and Mewtwo. Barnes and Noble has Pikachu, the three starters, and Charizard in stock so you don't even need to import for some of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)